1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Buffs Overcome Sun Devils In Five-Set Win

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 12, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Volleyball

Junior Nikki Lindow posted a career-high 10 blocks to help the CU volleyball team come-from-behind to defeat Arizona State 3-2 (17-25, 17-25, 25-18, 25-21, 15-9) on Friday night in front of a season-best crowd of 3,117 at the Coors Events Center.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

As coach Boyle noted our huge crowd here really carried the Buffs.

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I got in there in the middle of the third set.

Let me just say that volleyball is a magnificent spectator sport. I have never been to a game before, but I was genuinely enjoying watching it, and was totally into it by the end (as was the crowd). I was more engaged with it for those final 3 sets than I have been at any football game over the last year. If you haven't had a chance to go to game, you should. I'm going to try and get up there from time to time going forth I think.... really good stuff.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Ya good idea tying madness to the vball game. I think this was my first game as well. I could easily see myself going to more games

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I prefer volleyball to women's basketball. I actually enjoyed the matches and will probably go to a game or two every year.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That was a lot of fun. Great sport. And it was a lot of fun seeing how much fight our team has. Those women are easy to cheer for.

7. RK

RK UBL Club Member

I said if there was one positive that came out of tonight it was that the volleyball team probably gained some fans.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

:nod:
    [​IMG]

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

women's volleyball is easily one of my top five spectator sports...maybe number three.

10. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The UH wahine volleyball team gets outstanding TV coverage on the islands. You don't see that kind of love on the mainland.