What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs Jayhawks

Cool. This shows that we're not afraid and that Tad and Bohn are doing something to fix our low RPI problem. Definitely a positive!

KU fans haven't really gotten the memo on the change of environment at the Keg. Reading their boards it looks like they're expecting the game to be same ol' CU with the Keg 1/2 to 2/3 Kansas fans. They view it as a nice reward for the western Kansas/Colorado based alumni. Bohn needs to do something to make sure CU fans don't wait too late to purchase the tickets to the game. Even with the games that have been sellouts I've usually been able to get tickets a week or two in advance of the game. CU fans can't wait to do that if we want to keep the Beakers out.

Bohn and Tad being former Jayhawks isn't impossibly something to do with this. i think it's win win for us. we need the OOC boost and better to have an OOC game with a chance to be on real TV than playing Stetson or rpi 300 team X

Bohn and Tad being former Jayhawks isn't impossibly something to do with this. i think it's win win for us. we need the OOC boost and better to have an OOC game with a chance to be on real TV than playing Stetson or rpi 300 team X

This series does keep Tad on KU's radar, should coach Self leave or loose the home and home.

4b2008ca-5806-c690.jpg

Great news, like taking on the big programs, especially the nebraska of bball for CU in Kansas. Beating them is just a little sweeter than the others. Id love for it to be played every year, havent read that article to know if thats the case.

Last edited:
I'd be heavily in favor of playing Nebraska right now. Do it Bohn

In theory I'm all for it, but in reality, no ****ing way! I don't want those **** for brains mouth-breather Coloradoans for Nebraska getting any in state fusker games. Nor do I want their redneck relatives that still live in Nebraska descending on the beautiful state of Colorado like a visit from cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.

In theory I'm all for it, but in reality, no ****ing way! I don't want those **** for brains mouth-breather Coloradoans for Nebraska getting any in state fusker games. Nor do I want their redneck relatives that still live in Nebraska descending on the beautiful state of Colorado like a visit from cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.

This x 1,000,000.

Reading through some of those comments again, I wonder if they would think differently had KU scheduled a home/home with Arizona. I suspect they would. To follow up, i wonder if those same people are aware that we went 2-1 against Arizona last year.

The folks in the Big 12 remember CU as a horrible basketball school. In fairness, it WAS a horrible basketball school.

Reading through some of those comments again, I wonder if they would think differently had KU scheduled a home/home with Arizona. I suspect they would. To follow up, i wonder if those same people are aware that we went 2-1 against Arizona last year.

The folks in the Big 12 remember CU as a horrible basketball school. In fairness, it WAS a horrible basketball school.

Things HAVE changed! That was the Football teams slogan to the trip to Norman in '89. We should make this our slogan again for this game/series.

Things HAVE changed! That was the Football teams slogan to the trip to Norman in '89. We should make this our slogan again for this game/series.

Probably should wait on that slogan, considering we'll be counting on sophmores and true freshman next season, and the game in Lawrence will be the first month of the season. The return trip in Boulder may be a good time for it.

Probably should wait on that slogan, considering we'll be counting on sophmores and true freshman next season, and the game in Lawrence will be the first month of the season. The return trip in Boulder may be a good time for it.

Things have changed.

Or just come up with a new slogan instead of recycling one.:wink2:

I'd feel better about our chances if Withey hadn't come back for KU. A 7 foot shot blocker is not a good matchup for us. They lost a lot of their scoring punch with Taylor and Robinson, but we'll be in trouble if we can't open up the court with transition points and outside shooting.

is it confirmed to be a road game in larry town this year?

Not by CU.

Speaking of "Larry" and the KU connection, I wouldn't mind seeing a home-and-home with SMU. We'd get that Big East RPI bump and be able to hit our Texas recruiting grounds.

Things have changed.

We got hot at the right time in the tourney of a mediocre conference. The same conference where we played average at best during the season and could only manage 6th place. If still in the Big 12 we'd have finished lower than that. The only 'things' that changed was the talent level we played in-conference.

I'd feel better about our chances if Withey hadn't come back for KU. A 7 foot shot blocker is not a good matchup for us. They lost a lot of their scoring punch with Taylor and Robinson, but we'll be in trouble if we can't open up the court with transition points and outside shooting.

:nod: Yup. More importantly, half our roster will barely have their feet wet by the time we roll in to Lawrence. Probably be in trouble anyway. Upside is it'll be good experience playing in front of a hostile atmosphere like that, something we don't do much in the OOC.

We got hot at the right time in the tourney of a mediocre conference. The same conference where we played average at best during the season and could only manage 6th place. If still in the Big 12 we'd have finished lower than that. The only 'things' that changed was the talent level we played in-conference.

behind who? KU, MU, Baylor, KSU (maybe) and ISU (maybe). I don't see us finishing lower than 6th in the Big 12 last year, and possibly higher.

The Oregon road trip was the difference between 3rd and 6th, but it all worked out in the end because we won the 4 in a row that MATTERED

Not by CU.

Speaking of "Larry" and the KU connection, I wouldn't mind seeing a home-and-home with SMU. We'd get that Big East RPI bump and be able to hit our Texas recruiting grounds.

:stupid: Helluva idea.

I would love, to see a double hitter, with the womens basketball team as well. :) That would make my day!!!!

Back