What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#BuffsMadness officially announced for October 12th

Meh - as a guy who doesn't follow basketball, I thought it was great. Sure, there is plenty to improve upon, but the volleyball game was a blast (Buffs with a big come from behind victory), the three point contest was great, the cheer show was great, and the scrimmages were great.

Crowd was downright pathetic.

Basketball notes:
Kresl was draining 3's
Josh scott had at least 2 blocks
Dinwiddie is bigger and stronger. Him and Roberson made a great tandem
Gordon.... surprised he was taking 3's
Stalzer had a nice stroke

can we not be a dramatic bunch of ****s for once?

CU has a long way to go but they never had this event on their schedule, they had no intention of throwing it, we as the fans forced then to do it - so needless to say this is a work in progress. I will be, it was going to be from the start, but we got the event pulled off and we have a working frame work in place for future seasons to build on; those are great things for us, and a place we've never been before in CU Hoops.

can we not be a dramatic bunch of ****s for once?

CU has a long way to go but they never had this event on their schedule, they had no intention of throwing it, we as the fans forced then to do it - so needless to say this is a work in progress. I will be, it was going to be from the start, but we got the event pulled off and we have a working frame work in place for future seasons to build on; those are great things for us, and a place we've never been before in CU Hoops.

:yeahthat:

I don't see why people can't just enjoy it for what it was

Tad Boyle nixed it for fear of injury, but the players kind of did it anyway in the pregame warmup when they were running layups

Tad Boyle is great. He came up into the student section and shook hands and thanked everyone. We're so lucky to have him

I watched the webcast - it was a little underwhelming (both in terms of crowd and the schedule of events), but I think in general it was a good start - next year, with more advance planning and research, I'm sure they can get more people there and make it more exciting...

Sackfamily was there. Kind of underwhelming if you ask me. Still, we bought our season tickets. It is nice to get excited about a winner for once.

Crowd was downright pathetic.

Basketball notes:
Kresl was draining 3's
Josh scott had at least 2 blocks
Dinwiddie is bigger and stronger. Him and Roberson made a great tandem
Gordon.... surprised he was taking 3's
Stalzer had a nice stroke

I thought that was Jenkins taking the 3 point shots.

I liked some of the ideas and think they missed a shot with others. Liked the idea of putting tags on the seats so it was super easy to buy STs if you wanted to ... they could have done more here and there, especially when they asked Dre about his sis I think it´d have been nice to see them match up against each other for a few quick buckets.

Kreisl had a wicked spin on her shot and a kinda odd jump shot.

I'm trying to watch the recap video posted on cubuffs.com and it isn't loading, though the other videos on there are working fine. Is anybody else having this problem?

Ringo reported 94 new sets of season tickets sold last night, have to figure that is between 220-250 new individual tickets.

Ringo reported 94 new sets of season tickets sold last night, have to figure that is between 220-250 new individual tickets.

They could have done even better if they'd pushed it.

Hell, after watching that volleyball match I bet they could have gotten 100 people to fork over $25 for a season ticket.

They could have done even better if they'd pushed it.

Hell, after watching that volleyball match I bet they could have gotten 100 people to fork over $25 for a season ticket.

Wife and I are going to buy volleyball season tixs. Even if we only go to a few games a year it is an easy way to support CU.

I liked some of the ideas and think they missed a shot with others. Liked the idea of putting tags on the seats so it was super easy to buy STs if you wanted to ... they could have done more here and there, especially when they asked Dre about his sis I think it´d have been nice to see them match up against each other for a few quick buckets.

Kreisl had a wicked spin on her shot and a kinda odd jump shot.
It was set up for Dre and his sister to play a game of horse by the question. That would've been fun to watch but oh well.

It was set up for Dre and his sister to play a game of horse by the question. That would've been fun to watch but oh well.

Yes. This should have happened. So many cool things they could have done, but didn't. I hope they do this better next year, assuming they do it again.

OK, I had family in town this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to do a write-up until right now. First off, my apologies to everyone I missed at the DH. Work exploded in my face on Friday and I wasn't able to get up there until just before 7. This is why I'm taking the Friday of the hope opener off from work. Can't risk it...

