What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bzdelik & Buffs Article in ESPN

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Andy Katz wrote a pretty spot-on piece, imo, on the Buffs basketball program and Coach Bzdelik.

Link

"This school has been through some bad situations," Bzdelik said Thursday as he prepared for a team workout. "The football program has gone through some things. We had to build back up the academic integrity, the APR, the competitive spirit. We had to create a culture that would be rock-solid."

I don't believe it's as important, as Katz seems to think, that Bzdelik stays long-term. What I believe is important is that he wins this year, the players stay in the program, the team GPA continues to improve with no ineligibilities or off-court issues, and we break ground on the practice facility. If all that happens, I firmly believe the foundation is strong and the future is bright. A guy like Dunlap could come into that situation and run with it if Bzdelik then left for the NBA.

after the fact, i don't like that other coaches approached Higgins. a Higgins t-fer would have been quite a blow.

after the fact, i don't like that other coaches approached Higgins. a Higgins t-fer would have been quite a blow.

It's actually tampering and a pretty major NCAA violation. The NCAA really needs to clean up some things in MBB. So much of what goes on with AAU teams, prep coaches and agents, etc. has created a culture of cheating that's been around for a long time but only seems to be getting worse.

Back