What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#BuffsMadness officially announced for October 12th

777 rsvp'd right now. I guess it's a good thing the AD will have 40K+ people to advertise the event to tomorrow night

He is what everybody in the Pac-12 is doing. Looks like there are only 3 true Midnight Madness type of events (ours, Oregon and Washington State). Arizona, Stanford and ASU are having open scrimmages the weekend of Oct 19/20. Utah and USC are having essentially kickoff luncheons. UCLA is having a week of festivities at the end of the month to celebrate the reopening of Pauley Pavilion. And Oregon St, UW and CAL aren't doing anything of note.

Oct 12 events

Oregon will be having its Matt Knight Madness at the conclusion of the Ducks’ 6 PM women’s volleyball contest. If the past and this year’s promo video is any indication, it looks like there will be some snazzy introductions for both the men’s and women’s teams, followed by a slam dunk contest, a scrimmage and perhaps even a little dancing. As only Oregon can do, the Ducks will be raffling away custom Pit Crew Air Jordans and jackets, in addition to giving away t-shirts and autographed basketballs from both Paul Westhead’s and Dana Altman’s squads.

There will be ZZUMania at Bohler Gym for Washington State with activities starting at 9 PM. Included in the festivities are a three-point contest for the women’s team and a scrimmage and dunk contest for Brock Motum and Co. If you’re a current Coug, you have a chance to win $500 for spring semester books; if not, you still have a chance to win a couple of courtside tickets to the Gonzaga game on December 5.

they should give away a pair of courtside seats to some games. That would be a sweet prize

I am so excited for it, but I am disappointed in how it was marketed. I don't know exactly how better to do it, but I mentioned it to some of my buddies to go to it and they didn't realize it was Friday. Needless to say they are going because they love basketball, but there are quite a bit of students out there like my friends who would go but don't even know it is happening.

It looks like we are going to get to see this performed.[video=youtube;w5Yn7kG_2Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Yn7kG_2Ns&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It looks like we are going to get to see this performed.[video=youtube;w5Yn7kG_2Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Yn7kG_2Ns&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I won't be able to watch. I couldn't even finish the video.

They were advertising free entry at 7pm for BuffsMadness, which is when the volleyball game starts actually. I guess no one is paying for the vball game

They were advertising free entry at 7pm for BuffsMadness, which is when the volleyball game starts actually. I guess no one is paying for the vball game

I didn't think they charged for Volleyball... Or was that just free for students? I can't remember.

As a non-student, I can tell you we normally have to pay money for VB tickets...... very reasonable but not free. Tonight is free.

I am so excited for it, but I am disappointed in how it was marketed. I don't know exactly how better to do it, but I mentioned it to some of my buddies to go to it and they didn't realize it was Friday. Needless to say they are going because they love basketball, but there are quite a bit of students out there like my friends who would go but don't even know it is happening.

I would have thought an email blast to the students should have happened.

I would have thought an email blast to the students should have happened.
Me too... we did get an email this week about the happenings athletically, but it was a sub story at the very bottom and covered mostly the football game yesterday. I think an email all about Buff Madness would've been easy and needed. Hopefully we will have a good turnout!

Ralphie is in a pen outside the ticket office.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350094637987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350094637987.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 24
Considering the size of the crowd that is here, and the fact that this was supposed to have started half an hour ago, my guess is this is the last time we'll be having Buffs Madness. Bummer.

I think I just saw Goose!
original.0

I thought it sucked... they did this exact same thing last year at 4pm... they needed to step it up and they didnt

Which one of you was walking behind Nik and Goose by the Dark Horse?

Thought it was decent but they really need to market it better and do more activities.

Way more basketball next year. And Spencer definitely looks like an NBA player, he looks amazing this year. Bigger, stronger and faster. Talton has insane athleticism. Eli has smarts and our bigs have some talent. Excited for this year.

Back