What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones

Is this Butch jones worth 2.5+? Central michigan and the bearcats? Really?

Either bohn didn't sell CU or he's going back to tell the team.

If this is the best guy bohn could get, he's already o for 3 in football hires, especially at 2.5 mil a year.

dude. This is our last shot.

I'm willing to wait until I anoint this hire as a failure. Jones has done some good things. I expect him to do well here.

Dan LeFevour was quite the player at CMU. I watched the first half of the Cinch-UConn game and saw that they have QBs who can run. I think Jones could make the CU QBs serviceable in his offense. I'm thinking Hirschman is capable but Jones knows Dillon so I'm thinking Dillon has a leg up in that regard.

i just want this guy to take the job, recruit lights out, get us to a bowl game next year, and then start really building things back up from there.

is that unreasonable?

i just want this guy to take the job, recruit lights out, get us to a bowl game next year, and then start really building things back up from there.

is that unreasonable?
no, but the bolded is a complete unknown.

is that unreasonable?

I'll settle for not running a QB sneak on 1st and 10.

no, but the bolded is a complete unknown.

fair point, but the whole ask is a complete unknown. that doesn't mean i want it any less. :lol: bring me a bowl game and a recruiting class worthy of the p12. stat!

Jones is landing in Cincy in about 15 mins. I think we'll have to wait until tomorrow morning for official news.

If this is the best guy bohn could get, he's already o for 3 in football hires, especially at 2.5 mil a year.

Nick Saban called, but he said we would have to wait till he done with the championship game.

What a deal!

I wonder if there is a stipulation in Bohn's contract that if the cost per wins is below Bohn's annual contract, he would get an automatic pay raise? I'm sure he's ready for a better vehicle with dark tinted windows after that 9News crew followed Bohn and Jones.

Butch Jones is not worth 2.75 million per year. Bohnhead is overpaying here. What is the rush, why not do your due diligence and interview more people.

Butch Jones is not worth 2.75 million per year. Bohnhead is overpaying here. What is the rush, why not do your due diligence and interview more people.

NO ONE IS INTERESTED! How many times have we said this. Other coaches must be interested to interview them. The CU job is not appealing to many right now. Jones is a BCS head coach with a proven track record of winning in not prime locations. He may not be worth 2.5 mil but he is a solid hire that I am confident can surround himself with solid coordinators and return us to a respectable level. Will he be great here? IDK and frankly don't care right now. I just want CU to not be a laughing stock.

I don't like it either.

I thought we fulfilled the wishes of the BCA by asking Louisville's Smart if he was interested. Shall we give Norm Chow a call to keep the Polynesian Coaches Association happy as well?

While I agree that it's a slight overpay, it's the going rate for a coach these days. I personally would've been open to a coordinator myself, but I don't get paid to hire coaches. Bohn wanted a current HC and I'm not sure there's anyone more proven than Jones in that regard.

Four wins next year would be about the best we can hope.

Non-conference has CSU/Central Arkansas/Fresno St.... would be nice to say that we should win those three. Let's say we win 2, lose to Fresno w/ Carr coming back. 2-1. Apparently we have USC/Oregon/Arizona & Cal at home next year (thought that would have been @ Cal since Stanford visited us this year). Obviously USC/Oregon will be tough to win. Not impossible but difficult. Oregon could have a new coach. USC is going to crash land next year with Kiffin on the hot seat. UW wasn't great this year. I think ASU is beatable with a good defense. Utah is beatable. UCLA/Oregon St. look pretty tough at this time. 4-6 winnable games between CSU/CAU/FSU/Cal/ASU/Utah/UW

Back