What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Charter To Hawaii

I was hoping they got word from Stephens about his announcement Friday morning. Plus, I usually only see that with them using it as a code for a new commit.

Years ago flew DEN-HON changed planes in 45 Min and then HON-SYD. 17 hours all in MD-11s

Everything hurt and the jet lag was brutal. Left DEN in the evening flew through one "night," a day, and then another "night" before arriving in Australia in the morrning

Return flight was worse, took about three days before I could even think straight.

But Australia was so cool I would jump on a plane and do it again in an instant if I got to spend another 6 weeks in the outback and on the eastern coast of the country.

Flying to Australia is horrible. For whatever reason, I found the LA to SYD flight to be far worse than the SFO-Hong Kong flight. Not sure why.

Hope the Buffs stay up late tonight and push that a bit. Always do that when I get to Hawaii. Then sleep in the next day as late as possible (which for me is never very long). Otherwise, I'm ready for bed by 9pm at latest. Game end may be 2:30am. Realize these are college kids, but that doesn't mean they are as alert at 2:30 am as they are at 10:30pm. Need to make a big clock shift on night #1.

Try Boston's Logan to Narita. 14 hours of fun last year with a 4&5 year old.
LAX to Auckland was a fun one too as is Seattle to Bangkok.
Child's play! Try Aspen to Denver on a mid-summer's day in an old Convair 580 prop! A T-storm-induced roller coaster ride that made 1 hour seem like 20! The suspense of whether that bucket of bolts would make it over that first mountain out of Sardi Field was, by itself, terror inducing.

Hope the Buffs stay up late tonight and push that a bit. Always do that when I get to Hawaii. Then sleep in the next day as late as possible (which for me is never very long). Otherwise, I'm ready for bed by 9pm at latest. Game end may be 2:30am. Realize these are college kids, but that doesn't mean they are as alert at 2:30 am as they are at 10:30pm. Need to make a big clock shift on night #1.

You gotta think that the coaches have the jet-lag/starting at 11:05 p.m. Mountain Time start figured out. At least you gotta hope . . .

Flying to Australia is horrible. For whatever reason, I found the LA to SYD flight to be far worse than the SFO-Hong Kong flight. Not sure why.
Only good thing about international business travel is that I don't get jet lag. I've been on several 15+ hour flights; my biggest issue is the inability to sleep on a plane.

Anyone ever fly to Skagway, AK? Then shut up! I spent a week in Skagway in January because planes couldn't fly in the fog. Skagway in January sucks donkey balls.

My worst was Tokyo to New York City. Followed by a 2 hour or so wait for the puddle jump to home in upstate NY. Brutal day. Awake for over 24 hours straight and I thought I'd dozed off and missed the puddle jump when it was taken off the board due to a delay.

Child's play! Try Aspen to Denver on a mid-summer's day in an old Convair 580 prop!
I was having a hard time remembering my most harrowing flights and this reminded me. Early 80's, living in Dolores, CO but the old Frontier flew into Cortez using the Convair 580s. Flew in from Denver in the winter time in a blizzard. Aside from being 7 years old screaming in fear next to my mom (who doesn't do well flying anyway) because of turbulence, on of the engines kept cutting in and out. Amazed we made it to Cortez where dad met us like nothing was wrong.
Next one was on the old Pioneer Airlines in a Swearingen Metro (dubbed the "Toothpaste Tube") going from CEZ-PUB to see grandparents. Again my mom and I, but this time in the summer and hit a T-storm over Wolf Creek.Bottom dropped out on us and we dropped what felt like 1000 feet in a microsecond. I was 11 this time so I had fun like I was on a roller coaster ride. Mom didn't fare as well. As soon as we got to Pueblo, we ended up at my aunt's house where she and my aunt got obliterated on Riunite Rose'.

DFW-LAX- SEOUL-SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE-TOKYO-SFO-DFW

Double layovers kinda suck, moreso when a cheaper fare is the main reason you find yourself killing time in some out of the way airport.

this thread is a weird combo of awesome Hawaii tweets and hellishly long international flight flashbacks.

Ugh. Listened to Evans and Joel Driessen on the way in this morning. Painful. Evans asked Driessen to discuss the game. Neither one of them know jack squat about CU or Hawaii for that matter. And Driessen is just a meat head. I can't believe he is on the radio. He'll be on all season. Yuck. I may have to start listening to music.

DFW-LAX- SEOUL-SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE-TOKYO-SFO-DFW

Double layovers kinda suck, moreso when a cheaper fare is the main reason you find yourself killing time in some out of the way airport.
XMN - HKG - ZRH - LHR - SNN I had breakfast in China, lunch in Hong Kong, dinner on the flight to Zurich, breakfast in Zurich, lunch in London and dinner in Limerick all within 1 calendar day. Brutal day with no sleep.

Back