What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones accepts offer to become next CU HC per the Denver Post

I honestly blame Butch Jones for this **** show. If the dude would just make the decision, he wouldn't be dealing with a 24/7 media frenzy.

I think you guys collectively have weak knees. It's only Wednesday. Let the guy leave Cincinatti with some dignity and respect for his players. He is trying to do this the right way. He doesn't owe you anything.

I honestly blame Butch Jones for this **** show. If the dude would just make the decision, he wouldn't be dealing with a 24/7 media frenzy.

Definitely - he turned this into a huge circus. Between his trying not to be seen at CU, the bowl press conference, flying to Charlotte, and now this - he is the one that turned this into a feeding frenzy

Definitely - he turned this into a huge circus. Between his trying not to be seen at CU, the bowl press conference, flying to Charlotte, and now this - he is the one that turned this into a feeding frenzy

I guess sharks shouldn't be blamed for being sharks and this place loves it crises and will create them when there is nothing new with which to pass the time. Hell, I love watching a good feeding frenzy which is probably why I am still reading this crap. It is entertaining!

I think you guys collectively have weak knees. It's only Wednesday. Let the guy leave Cincinatti with some dignity and respect for his players. He is trying to do this the right way. He doesn't owe you anything.

Actually I meant to rep you for this post ... not the other one.

I guess sharks shouldn't be blamed for being sharks and this place loves it crises and will create them when there is nothing new with which to pass the time. Hell, I love watching a good feeding frenzy which is probably why I am still reading this crap. It is entertaining!

There are many culpable parties - of which Butch Jones is one.

I thought you were the one with weak knees, compliments of CU football.

The right way to handle it is to ignore the situation once it has become public? And to lash out at reporters that dare to ask the only question anyone wants to know? Interesting argument.

What the hell is he going to say tonight if there's a press conference tomorrow? Obviously he can't say anything useful tonight or it would negate the press conference...

Flipping what Darth said: If you were the next head coach of CU, why would you hold a news conference in Cincinnati?

If this guy hates the pressure cooker now, he'll really hate it down the road.

Remember how stupid ASU looked last year during their coaching search? Yea, that's us.

I know it's hard not to look at this debacle and blame Bohn and CU, but I really think this has only spiraled into a circus because of the way Butch has handled it. Two press conferences, hiding behind a kitchen cart, a trip to Charlotte, now an interview on local media, and ultimately another press conference tomorrow. This is a case study in how to completely tarnish your brand in two time zones in the matter of 48 hrs. Butch, do yourself a favor -- shut up and stay out of sight until you have something to say about where you're coaching next year. Jeesh.

Some of you ****ers would find fault no matter how this transpired.

This process inescapably conjures images of "we should have paid more attention to the warning signs during the hiring process..." two or three years from now. This absolutely reeks, IMO. We should move on now.

This process inescapably conjures images of "we should have paid more attention to the warning signs during the hiring process..." two or three years from now. This absolutely reeks, IMO. We should move on now.

You may be right about this, but my stronger suspicion tells me he's committed to tying up loose ends, and it's more indicative of commitment to his sense of obligation and people. But I'm also wrong about **** all of the time, so who knows?

Back