What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs @ Bears (MBB)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Sunday at 2:30 on the U.

Colorado-ESPNU-logo.jpg

Cal is great on D - 12th in D Rating for the season (but only 4th in the P12 in conference play). They're slow and keep opponents from shooting well. They hit the boards hard as well, but will turn it over a bit. Key is Ivan Rabb. Kid is an absolute stud who shoots the ball well and hits the boards hard (Wes is the only one that has a higher OR% and no one on the Buffs can match him on the defensive boards.

Cal can hit the 3, and ultimately I think that will be our undoing. Unless our perimeter defenders step up their game dramatically, they'll make us pay there.

Seems we've been better in the zone recently, but seems like Cal will destroy that. I watched the Utah game last night. That was anyone's game.

Seems we've been better in the zone recently, but seems like Cal will destroy that. I watched the Utah game last night. That was anyone's game.

Watching Peters in zone is terrifying. If we're going to continue to use zone sporadically next year, hopefully Tad & Co spend a lot of time with him on it.

Sunday at 2:30 on the U.

Colorado-ESPNU-logo.jpg

Perfect! Can watch the game and successfully avoid all the ridiculous pre-game over-hype of the Super Bowl ... and not even miss kickoff! Unless of course our game goes into OT.

Key is Ivan Rabb. Kid is an absolute stud who shoots the ball well and hits the boards hard (Wes is the only one that has a higher OR% and no one on the Buffs can match him on the defensive boards.

I haven't seen one Cal game this year, but I thought Rabb was the most overrated top freshman last year. Cal overall was just disappointing, but last year, Rabb really stuck out to me...not in a good way. I thought he was just too soft and weak, which is completely understandable considering his age. He could stroke it okay though, and if he's a monster all of the sudden inside, he'll be hard to defend. I have always liked Jabari Bird too.

Go Buffs!

Aside from Cal, assuming we we lose to Oregon and win all others before the Pac 12 tournament, is the Cal game a "must" win?

Aside from Cal, assuming we we lose to Oregon and win all others before the Pac 12 tournament, is the Cal game a "must" win?
That's a trick question. Depends what you hope to avhieve. I considered the ASU game a must-win at the time, when I hoped to make the NCAAs. It's a must win to guarantee a 20-win season. It's a must-win to have a winning conference record. I'm hesitant to predict post-season opportunities, but given the scenario you raised I would think it might be a very important win for NIT consideration. A Buff team with 20 wins and an extremely strong finish would seem a lock for the NIT.

Should be a good game. Tad has your boys playing much better. If Cal doesn't defend the perimeter well and you guys hit three's, Cal could be in trouble. We have a decided size advantage in the paint. Rebounding and fouls will decide this game.

Pretty much every game except the pac-12 tourney title game is a must win.

Bears missing 3 pt attempts early ... a good sign. Hope it continues.

Did they ship the floor in from Washington for the game? Someone is going to get hurt on this thing. I have an uneasy feeling watching all these slips early.

7-7 at first media timeout.

Tory with a very nice start in this one (4 pts & 3 rebs in the first 5 minutes).

3 fouls on CU has me worried. None on Cal.

Not sure if Wes and XJ are playing today, so the refs could be a problem for CU if they're calling things tight on us.

Peters is coming into his own and Tad thinks the world of Lucas S - maybe his time now

Still not defending the open man shooting a three. Why?

Well, getting killed on the glass. Good job senior "leaders"

A 13-0 run by Cal ... does Tad even bother with game-time coaching? ****!!! :mad:

All I'm gonna say is that there are good reasons that despite his talent and the fire we see at times which are why XJ is not the leader of this team and shouldn't be.

Sounds intriguing. Barzil perhaps?

Hope we win today without them.

If we lose, whatever.

**** those guys. I don't care if they play another minute at CU.

I have zero tolerance for a couple 5th year seniors who violate team rules on a road trip and hurt the team like this.

Back