First off, the biggest props of the night have to go to the women's volleyball team. I don't know much about volleyball. I rarely watch volleyball. I couldn't tell you the first rule about volleyball. But that was awesome. That was seriously a blast to experience, and had someone asked me right then and there to buy season tickets, the AMEX would have been coming out of my wallet. I will be getting season tickets next year. Even if I only make it to 5 or so games, it's a great value at only $25. Kritza is building a damn good program here, and the ladies are tons of fun to watch. Cannot recommend that enough if you're looking for some entertainment in Boulder.

As for the event, I have to give them credit for getting it organized in such a short period of time. They did a good job of it. Honestly, I thought that they could have done more to generate revenue (more concessions, more people selling tickets, etc.), but the event itself was great. My man-crush on The Mayor is going to reach annoying levels this year, so I apologize for it now. Kid is going to be a star.

For Linda's squad, I'm getting excited. Watching Lexy Kresl nail 3 after 3 gave me hope that she could open things up. All of this year's freshmen look like contributors as well. I had heard that Huggins was going to be a great get for the Buffs and she did nothing to dispell that notion. It also looked like we should have some low post presence this year as well. I'm excited. They're a bubble team with a legit chance of dancing IMO.

Have we ever had both the Mens and Women's teams in the NCAA tournament in the same year?

First off, the biggest props of the night have to go to the women's volleyball team. I don't know much about volleyball. I rarely watch volleyball. I couldn't tell you the first rule about volleyball. But that was awesome. That was seriously a blast to experience, and had someone asked me right then and there to buy season tickets, the AMEX would have been coming out of my wallet. I will be getting season tickets next year. QUOTE]

What goose said!!! Holy moly, walked in after CU VB was down 0-2 sets and they win 3 straight!!! and those girls on the front line have some serious hops!!!! As for men's and women's hoops, I think they both will have an uneven pre conference performance, but hopefully by the time the conference season opens up, they will be more consistant. Clearly both started the first halves w/ erratic shooting and some poor shot selection. for the men's, w/ 6 frosh, it'll be exciting to say the least but comes w/ that territory will be erratic performances(remember the mayor's first 6 games). Now I thought Shane and Jeremy were cleared to practice, but didn't see either in the scrimmages... any word?

Have we ever had both the Mens and Women's teams in the NCAA tournament in the same year?

It's happened twice, in 1997 and 2003. In 1997 the men lost in the second round and the women lost in the sweet 16. In 2003 the men lost in the first round and the women lost in the sweet 16. The women have made a total of 12 NCAAs, starting in 1988, with the last appearance being in 2004. I don't know the early history of the MBB team so I don't know how many other times they made the big dance. Obviously they had the fabulous run last season.

Think the volleyball team used up everything on Friday as they lost to a team they should have beat on Sunday.

I couldn't stay up late enough for the Buffs Madness. Had to be up at 6:30 AM to head to my parents' house to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. Some things are more important than basketball. :smile: This was one of those things.

Buy the volleyball season tickets. They are so inexpensive and Kritzka is doing a great job with the team.

I hope Kresl can drain the threes in games.

It seems like UCLA is having their own problems with their "Pauley Opening Madness" event. First they wanted to charge students $5 for the event, they have since back peddled on that, but are still excluding alumni and season ticket holders from the event. Bruins Nation is very critical of AD Dan Guerrero, but they do have a point in saying he should be out in front of this event leading the PR efforts. I am not sure we heard a word from Bohn on Buffs Madness did we?

It seems like UCLA is having their own problems with their "Pauley Opening Madness" event. First they wanted to charge students $5 for the event, they have since back peddled on that, but are still excluding alumni and season ticket holders from the event. Bruins Nation is very critical of AD Dan Guerrero, but they do have a point in saying he should be out in front of this event leading the PR efforts. I am not sure we heard a word from Bohn on Buffs Madness did we?

I don't remember, but he was there and dressed exactly like the ushers.

Back