What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bunker mode

Allbuffs never ceases to amaze me.

6-page thread has a recent post that includes both an on-topic opinion... and a closing line about anal beads in context of a story that includes Asian concubines. Yet all responses are on-topic. Nary a mention of anal beads or hott Asian chicks.

And I can't even get you guys to stay on-topic in a recruit profile thread if the guy has a name related to horticulture.

We have officially entered bizarro world.

6-page thread has a recent post that includes both an on-topic opinion... and a closing line about anal beads in context of a story that includes Asian concubines. Yet all responses are on-topic. Nary a mention of anal beads or hott Asian chicks.

And I can't even get you guys to stay on-topic in a recruit profile thread if the guy has a name related to horticulture.

What are "anal beads?"

Bonds-trampoline-122114.gif

Who cares about horticulture?

@Skidmark Read my comments above. Not calling for the firing of the HC during the season (which you and others refer to as 'positivity') alone isn't going to win football games. However it provides an environment in which a HC can be an effective leader and therefore succeed.

I'll bite, I'm all for hot asian chicks with anal beads.

@Skidmark Read my comments above. Not calling for the firing of the HC during the season (which you and others refer to as 'positivity') alone isn't going to win football games. However it provides an environment in which a HC can be an effective leader and therefore succeed.

It's just so hard when people actually care about wins and losses.

You beat it out of us.

Hopefully that will change now that we have the shiniest toys on the block.
No kidding. Whether it takes a couple of years to establish recruiting or not, Mac certainly has no more excuses. He has been given every damned thing a coach could ask for.

$2 million salary, Boulder, Co and the membership in the conference of champions is sufficient.

The stewards of CU aren't meeting minimum expectations. Accountability for poor performance is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.

Wow. That's exactly the opposite of what I'm saying.
"Nothing to lose by keeping MM around another year. We won't lose any fans. We won't lose any revenue."

You're not saying keep Mac because things can't get worse?

$2 million salary, Boulder, Co and the membership in the conference of champions is sufficient.

The stewards of CU aren't meeting minimum expectations. Accountability for poor performance is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.
Huh?

There isn't a person (fan, coach, AD, etc) who doesn't believe a head coach needs to be accountable. We all do! All head coaches understand they are accountable for wins and loses. The AD sets the expectations yearly. There just isn't any reason to call for a coaches head during the season. The team has to believe in their head coach...have absolute trust in him...when they do then they can execute up the potential of the coaching staff. If the coaching potential is clearly lacking then wait until the season is over and make a rational judgement.

There isn't a person (fan, coach, AD, etc) who doesn't believe a head coach needs to be accountable. We all do! All head coaches understand they are accountable for wins and loses. The AD sets the expectations yearly. There just isn't any reason to call for a coaches head during the season. The team has to believe in their head coach...have absolute trust in him...when they do then they can execute up the potential of the coaching staff. If the coaching potential is clearly lacking then wait until the season is over and make a rational judgement.

I understand where you are coming from. Macintyre's performance will be judged on his body of work, which includes the next seven games..

Trust has been the buzz-word this season. The players recognize that they are playing for each other. Some recognize that they are playing for MacIntyre's job.

The thing about trust is that it has to be earned. The players have to trust that the coaches are putting them in a position to succeed. Coaches can lose trust when winnable games like Hawaii are lost due to inadequate preparation, poor clock management, and a shortage of athletic skill.

If you are Aspey or Gehrke, do you trust the coaches are making the right decision by playing Sefo deep into the Nicholl's game, and for the entirety of the ASU game? If you are Bryce Bobo, do you trust Sefo to find you in his progressions after you have been are wide open on several plays?

If you are a fan who has been told that these young men have been growing up right before your eyes, that we have a team made up of experienced upperclassmen who expect to turn close losses into close victories this season, who expect to beat every team we face, then you expect to see performances that match the coach's words. Are we as fans seeing the progress that we have been told is occurring?

Do you trust this coaching staff to win four of the next seven games?

