What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs picked #12 in Pac 12 via ESPN

I just hope to not have the feeling I want to throw up as much this coming season as I did last season.

I like the direction we are headed....it just isn't going to be as quick as many would like...but I DO NOT think we finish last

no way we finish last. We have never finished dead last in our conference. I do not see it happening this year.

Personally I think ASU is going to be real bad, and I have a feeling Utah is going to be our bitch no matter how good either team is. They will struggle to beat us throughout the years in this conference IMO. Just a feeling.

Personally I think ASU is going to be real bad, and I have a feeling Utah is going to be our bitch no matter how good either team is. They will struggle to beat us throughout the years in this conference IMO. Just a feeling.

I think ASU has the best chance of having the wheels fall of this year. Big changes and turnover are underway there.

End of story. I do think we have a much better coaching staff, and last's year's recruiting was a big improvement. It's still a work in progress.

I want to believe, and I think they've done some good things. But from recruiting to coaching, the jury is still out.

ASU is going to suck. No doubt about it.

It seems you are talking about discipline and attitude. I agree, the more disciplined team with the right attitude can beat a team like USC or Oregon, esp if the opponent is having an off day.

I do think the attitude will be better...most of Pigeon's attitude should be gone from the team, though there may be remnants. All the youth will be enculturated with traditional Buff attitude...can-do, hard-hitting swagger.

As far as discipline...I'm not as hopeful. We may do better on assignments and technique, but we were dead last (or first?) in penalties last year. Be very difficult beating even a second tier PAC XII team like Washington or Cal with all those penalties, esp. on the road. I know a few games (like CSU) Embree took off the reigns in regards to penalties, but we have been plagued so long with lack of discipline, esp on the OL, I have trouble having faith it will be better this year. Of course, like everything with this team, no one knows yet. Time will tell...

Then it's up to the coach to make sure that the QB and OL are in sync. It's up to the coach to make sure that the center is making the right line calls. On the road I expect this to happen, especially with the wide-eyed youngins. It definitely has to occur fewer times than last year, but we will still see some growing pains especially at the Coliseum and Autzen. We should NOT see that at home this year. How many times have we gone from 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 12 in the last few years? That needs to stop this season.

Edit: Not to mention that we finally have a coach that's stuck around. That should help. Even if our OL coach ever leaves or gets canned it's up to Embree to make sure that he brings in someone that can implement his schemes and ideas. Hawk tried different offenses with different blocking schemes. Embree has his OL coach and he is responsible for the OL's production now.

Last edited:
Back