What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs enter stretch run

How many wins for CU during the stretch run?

• 7 (25-6 final record)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 6 (24-7)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 5 (23-8)

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • 4 (22-9)

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • 3 (21-10)

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • 2 (20-11)

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • 1 (19-12)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 (18-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The UW game looked like the first time post-Spencer that the team was comfortable and confident. We actually look like a team that has adjusted to the loss of Spencer and I believe that we can win a game in the tourney.

If we see the inside-outside scoring threats that we had last night.... and this newfound reduction of turnovers proves not to be a one-game fluke, we may have a chance at 5 wins left in this team. It was hard to tell if UW was just off last night or if Buffs really played that well, but UW looked lost and out of position all night. Those early threes and the breakaway dunks kept the energy up; they will need that on the road.

Point guard play last night was not a concern as it has been for the last several games. Nothing flashy, but solid. XJ can fuel this team. Ski thru the lane is so fun to watch.

Assuming efforts 80-90% of what we saw last night:
Wins - @USC, ASU @ home, @Utah, either Stanford or Cal - that is Four wins. Of these four, @Utah may be the toughest win.

@UCLA is tough, regardless. AZ @ Coors will be a zoo, a chance in that game will come down to the fans/students pumping the Buffs for 40min.

If we see the inside-outside scoring threats that we had last night.... and this newfound reduction of turnovers proves not to be a one-game fluke, we may have a chance at 5 wins left in this team. It was hard to tell if UW was just off last night or if Buffs really played that well, but UW looked lost and out of position all night. Those early threes and the breakaway dunks kept the energy up; they will need that on the road.

Point guard play last night was not a concern as it has been for the last several games. Nothing flashy, but solid. XJ can fuel this team. Ski thru the lane is so fun to watch.

Assuming efforts 80-90% of what we saw last night:
Wins - @USC, ASU @ home, @Utah, either Stanford or Cal - that is Four wins. Of these four, @Utah may be the toughest win.

@UCLA is tough, regardless. AZ @ Coors will be a zoo, a chance in that game will come down to the fans/students pumping the Buffs for 40min.
Like anything else, it was probably a combo of us playing at a high level and them playing at a low level. If we played 9 more times, I doubt we'd have this kind of performance. I'd say it was more them playing below their ability level, they really shot themselves in the foot at the beginning of the game and couldn't recover. Nonetheless, it was great to have a stress-free game for once.

Other than the USC game (and even then), I don't think there's any games where I'm overly confident in. ASU always makes it's hard for us and I expect to win there. Like you I still think we can win 5 games, I'd be ecstatic, I'll take 4 though. Agreed Utah will likely be the toughest win, but I think it's doable.

The UW win was a beat down of epic proportions, but I'm not sure that we've turned the corner or if UW just didn't show up. I suspect the former. Still difficult to see more than 2-3 wins left with so much on the road and the problems we have with ASU and 'Zona. If we play inspired like last night, we win 5 or so.

I think it's a combo of the two, but I do think a lot more of it was UW mailing it in. They looked like **** last week against Wazzu, and they honestly didn't look real good against Utah either. They're struggling. It was pretty obvious if we could punch them in the mouth early they'd fold - and that's exactly what we did.

I think it's a combo of the two, but I do think a lot more of it was UW mailing it in. They looked like **** last week against Wazzu, and they honestly didn't look real good against Utah either. They're struggling. It was pretty obvious if we could punch them in the mouth early they'd fold - and that's exactly what we did.

Agree; plus Wilcox decided not to show up last night. Good defense on him, but still an NBA prospect should impact more than 8pts (4 of them from the line) when his team struggles. Like you said, they packed it in once they got down in the first half. One scoring run from them the whole game!

What impressed me the most was that they kept their foot on the throttle the entire game. Also the defense on Wilcox. We are not going to play like that on D ever night, but I think it is games like this that get the new guys to really understand how important Tad's principles are.

What impressed me the most was that they kept their foot on the throttle the entire game. Also the defense on Wilcox. We are not going to play like that on D ever night, but I think it is games like this that get the new guys to really understand how important Tad's principles are.
What did we start off, 4-4 on threes? Not sure how we finished, but were not going to have that kind of night beyond the arc either, atleast to start off with which ultimately played a crucial part in winning this game as it was hard for them to gain any momentum.

Yeah. I think the closest UW got in the 2nd half was when they hit 2 quick 3 pointers to cut an 18 pt lead to 12. It quickly went back up to 15 or 16 and stayed there.

3 wins. Hard schedule. Our shooters have been on a hot streak. Streaks don't last.