Last edited by a moderator:
The bunker is cramped and stuffy. I think I'll take my chances outside.

When buffzone says fans are unhappy with Sefo, or there is talk about new HC among fans they are referring to these forums. In the internet era these kind of boards ARE the voice of the fans.

Collective positive sentiment by itself isn't going to win football games, but it will create an environment in which a winning program can grow.

So we should all put a picture of the national championship trophy on our dream board while reading "The Secret" and that's going to fix things?

So we should all put a picture of the national championship trophy on our dream board while reading "The Secret" and that's going to fix things?
What?!? You don't already do that? No ****ing wonder we can't win.

It takes a lot of things to have a good football program; players, coaches, ADs, admin, and the fanbase. We have tried changing coaches three times and it hasn't worked. We have had at least two ADs and some differences in admin...so doubtful the main problem is their either. Maybe...just perhaps...we are the bigger part of the problem.

Michigan fans must've been positive AF going through the Hoke era to get rewarded with this season.

What's your tolerance for pain? Who would you hire? Is that person a slam dunk? Would he even accept the job? How long would give him if you saw the exact same results for at least 3 seasons?

Univ Texas is widely accepted to be talent laden when a middling Mack Brown was fired. Charlie Strong was thought to be a very close to zero risk hire. Hows that panning out?

Mack Brown so far seems to be the better coach. Football isn't a computer program or a video game with absolute tolerances or absolute results. Rather its finite collection of human personalities prone to mistakes and ever changing sets of challenges. Change for the sack of change tends to produce results outside of whats desired.

There are reasons to fire MacIntyre and there are reasons to retain. Unless a slam dunk hire comes along Im for staying the course for now because recruiting seems to be improving.

I think blue bloods/entitled fanbases (UT, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, and Notre Dame) are different animals. It takes a certain "it" (the right combination of resume and personality) factor that only guys like Meyer, Harbaugh, and Saban have to build those places up to where their fans think they should be. Strong is a good coach (who I think would do very well at a place like Maryland or Miami), but he doesn't have the resume or the personality to succeed at Texas long term. Thats what will make the USC search fascinating theater-Can they find that type of guy? Some of the names I've heard (Bovada odds)-Bryan Harsin (LOL), Whittingham (I think he knows he's got it really good in SLC-he has an admin that he seems to run all over), Kevin Sumlin would win big out there, Tom Herman/Justin Fuente (neither are big enough names for SC in my opinion-especially Herman having been at Houston for less than a year)

Here's the other question-What or who constitutes a slam dunk hire? Would you consider Justin Fuente a slam dunk-roots in Texas, and he's building a winner in Memphis-thats not him turning one good season in a bad league into a much bigger payday. Tom Herman?

Few at CSU care that much about football and those that do have years-worth of built in, low expectations. CSU has never won a NC nor had a decade where they were a major football power. What is worse for a HC, coming into a decades long terrible program with fans who would be happy with consecutive bowl wins or coming into a (nearly)decades long terrible program who's active fans expect a rise to national prominence? Ask MM if it was easier at SJSU or CU.

CU is not going to get a major name coach who can just turn things around. Could we get Nick Saban? Never! Could we have even someone like Les Miles? No! Utah got Urban Myer when he was starting out...could they get him now? No! Could CU get UM? NO! We have to look for good up and coming coaches...like MM.

If you must insist on constantly rolling over the coaching staff I heard Steve Sarkisian was pretty cheap ???

There are "good up and coming coaches", sure, but I think you misconstrue what they are. Sparkles was a good up and coming coach. When Gary Anderson went to Wisconsin, he was a good up and coming coach. Sonny Dykes was when he left LA Tech for Cal. I'd put Justin Fuente at Memphis in that category.

Then, there are the guys who magically turn the big season(s) into a big payday. You could make that comment about Sparkles. Mike MacIntyre goes here. Tom Herman at Houston would qualify here if he left. When Dave Doeren went to NC State, he was here. I'm not saying these guys can't coach, but they're more of a question mark.

Back