What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the Combine

AP967172007891.jpg

O.J. had big hands . . . but small gloves. So confusing . . .

Reactions: SBG
When does Spruce run??

Higgins ran. 4.65

Not going to help either one. Spruce will be hurt less since he wasn't looked at as a speed guy coming in.

Higgins is a guy who was looked at as a big play guy, that time isn't going to help that image. Spruce was looked at as a guy who would run a perfect route and catch the ball. His time won't excite anyone but is fast enough to do what he does in the league.

Spruces 2nd run is 4.70. He is just not fast running in a straight line.

His film is what will get him drafted, but he is definitely a 4th-5th rounder, at best.

As he was starting to prepare for the combine, I seem to recall Spruce saying something about not having really worked on his speed up to that point. I believe him, now.

Jerry Rice didn't run a fast 40, I doubt it was a 4.7 though. I thought he'd run better than that. I ran a faster, laser timed 40, as a freshman in high school. Maybe just a bad day. It's not the end all be all.

Jerry Rice didn't run a fast 40, I doubt it was a 4.7 though. I thought he'd run better than that. I ran a faster, laser timed 40, as a freshman in high school. Maybe just a bad day. It's not the end all be all.

When was that?

He'll still have his pro day too so he can run again. Rice a 4.71? Damn, dude never hardly got caught from behind.

Some guys just have a knack for making plays and are productive despite having measurables that leave something to be desired. You aren´t as productive as he was in the Pac 12 by accident. Look at a guy like Danny Woodhead, who´s carved out a niche for himself despite being undersized. Some guys are just productive, make plays and get it done although they´re not as athletic as you´d ideally like them to be.

I think Spruce is pretty athletic, but his straight line speed is clearly not there. Still think he can be a 4th rounder.

Late 90s why? Who really cares, Rice was a little better than me.
Laser Finish was available in the 90s. But still used hand start, so times were better.
Combine uses "electronic start". This has been used at the combine only for 5 or so years. It produces slower times as compared to " laser finish", which may not be too trustworthy either.

Wes Welker ran a 4.65. Austin Collie ran a 4.63. Spruce didn't exactly help himself but he wasn't going to get drafted by someone who really cared a lot about what that number was.

Laser Finish was available in the 90s. But still used hand start, so times were better.
Combine uses "electronic start". This has been used at the combine only for 5 or so years. It produces slower times as compared to " laser finish", which may not be too trustworthy either.
Umm you wore this by your thigh, it wasn't hand started. It doesn't matter, this is about Nelson.

Back