What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs will keep recruiting in Texas despite move to Pac-10

The Buffs have six staff members with some level of responsibility when it comes to recruiting Texas now.

Coach Dan Hawkins has recruited a total of seven players from Texas in his four years in Boulder.

failure2.jpg

They might actually land some decent players out of the state eventually. Of course, there are issues when Denver freaking Johnson is your lead recruiter for a big state.

I don't want to give up on Texas completely, but imo our focus should be almost entirely California, Colorado, and Arizona. Let Ambrose have Texas and Louisiana or something, everyone else hit the Pac 10 area hard.

Recall those propaganda leaflets of Nixon shaking hands with Mao we dropped over North Vietnam? Hawk needs to assemble photos of Pac-10 coeds at the pool and bombard Metroplex high school campuses with such.

I don't want to give up on Texas completely, but imo our focus should be almost entirely California, Colorado, and Arizona. Let Ambrose have Texas and Louisiana or something, everyone else hit the Pac 10 area hard.

I would add Hawaii to CA, CO, and AZ. We should be even more attractive to those kids now that we will be playing west coast games. The recruiting under the current staff has become so hodge podge that it hard to tell what areas are really the focus.

Yeah true, that plus Cabral should really get us in the door with more Hawaiians. If this Pac 12 South division thing is for real, there's just no excuse to not be all over kids in AZ and Socal, though.

Going into OR, WA and UT a little should be easier now too. Those kids will know they can come to CU and still get to go home and play.

It probably hurts a bit. But I don't see much impact when we were only getting a couple prospects a year from Texas anyway. If we win, we'll get more and better recruits from Texas and everywhere else. Losing the connection with the Big 12 South hurts, but the result is that we'll likely recruit more like Neuheisel than Barnett as far as where we get most of our talent.

File this under "duh". Arky and other SEC schools do pretty well in Texas. No reason why we can't... (well, besides hawk).

Is it just me or is Ambrose our best recruiter already? Why not send him into Texas, couldnt hurt the guy had a long career in the league and folks seem to like him.

Recall those propaganda leaflets of Nixon shaking hands with Mao we dropped over North Vietnam? Hawk needs to assemble photos of Pac-10 coeds at the pool and bombard Metroplex high school campuses with such.

"Son, where do you want to spend the next four years? Texas and Oklahoma will be travelling here. (Hand kid pictures of Manhattan and Ames.) We'll be travelling here. (Hand kids pictures of ASU and UCLA co-eds lounging by the pool.)"

Yeah, that might work.... :lol:

There is pussy everywhere, Ambrose might actually be able to pull some folks we have no business getting. I think he should be our top recruiting guy unless we are in Hawaii.

pretty generous use of the word "keep". KU and MU have all made inroads in TX during their "rise" to significance. Kansas v. Boulder? McCarney's 6-7 win ISU teams had a lot of Texas "B" type players.

Back