What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs4Life NIL

RollTad21

Club Member
Club Member
I know this has been discussed, but I figured it is worth its own thread. This seems to be the collective with the most money behind it. The university has been promoting it as well. You can allocate money all the way down to a specific athlete. They have now added a monthly payment option as well.
I'm posting this in the football forum, but obviously this applies to any sport. Donations are tax deductible.

I wonder, if this is something Allbuffs can help support? Maybe increase the membership cost with that increase going towards the NIL?

I know this has been discussed, but I figured it is worth its own thread. This seems to be the collective with the most money behind it. The university has been promoting it as well. You can allocate money all the way down to a specific athlete. They have now added a monthly payment option as well.
I'm posting this in the football forum, but obviously this applies to any sport. Donations are tax deductible.

I wonder, if this is something Allbuffs can help support? Maybe increase the membership cost with that increase going towards the NIL?

I'd be all for an option to donate to NILs or the athletic department through allbuffs but am strongly against making it obligatory for membership.

Need to research, but something seems off with donations to an NIL collective, from private individuals, being tax deductible.

I would like to know how B4L are handling the payouts from the collective to the players. If you donate $100 to the football program, does that sit in their fund and then whatever they have built up get distributed to all the players on the roster once a quarter or soemthing?

I would like to know how B4L are handling the payouts from the collective to the players. If you donate $100 to the football program, does that sit in their fund and then whatever they have built up get distributed to all the players on the roster once a quarter or soemthing?
Do you know what the payout % is? I. Other words, if you donate $100.00, how much gets paid to a player?

Need to research, but something seems off with donations to an NIL collective, from private individuals, being tax deductible.

I was also curious on these. It seems the Buffs4Life assigns these players to a project that "aligns with the Foundations mission" and the funds are distributed immediately after completion.

"To be in compliance with NCAA rules, student-athletes have to earn the NIL money they receive. Once a donation comes into the Collective, we will task the student-athletes with projects that align with the Foundation’s mission of promoting mental health awareness & suicide prevention. Once the student-athlete completes their assignment(s), B4LNILC will distribute the funds through the Buffs NIL Exchange. This process automatically generates a Transaction Report on behalf of the student-athlete, satisfying the state law disclosure requirement. As a 501(c)(3), your donations to the Buffs4Life NIL Collective are tax deductible."

" The Buffs NIL Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry that is designed for businesses, collectives, and individuals wishing to connect with and support CU student-athletes. Registered businesses can search, filter and initiate conversations with our student-athletes to discuss potential NIL activities. Once an NIL deal between a registrant and a student-athlete is complete, the Buffs NIL Exchange automatically produces a no-fee direct payment to the student-athlete as well as a transaction report to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger, as required by Colorado state law. At the end of the year, all transactions within the Buffs NIL Exchange are consolidated into one 1099 Form for tax-reporting purposes for both registrants and student-athletes."

Last edited:
I was also curious on these. It seems the Buffs4Life assigns these players so a project that "aligns with the Foundations mission" and the funds are distributed immediately after completion.

"To be in compliance with NCAA rules, student-athletes have to earn the NIL money they receive. Once a donation comes into the Collective, we will task the student-athletes with projects that align with the Foundation’s mission of promoting mental health awareness & suicide prevention. Once the student-athlete completes their assignment(s), B4LNILC will distribute the funds through the Buffs NIL Exchange. This process automatically generates a Transaction Report on behalf of the student-athlete, satisfying the state law disclosure requirement. As a 501(c)(3), your donations to the Buffs4Life NIL Collective are tax deductible."

" The Buffs NIL Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry that is designed for businesses, collectives, and individuals wishing to connect with and support CU student-athletes. Registered businesses can search, filter and initiate conversations with our student-athletes to discuss potential NIL activities. Once an NIL deal between a registrant and a student-athlete is complete, the Buffs NIL Exchange automatically produces a no-fee direct payment to the student-athlete as well as a transaction report to the INFLCR Verified Compliance Ledger, as required by Colorado state law. At the end of the year, all transactions within the Buffs NIL Exchange are consolidated into one 1099 Form for tax-reporting purposes for both registrants and student-athletes."
nice job, thanks

Well, I'd think, outside of CU being your alma mater which it isn't mine, the fan base would donate at a higher level. The big boosters probably will as well. With me, I've donated in the past but haven't in awhile. Show me wtf I'm donating for. Think everybody knows the answers to that. It isn't just the head coach, that does help though.

Where should I donate to increase my priority points?

200.gif

Typical that this launches after 12/31. The big push on giving is always December before individuals & businesses close the books on a tax year.
There was a big push in December. I made my most significant donation at that time.

Back