What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butkus Award Voters

SanDiegoBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Are all listed here. I'm e-mailing them with the statistics... yes, actual STATISTICS, rather than media perceptions and asking them to justify their selection of Laurenitis as the winner, because, really, when it comes down to it, the only real justification was that they are on drugs, or they just didn't bother to look at the candidates.

I encourage all of you to do the same!

http://www.butkusaward.org/ then click on the selection committee link.

When I get home from work tonight I'll work on putting together an e-mail list for all the names.

Are all listed here. I'm e-mailing them with the statistics... yes, actual STATISTICS, rather than media perceptions and asking them to justify their selection of Laurenitis as the winner, because, really, when it comes down to it, the only real justification was that they are on drugs, or they just didn't bother to look at the candidates.

I encourage all of you to do the same!

http://www.butkusaward.org/ then click on the selection committee link.

When I get home from work tonight I'll work on putting together an e-mail list for all the names.

Unf**king believable...it's an outrageous example of the media's inability to sort out anything between the coasts...let me know when you get that email list together...I'm in!!

Last edited:
PM SanDiegoBuff for emails. Not going to post them publicly for a number of reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when can we expect the announcement that the vote was overturned and rightfully given to JD?

I wrote a nasty letter last year on behalf of Mason Crosby but to no avail, the problem with these awards is that they will always take into account a team's record because the people voting on these awards really don't take it seriously. Mason at least has spoken in the end, leading the NFL in points this season.

Except that his percentage is the worst of the top 15. That isn't good.

Lambeau plus distance. He's automatic till the 40-49 range.

edit: well I guess so is everyone else vOv

Last edited:
Not many Big XII guys on that list. Dizon is twice the LB that Lauranitis is and the stats prove it.

I'm sure JD will use it is motivation in Shreveport.

Not many Big XII guys on that list. Dizon is twice the LB that Lauranitis is and the stats prove it.

I'm sure JD will use it is motivation in Shreveport.

Dizon had his best game of the year against you guys. Man was a freek.

Except that his percentage is the worst of the top 15. That isn't good.

That is just like his senior year at CU, though. He has more attempts from 40+ than anybody in the league except Janikowski out in Oakland - and his % is lower than Mason's. Probably not a coincidence... :huh:

Back