What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

I'm betting Butch's "I'm conflicted" message is spin. I wouldn't be shocked if Bohn and team are helping feed some of that to help him leave Cincinnati on a positive note.

Butch is a good guy, and clearly does not want to upset the Bearcat players. I'm sure that's why he was pissed at the way he was paraded around Purdue. It's like a slap in the face for his current team.

I'm betting Butch's "I'm conflicted" message is spin. I wouldn't be shocked if Bohn and team are helping feed some of that to help him leave Cincinnati on a positive note.

Butch is a good guy, and clearly does not want to upset the Bearcat players. I'm sure that's why he was pissed at the way he was paraded around Purdue. It's like a slap in the face for his current team.

That's what I said about 2 pages ago:)

Unfortunately all the rumours on Twitter confirm that no decision will be announced until tonight now. I am not sure how the hell they pull off the presser for the bowl game with him there if he doesn't even know if he'll be the coach. You'd think they'd postpone the presser.

Not like he won't be bombarded w/ that question and it will dominate the presser. What would his body language be like?

You know who is most unhappy about this recent development?

My boss, that's who.

Sigh...another day without production.

You know who is most unhappy about this recent development?

My boss, that's who.

Sigh...another day without production.

tumblr_m3tv2f7npF1qh1g19o1_500.gif

I've only flown through, but Cincy looks nice from the air. But, man, I'd bet it is oppressive in the summer. I hate humidity.

As my husband said last night, if you base it completely on the place, he'd bet on CU. As a wife/mother myself, I'd hope that his wife saw good things in Boulder. If, as someone posted earlier, the wife is a big part of the decision then you have to look more at the overall CU package. Another thing for the campus, it's in the city and there is no place for UC to expand facilities. CU just might have things that UC can't offer. Oh, and I think the summers can be oppressive, but my kids and I go to Colorado to visit family for the worst weeks! :)

I have just convinced my wife to name our daughter "Butch Jones"

That has to count for something......

Funny, the folks at bearcattalk are putting the exact opposite spin on the 1PM presser as we are:

Tweet from football scoop says that Jones will attend the press conference for the Belk Bowl at 1pm but will not address job status until later on tonight. They're usually a very reliable source.

That makes me believe that he is not going to stay at UC. If he was staying it would be announced at this 1pm press conference.

http://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=7101&page=6

I don't know. He knows CU needs resolution ASAP so that, if he stays, we can move on. Why would he keep us in the lurch if he'd already decided to stay? It could be that he is giving Cincy the opportunity to put one final pitch together, I suppose.

That is true, it is apparent Mike tried real hard but this isn't going to be a easy job to take over. Hopefully Jones says yes!

My two cents aren't worth 2 cents but if he was staying, he would announce it. I think he is coming to Colorado.

I don't know. He knows CU needs resolution ASAP so that, if he stays, we can move on. Why would he keep us in the lurch if he'd already decided to stay? It could be that he is giving Cincy the opportunity to put one final pitch together, I suppose.
or he's already agreed to CU and let them know the decision that he's coming here. Now he's just posturing to let the players know how difficult of a decision this has been, and that he still really cares about them. The only way we **** it up is if some dip**** in the AD leaks it to someone and it becomes public before he's had the chance to play the part.

Your boss is on AllBuffs?

Sorry if the joke was lost. I say I'm not being productive, Spiff comes on and says "same as it ever was", and I indicated that he's my boss. The joke (or not) being that would be something that my boss might say.

Again, apologies to all that had to endure that.

Can someone add a poll to this thread? Or should that be another thread? CU Bound or Staying in Cincy?

The press conference today at 1 is about the Bowl Game. It would be poor form for it to turn into a conference for his job change. My guess is he is weighing all the options and discussing it with his inner circle which may only consist of his wife or maybe others. These are big decisions and I am sure he wants to be comfortable with it.

I mentioned earlier that it is quite possible he has made his decision but trying to time the public announcement. That may mean that Bohn already knows yay or nay

We got a bunch of nervous people on here.

Dont you understand that this coaching hire is a process with many variables? Needs time for everything to be resolved.

It will be interesting to watch what type of activity is going on in Boulder today as well. If they are truly in the dark and they may not get their guy in Jones, you would think that some folks will be reaching out to the next guy on the list and get a back up plan in place quickly. This may be as telling as what we are seeing in Cinci.

The press conference today at 1 is about the Bowl Game. It would be poor form for it to turn into a conference for his job change. My guess is he is weighing all the options and discussing it with his inner circle which may only consist of his wife or maybe others. These are big decisions and I am sure he wants to be comfortable with it.
Bingo. Give the guy some time. Bohn made a great pitch. It is up to Butch now.

Sorry if the joke was lost. I say I'm not being productive, Spiff comes on and says "same as it ever was", and I indicated that he's my boss. The joke (or not) being that would be something that my boss might say.

Again, apologies to all that had to endure that.
Orr'd?

Made it half way to the gym.

Here we go:
Mike Bohn does not know anymore than you or I
CU has not had direct contact with Jones today
Decision is expected today!!!!

Barbara Jones is not a dog! In fact, she is smoking hot!!! Just in case.

Back