What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Upset No. 14 Arizona in Three

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
BOULDER— For the second straight year, the University of Colorado volleyball team shocked nationally ranked Arizona at the Coors Events Center, blanking the Wildcats 3-0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-23) on Sunday afternoon.

This year, the Wildcats came into Boulder with a No. 14 ranking, while last year they were No. 25. This is just the second loss for UA as they are now 14-2 overall, 3-1 in Pac-12 play.

The Buffs improved to 10-6 overall, 2-2 in the conference, with their first win against a ranked opponent this season. This win comes in the middle of a brutal stretch that has the Buffs playing six-straight contest against ranked teams.

Read more...

And looked good doing it. Oh, there were errors, seven service errors and Gabby Simpson hit minus .188, but the attack was strong and the defense was superb. Cierra Simpson doesn't look like her sisters because she is an alien, no human can dig like she did today. Alexis Austin hit .583 with 15 kills and one error on 24 attempts, and added five blocks. Freshman Anna Pfefferle hit .400 with four kills and no errors on ten attempts, and added six blocks. There are still walking wounded ... Kelsey English comes in primarily to serve, although she stayed on the court long enough to record six digs, and starter Joslyn Hayes is in a boot but might maybe be available in a couple of weeks. We have never seen the team at full strength. I'm kinda new to volleyball, this is only my fourth season following the sport, but I do believe that talk about the lack of success on the court and removal of the coach is premature.

I do know that Liz Kritzka inherited a totally dead team with one good player and she has had to build from the bottom up.

Back