What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB - Preseason Practices & Hype Thread

Namon's got great body control and a feel for it with knifing to the basket. Was quick on his 2nd jump, too. Good athlete. Good length.

Namon's got great body control and a feel for it with knifing to the basket. Was quick on his 2nd jump, too. Good athlete. Good length.

If Namon had not followed up there, Walton was right there ready to get the offensive board and put it back in.

HEY! WAIT A DAMNED MINUTE! THAT KID LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A 'braska SHIRT ON!!!

I went to college in DC so I was exposed to Maryland and upon further inspection, it's certainly a Maryland shirt like Nik mentioned.

Fc9elLu.gif

I went to college in DC so I was exposed to Maryland and upon further inspection, it's certainly a Maryland shirt like Nik mentioned.

Fc9elLu.gif
Well, okay then. If you say so. But it is still red and he should have been asked to remove it and go the the Buff store and purchase proper attire.

You know that CU has never had a basketball rivalry with Nebraska, right?

I may be totally wrong, so please correct me if so. But I believe that you're a CO transplant? I only mention this, because even though you're obviously a huge CU fan now, I think that if you grew up in CO, especially around the time of McCartney years, you'd appreciate how visceral CU fans' hatred of Nebraska is. It extends to their whole athletic department, as well as school, as well citizens, etc. I hate Nebraska volleyball (even though they have some great talent...not talking about on the court), baseball, basketball, etc. I don't know if they have a swim team, but I hate them too. If they have a softball program; I hope they suck as well. Club hockey team at Lincoln, if it exists - yeah, I hope they suck every year. Academics - yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them get ranked dead last by Princeton Review in every category.

With all that said, I do respect them on a serious note. But, ultimately, **** Nebraska.

I may be totally wrong, so please correct me if so. But I believe that you're a CO transplant? I only mention this, because even though you're obviously a huge CU fan now, I think that if you grew up in CO, especially around the time of McCartney years, you'd appreciate how visceral CU fans' hatred of Nebraska is. It extends to their whole athletic department, as well as school, as well citizens, etc. I hate Nebraska volleyball (even though they have some great talent...not talking about on the court), baseball, basketball, etc. I don't know if they have a swim team, but I hate them too. If they have a softball program; I hope they suck as well. Club hockey team at Lincoln, if it exists - yeah, I hope they suck every year. Academics - yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them get ranked dead last by Princeton Review in every category.

With all that said, I do respect them on a serious note. But, ultimately, **** Nebraska.
Yeah. I didn't move here until 1998. But I have literally never heard a CU basketball fan care much about Nebraska hoops. Kansas, fills more of that historical slot and Arizona has moved into it. Also, bad blood with ASU and Oregon these days and the natural rivalry with Utah is building. The hoops hatred for Nebraska is more of a general thing... being glad to see them lose in whatever they do and whatever sport they play. But I don't think MBB fans would circle a home & home being scheduled with the Nubs any more than if one was scheduled with KSU or Mizzou. Probably would be more interesting to football fans who also go to some basketball games, but not among the basketball-first crowd.

@Goose , @Scotch -- what say you?

Yeah. I didn't move here until 1998. But I have literally never heard a CU basketball fan care much about Nebraska hoops. Kansas, fills more of that historical slot and Arizona has moved into it. Also, bad blood with ASU and Oregon these days and the natural rivalry with Utah is building. The hoops hatred for Nebraska is more of a general thing... being glad to see them lose in whatever they do and whatever sport they play. But I don't think MBB fans would circle a home & home being scheduled with the Nubs any more than if one was scheduled with KSU or Mizzou. Probably would be more interesting to football fans who also go to some basketball games, but not among the basketball-first crowd.

Well, sure...I was just responding to your response on DBT's comments for his general hatred of red. Even though a bball rivalry doesn't exist, the general hatred in all athletic events towards Nebraska is warranted. **** Nebraska.

As for bball - yeah, KU definitely has always been the big boy on the block around these parts. I can't stand KU and how their fans would make the CEC basically the Phog West every year. I hate their Rock Chalk chant....but KU hatred, even in just bball, pales to the general Nebraska hatred imo.

From a schedule perspective, I wouldn't want a home and home against them unless they became a more competitive team that could help our RPI.

Hating Nebraska basketball is like hating CSU football. Not necessary but worth rooting for them to suck just for the fan meltdowns.

Hating Nebraska basketball is like hating CSU football. Not necessary but worth rooting for them to suck just for the fan meltdowns.

I'm more in the "I root for CSU outside of when they play CU" camp. I'm very much a Pavlovian dog when it comes to Nebraska, and even though I'm old enough to see my brain conditioning, I'm a proud CU fan that hates Nebraska. **** them.

One way of putting it would be the Olympics. I root for the US in everything - I want us to win all the time. When Amy Van Dyken won her 4 golds, I thought it was great, not just for her and USA, but for CSU and CO. I'm a proud CO kid at heart. However, if there were a Nebraska swimmer in the Olympics... ...I mean, I want the US to win, but at the same time... ....I definitely would be rather amused and smirking if ... ...like she didn't just fail to win the gold, but she...like was dead last. She didn't even make it out of her first heat, and in fact, somehow got lapped. Her time was the worst of all the initial heats.

I hate Nebraska in everything. If I had to choose a win over either the bugs or the Beakers, I'd probably pick Kansas because of how big time those wins are. But the night of the Nebraska loss would involve a lot of booze and a lot of throwing up.

not as prominent as the fuskers, but the chickenhawks also have red in their school colors. Does that answer your question?

KU in football or NU in Hoops was usually just another conference game. A win against KU in hoops or NU in football could make a season unforgettable.

Last edited:
I hate Nebraska in everything. If I had to choose a win over either the bugs or the Beakers, I'd probably pick Kansas because of how big time those wins are. But the night of the Nebraska loss would involve a lot of booze and a lot of throwing up.

not as prominent as the fuskers, but the chickenhawks also have red in their school colors. Does that answer your question?

Would it sum it up to say that you hate KU for basketball reasons and hate NU on principle?

Would it sum it up to say that you hate KU for basketball reasons and hate NU on principle?

NU football and KU hoops were the only things to hate about them imo. Wasn't much to care about past that.

Back