What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs Jayhawks

behind who? KU, MU, Baylor, KSU (maybe) and ISU (maybe). I don't see us finishing lower than 6th in the Big 12 last year, and possibly higher.

Texas and Oklahoma State probably finish ahead of us as well.

Taking NOTHING away from last season, but we got hot at the right time. Call it luck, call it coaching, whatever. The simple fact is that the team lost at home to Wyoming. It got bitchslapped by Stanford twice. Oregon State took us to the woodshed. We barely beat Air Force and -- honestly -- could have lost to both Texas Southern and Cal State - Bakersfield the way we played those games.

Texas and Oklahoma State probably finish ahead of us as well.

Taking NOTHING away from last season, but we got hot at the right time. Call it luck, call it coaching, whatever. The simple fact is that the team lost at home to Wyoming. It got bitchslapped by Stanford twice. Oregon State took us to the woodshed. We barely beat Air Force and -- honestly -- could have lost to both Texas Southern and Cal State - Bakersfield the way we played those games.

Didn't play all that great @ASU and @Utah, but got away with it because of how bad those 2 were. Nights off like those don't happen in the Big 12 on the road.

@ the bold: Absolutely!!!! :thumbsup:

We got hot at the right time in the tourney of a mediocre conference. The same conference where we played average at best during the season and could only manage 6th place. If still in the Big 12 we'd have finished lower than that. The only 'things' that changed was the talent level we played in-conference.

I think were talking about different definitions. The program has a new found fan support and a different energy at the Keg than KU fans are used to. It's not gonna be a KU home game in Boulder anymore.

We had some great crowds for KU in the Ricardo days. Harrrrrrry Poooooter! The biggest difference now is our suddenly crazy student section.

I'm sure it's already been said, but we can't have the Keg being filled with Kansas fans. I want it to be like the Arizona game where they had a small section of fans, but we wouldn't let him get going. A great example of that is when they started chanting "Ar-i-zon-a", the student section caught on and chanted "sucks" every time they chanted Arizona.

Either way, this is really awesome and I've been saying for a while that we should do this.

I certainly hope that Bohn and his minions formulate a plan to sell the absolute greatest number of tics for this game to Buff fans. Work on the plan NOW. Make it happen MB.

I certainly hope that Bohn and his minions formulate a plan to sell the absolute greatest number of tics for this game to Buff fans. Work on the plan NOW. Make it happen MB.

He did in the past and it was eroding the KU presence at the Keg during our last few years in the Big 12.

Basically, the AD won't sell single game tickets for that one. If someone wants it, he'll have to buy a multi-game package that includes a couple of our ****tiest games we'd normally only get a few thousand fans for (and the package would be at a premium over the regular ticket price).

He did in the past and it was eroding the KU presence at the Keg during our last few years in the Big 12.

Basically, the AD won't sell single game tickets for that one. If someone wants it, he'll have to buy a multi-game package that includes a couple of our ****tiest games we'd normally only get a few thousand fans for (and the package would be at a premium over the regular ticket price).

Good stuff, Nik. Now, I want MB to take it up another notch. Desired end result would be a filled-to-capacity Keg with at least 95% in Black and Gold.

Call it revenge, or animosity, or whatever. For the few gaysquawk faithful who do find tickets, we need them to discover a new raucous, hostile environment. We owe them that much. Welcome to Boulder ...... Now go home.

Good stuff, Nik. Now, I want MB to take it up another notch. Desired end result would be a filled-to-capacity Keg with at least 95% in Black and Gold.

Call it revenge, or animosity, or whatever. For the few gaysquawk faithful who do find tickets, we need them to discover a new raucous, hostile environment. We owe them that much. Welcome to Boulder ...... Now go home.

it would be disappointing if season ticket holders couldnt buy them as single game

In other scheduling news, Jimmy Wood is tweeting that UCLA will be at the Keg on Saturday, January 12th. So I would expect USC to be here Thursday the 10th.

In other scheduling news, Jimmy Wood is tweeting that UCLA will be at the Keg on Saturday, January 12th. So I would expect USC to be here Thursday the 10th.
MUST KILL. Dammit Goose, I'm excited for basketball season again. Asshole!

I hate myself, but I'm honestly more excited about the upcoming announcement on new facilities and the upcoming basketball season than I am about the upcoming football season. I'm going into the football season with a sense of dread.

I hate myself, but I'm honestly more excited about the upcoming announcement on new facilities and the upcoming basketball season than I am about the upcoming football season. I'm going into the football season with a sense of dread.
as long as I get Sackygate, the season will be a success.

Looks like spring session classes start on Monday, January 14th. That doesn't bode particularly well for student attendance against USC, but hopefully better for UCLA.

Looks like spring session classes start on Monday, January 14th. That doesn't bode particularly well for student attendance against USC, but hopefully better for UCLA.

Honestly, the students were pretty good for Utah and the Washingtons -- and I believe all of those games were before classes started. So we should be ok.

Honestly, the students were pretty good for Utah and the Washingtons -- and I believe all of those games were before classes started. So we should be ok.
I usually made it a point to get into town by the thursday before school started. That weekend was always AWESOME.

I think we were in school for the Washington games

Nope, Alumni band was still in effect. Break was still on during the Washingtons

You're probably right, maybe I'm thinking of another game. Ether way, I was there in the front row and it was ****ing allsome to destroy UW and WSU.

Taddy shares his thoughts on the home and home with KU and what he expects from the fans for the game at the CEC.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_20755316/tad-boyles-goal-cu-buffs-fill-up-coors

Finally something CU sports related to read! Love to read Coach Boyle's attitude - can't wait to host a lot fewer Khawk fans for Pearl Harbor Day 2013! Glad to also see the comment about all the AZ fans that showed up last year. Hopefully both team's fans make big travel plans and find themselves watching from their hotels instead of being able to get tickets.

Finally something CU sports related to read! Love to read Coach Boyle's attitude - can't wait to host a lot fewer Khawk fans for Pearl Harbor Day 2013! Glad to also see the comment about all the AZ fans that showed up last year. Hopefully both team's fans make big travel plans and find themselves watching from their hotels instead of being able to get tickets.

Tad's one of those guys who lives and breathes competitiveness and purpose. True leader. Different personality than Coach Mac, but they're cut from the same cloth as leaders.

Tad's one of those guys who lives and breathes competitiveness and purpose. True leader. Different personality than Coach Mac, but they're cut from the same cloth as leaders.

Very true. I love how competitive he is and that is why the program is turning around so fast. He instills the same competitiveness in his players.

Back