What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones-Decision Day #3 Thread

I feel worse for Cincinnati fans. Really unprofessional how Butch is handling this

Yep. Has he made any proclamations about being the Joe Pa of Cincinnati? All these shenanigans reek of what Ellen would pull.

For the 3rd time, we have confirmations from multiple people that the CU AD was what leaked it. Bienvenu, MileHighSports, and others. It wasn't his agent.

Kind of like the multiple sources that were confirming that Butch had accepted?

So who was it? Rat them out because they need to be fired.

I agree 100% with this. Anyone who can't keep their ****ing mouth shut until the news is public needs to be working someone else.

That said, I don't believe for one second that the leak was what made him say no. He was clearly presented with other opportunities and played CU to get a bigger payday. The leak was just the excuse to say no.

That has nothing to do with the leak yesterday. Nice try though. It's widely known that the agent and Woody Paige have a close relationship. Paige works at the Post. The Post was the one that ran the story. Follow that timeline for yourself. This isn't rocket science.

I'm showing that it's not a slam dunk that Jones' agent leaked this. Woody got his original info from the AD. Woody gets a lot of his info from the AD. If Woody leaked this his reputation would be tarnished, and he'd rather throw the agent connection under the bus than look like a fool.

The only conceivable situation that Jones' agent leaked this is if he was contacted by Tennessee/Wisconsin, and saw that Jones could claim CU as untrustworthy and establish a basis for declining the offer. If they used Woody through this process, his relationship with that agent is dead (because he can't trust his info), so he'd likely out him as the source.

^^^^^ +1. We've wasted enough time on this greedy bastard and his nonsense. Good riddance food cart!

I'm showing that it's not a slam dunk that Jones' agent leaked this. Woody got his original info from the AD. Woody gets a lot of his info from the AD. If Woody leaked this his reputation would be tarnished, and he'd rather throw the agent connection under the bus than look like a fool.

The only conceivable situation that Jones' agent leaked this is if he was contacted by Tennessee/Wisconsin, and saw that Jones could claim CU as untrustworthy and establish a basis for declining the offer. If they used Woody through this process, his relationship with that agent is dead (because he can't trust his info), so he'd likely out him as the source.

Concur.
Please see my last 20 posts on the matter.

If he turns around at goes to Tenn, then I don't know how much you can blame CU here. They threw boatloads of cash at him, put him with his drama for 3 days, only to have him jump at some itsy bitsy leak.

I feel worse for Cincinnati fans. Really unprofessional how Butch is handling this

His whole story of caring for the community and the players is really ringing hollow now. He has shown his colors and I hope TN backdoors him with another hire. That would be comical.

The AD's office has leaked like a sieve for years. Gary Barnett read in the paper that he had been fired because Bohn was so anxious to leak it the night before he told Barnett. One guy has built a career on leaks out of the AD (AZ). I good leader would put a stop to that BS and control things a little bit. Bohn is not a good leader.

The AD's office has leaked like a sieve for years.
After working in a bureaucracy, I'm actually not sure how much of this can be placed at Bohn's feet. It is very possible that the bureaucratic oversight system that is in place is one that allows (or even encourages) leaks, and there really might not be a whole lot that can be done about. The university has been upping "oversight" in the AD for years, and most, if not all, oversight systems are prone to leaks. Some would even say that a propensity to leaks are a feature, not a bug, of the system.

Back