4. But, I am counting on the moxy level of the peeps sustaining on the road (at some measure). I think the talent of UCLA will really test this Thursday night. Dare I say.... we saw a real breakthrough last night in our younger cast! Not to mention the tremendous boost it granted our big guns. I underestimated this potential for 2014. Happy to be wrong. :nod:

Yet another hats off to Tad also. Wow.

Yeah. I think the closest UW got in the 2nd half was when they hit 2 quick 3 pointers to cut an 18 pt lead to 12. It quickly went back up to 15 or 16 and stayed there.
I thought they got it down to 10 in the 2nd half and missed a three, which I thought was crucial in the complexion of the game. I want to say it was with like 15 minutes to go. I could be wrong here.

I'm not able to make a prediction. If we get the team that played last night, we may not lose another game this year. If we get the team that showed up against ASU, we may not win another game this year. I think there's a good chance we see a little of both over these next 7 games.

I think we finish 3-4, anything more than that would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it.

Most likely wins are ASU and at USC and Zona at home (the crowd with be pumped for that game).

If we play with that intensity and get those contributors from Scott, XJ and Booker, we can win every remaining game, but it probably won't happen, especially on the road.

If we get a split on the road against the LA schools, that would be a success.

i'll be the naive optimistic guy and go with 5 wins. why not?

You still going to a game or two in the bay area?

Talking to Nik last night, honestly anything is possible. 0-7 wouldn't fully surprise me. 7-0 wouldn't fully surprise me (although the odds of us beating UCLA are slim and none, and slim is eyeing the door). If the team has truly clicked, they're dangerous. Also, the P12 is completely bi-polar.

All that said, I'm leaning towards 3-4 - wins @USC, vs ASU and one to be stolen (either @Furd or Zona at home behind the crowd rallying us).

I think we finish 3-4, anything more than that would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it.

Most likely wins are ASU and at USC and Zona at home (the crowd with be pumped for that game).

If we play with that intensity and get those contributors from Scott, XJ and Booker, we can win every remaining game, but it probably won't happen, especially on the road.

If we get a split on the road against the LA schools, that would be a success.
I always say with the P12 road scheduling, that if you take one of two on any given weekend unless both opponents are just dreadful, that's good. Applying that theme, beat USC, beat either Stanford or Cal, somehow beat Utah. And beat ASU. UofA would be icing on the cake.

Agree with your likely wins. Not counting on winning every remaining game and I'm higher on this team than most seeing 5 potential victories.

Talking to Nik last night, honestly anything is possible. 0-7 wouldn't fully surprise me. 7-0 wouldn't fully surprise me (although the odds of us beating UCLA are slim and none, and slim is eyeing the door). If the team has truly clicked, they're dangerous. Also, the P12 is completely bi-polar.

All that said, I'm leaning towards 3-4 - wins @USC, vs ASU and one to be stolen (either @Furd or Zona at home behind the crowd rallying us).
I'd be pretty damn surprised with 0-7, although there aren't guaranteed victories, even USC could beat us and ASU at home is far from a given. Law of averages say we go somewhere between 2-5 and 5-2. I think there's a 93% chance we fall somewhere in there. Probably a 3% chance we finish 1-6. Less than a 1% chance we win all remaining games. The cubuffs85 formula... not sure what it really is.

Its hard to be optimistic when I am pretty sure I heard them say last night that in all Pac 12 Conference games this season there have only been 9 road victories so far

Its hard to be optimistic when I am pretty sure I heard them say last night that in all Pac 12 Conference games this season there have only been 9 road victories so far
That's something, it's harder to win on the road in the Pac-12 than any other conference alteast major IMO because you're on the road for nearly a week in some cases.

There were two this weekend - Furd over Cal and UCLA over USC. And USC lead the baby Bears at half.

Yeah the 9 number seems too low, how many does UofA have?

As soon as I wrote it (I am pretty sure they said nine in the broadcast) I was like that is way low...it is 19 as of today

Arizona - 3 road wins
Arizona State - 2 road wins
Colorado - 1 road win
Cal - 3 road wins
UCLA - 3 road wins
Stanford - 3 road wins
Oregon - 2 road wins
Oregon State - 1 road win
Washington - 1 road win

As soon as I wrote it (I am pretty sure they said nine in the broadcast) I was like that is way low...it is 19 as of today

Arizona - 3 road wins
Arizona State - 2 road wins
Colorado - 1 road win
Cal - 3 road wins
UCLA - 3 road wins
Stanford - 3 road wins
Oregon - 2 road wins
Oregon State - 1 road win
Washington - 1 road win
I thought UofA played more road games. I can't believe Cal/Furd have 3 each.

i will definitely be at the cal game and 50/50 on stanford.

Back