What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones

Against bad teams, Cinci has been fine. Against the better teram they've olayed from the BE and MAC this year, they've given up significant numbers. Last year, they were similar. I know that's better than we have been; but, is it worth $5mm+ for the staff per year?

Against bad teams, Cinci has been fine. Against the better teram they've olayed from the BE and MAC this year, they've given up significant numbers. Last year, they were similar. I know that's better than we have been; but, is it worth $5mm+ for the staff per year?

Do you have any examples or just empty statements?

I am way against this hire. BJ hasn't proven anything other than being a good user of Brian Kelly's players in a weak conference. I am highly skeptical, especially since his teams don't typically have VG defenses. I just don't feel like we're getting the right ROI for the huge dough we're going to spend.

All Kelly's guys were gone Jones's first year, he went 4-8 then picked right back up after that and won eight or nine games. Obviously there's no such thing as a sure thing but this guy is as good as anyone CU is going to get. How many other candidates are there for the CU job that have been successful at two other FBS schools?

Do you have any examples or just empty statements?

You're the master if empty statements.

LY gave up 45 to Tennessee, 34 to USF, and 27 to UCONN.
This year, salty against the likes of Delaware and Fordham. Gave up 34 to Louisville and 29 against Toledo.

BJ isn't terrible, but is he a top 20 coach?

This year, salty against the likes of Delaware and Fordham. Gave up 34 to Louisville and 29 against Toledo.

Beats giving up 50-70 points in PAC-12 play.

Like what exactly? Oh and you were way off on your number projections, by the way.

Most points he gave up all year was to #16 Louisville and UConn but also gave up little points to teams like Rutgers and USF this year. It really seems like you are trying to force yourself to point stupid **** out. Does Alabama playing a ****** OOC discount their defense? What about Florida? Or South Carolina? Or Washington? Or Florida State? Or Michigan State? **** I could keep going. Point is, every team plays patsies and don't give up many, if any points and you can't discount one team unless you discount every other team with a good defense.

34 to Loisville was in OT, and would be below their season average (they only scored a 20ish points in their last two games because their starting QB was gimpy).
29 to Toledo was the result of a pick 6 and a return for a touchdown. That is still on Butch, but don't act like the D wasnt good. And Toledo and Louisville were good this year.

I am way against this hire. BJ hasn't proven anything other than being a good user of Brian Kelly's players in a weak conference. I am highly skeptical, especially since his teams don't typically have VG defenses. I just don't feel like we're getting the right ROI for the huge dough we're going to spend.

Minimally, the guaranteed facilities improvements will be a solid ROI - think CU basketball. Signing a coach who's in demand can help get those much needed projects done. Hopefully, we get a winner for a coach in the deal as well.

Like what exactly? Oh and you were way off on your number projections, by the way.

Most points he gave up all year was to #16 Louisville and UConn but also gave up little points to teams like Rutgers and USF this year. It really seems like you are trying to force yourself to point stupid **** out. Does Alabama playing a ****** OOC discount their defense? What about Florida? Or South Carolina? Or Washington? Or Florida State? Or Michigan State? **** I could keep going. Point is, every team plays patsies and don't give up many, if any points and you can't discount one team unless you discount every other team with a good defense.
Creatini'd!

Last year Houston gave up 49 to Southern Miss and 42 to UTEP, and in 2010 with their star quarterback hurt they were a measly 5-7. Everything Kevin Sumlin did in the good years at Houston he did he did with Art Briles players before Briles left for Baylor. So clearly Sumlin was all smoke and mirrors and A&M and get slaughtered in the SEC, right?

Last edited:

What crawled up into your ass and died? Climb on board, or GTFO.

Kyle Ringo tweeters the following
A CU source says Butch Jones flew home without accepting CU's job offer. Might not know his future until late tonight or Tuesday morning.

Eh not putting too much stock into those comments, Ringo hasn't exactly been in the know with this one.

I assume that because this guys reputation is a very classy guy, that he asked for no information to be released until he could go talk to his players.

Is this Butch jones worth 2.5+? Central michigan and the bearcats? Really?

Either bohn didn't sell CU or he's going back to tell the team.

If this is the best guy bohn could get, he's already o for 3 in football hires, especially at 2.5 mil a year.

If this is the best guy bohn could get, he's already o for 3 in football hires, especially at 2.5 mil a year.

Honestly probably best that was seriously considering us.

We're 1-11, not sure what you had in mind, but we weren't luring some SEC top 25 coach or something. We've declined rapidly in appeal over the past decade to the point where outlets have ranked CU as the least appealing job of the 8 BCS programs searching for coaches. Yes, last.

He was going to go back to Cincy no matter what imo. Either to return to coach the bearcats or inform his team.

Back