What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones-Decision Day #3 Thread

The leak didn't come from CU. It was Jones agent. Don't be surprised if Jones has a new agent soon and the Denver Post is put on the "don't call us, we'll call you" list.

93.7 Confirmed yesterday that the leak DID come from CU and they knew exactly who leaked it.

I debunked this in another thread. Yes, he is supplying Woody with information, but he didn't break the story to Woody, and it would make absolutely no sense that Jones' representation would say the deal was done only to have him back out the next day . . .

Yes, it would, if BJ suddenly had reason to believe he had other options.

I would guess from the sounds of it that DeRuyter wants the job pretty badly. If true this will move fairly quickly after a interview.

He seems the most Hawkins-esque of the group to me. Haven't been particulary excited about him through this process.

He seems the most Hawkins-esque of the group to me. Haven't been particulary excited about him through this process.

At least he has coordinator experience at a big program.

So, we find out shortly for sure? Thank goodness

who cares anymore - see you butch and good luck.... thanks for all the drama dropped in our lap...doubt he will ever see a school willing to give an offer like this...pac12,facilities (a lot), tons of cash....like I said ever!! bring on one of those Cali coaches!!! always had a weird vibe from dramafencesittnbutch anyway

We by far have the most amateur AD in the entire BCS. Complete laughing stock of the nation. Now we are going to have to overpay for an unproven one-year MWC coach.

Please get rid of Bohn and the entire AD staff NOW. I said I would reserve judgment on him until the coaching search was complete - not complete, but now very apparent Bohn yet again can't handle a hire even when he has big money to toss around. What a joke.

^ This. The leak was amateurish enough, but now everyone knows what we're willing to pay.

Deruyter or MacIntyre will not get that kind of offer because they haven't coached as long nor at a "big" school. They will take what CU offers.

So Bohn Effed up again, I'm shocked...

Isn't this what's wrong with Bohn though? It might not cost much, maybe 500k to 1m, but he definitely lost leverage. Coupled with his previous failures, the overwhelming evidence points towards incompetence. I'd be shocked if he didn't fall ass backwards into the PAC-12.

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me. Some little **** that can't keep his mouth shut blabs to the Post and they run a story. Pisses Jones off and he says forget it. Wtf wipe this whole dept clean. And the Denver Post can go **** itself, meddling bunch of hacks. Heads better roll for this. I'm sick of this amateur hour bull****.

This whole things reeks of some sort of A&E or Bravo reality TV bull**** about some spoiled Beverley Hill brat 17 year old trying to decide who she's going to the prom with. If Jones really did dump us because of a leak, then **** him.

@schadjoe
Butch Jones has declined an offer from Colorado, a source close to the coach said

@bkoch
#bearcats Butch Jones has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Colorado job.

I am in awe. Now we at UC wait and go through this again with TN.....

@schadjoe
Butch Jones has declined an offer from Colorado, a source close to the coach said

@bkoch
#bearcats Butch Jones has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Colorado job.

And we all move on, Bearcat. Good luck to you guys...

You have got to be kidding me. Some little **** that can't keep his mouth shut blabs to the Post and they run a story. Pisses Jones off and he says forget it. Wtf wipe this whole dept clean. And the Denver Post can go **** itself, meddling bunch of hacks. Heads better roll for this. I'm sick of this amateur hour bull****.
BJ was playing Bohn. Bohn had no clue. BJ was always looking for a way to use CU. I have been suggesting that possibility since Tuesday. He was just looking for a way to get some more dough out of Cincy, and then posture for a premium gig. Bohn gets out negotiated for about the 400th time...what a joke. I didn't really want Jones, but he would have been a good get. Meanwhile Sonny Dykes is off the board and at Cal.

Here's the news, there is no set up!

13626-15826.gif

@schadjoe

@bkoch

I do feel for Cincy fans being dragged through this drama like this. Hopefully you get into a good conference.

Back