What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bzdelik calls WF ’dream job’ | By Patrick Ridgell © 2010 Longmont Times-

RSSBot

News Junkie
Calling Wake Forest his "dream job," former Colorado men’s basketball coach Jeff Bzdelik was introduced Wednesday morning as the new coach at Wake Forest.

More...

Bzdelik said he relished the challenge of taking over CU.
"It has very little tradition; the facilities were poor," he said.
"They're in a great place right now."

ie. It was burnt to the ground.

I'm thinking that it might have been ugly behind the scenes between WFU, Buzz, and Bohn. Tensions are probably running high.

Good coach, shady guy. He ****ed AFA over so it's no surprise to me that this played out the way it did.

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman called CU "a very difficult job. Anybody in the country will tell you that. He took over a program with many challenges ... and Colorado should be a contender for an NCAA berth next year."

No one gives a **** what you think about CU, douche. I hope this hire blows up in your face.

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman called CU "a very difficult job. Anybody in the country will tell you that. He took over a program with many challenges ... and Colorado should be a contender for an NCAA berth next year."

No one gives a **** what you think about CU, douche. I hope this hire blows up in your face.

Yeah, I do not think Bohn is going to be sending him Christmas cards anytime soon. Why would you use this outlet to take a shot at a non-rival school?

Things are better than when he got here so Ill give him that. However, there is no reason at all for their AD or Bzz to be running their mouth. CU is a tough job in some ways but it's not like Wake Forest is an easy one. Good luck competing with Duke and Carolina every year lol. All the money and facilities in the world isnt gonna keep those 2 programs from beating Wake's ass year in and year out.

In fairness, I'm sure the quote was in response to a question along the lines of "How do you expect to do better than the guy you are replacing when your record has been so much worse than his over the last three years?"

way to give it up to yourself Jeff. have fun being the #3 hoops school in N. Carolina. if Sidney Lowe didn't suck, possibly #4.

Anyone remember when CSU hired Ritchie McKay, he called it his 'Dream Job,' and then bolted for Oregon State two years later? I'd tell Wake Forest fans to beware, but it sounds like they're already pissed with this hire anyway.

I hate to see Bzdelik leave but I don't hold any ill feelings toward Wellman, he's just doing his job and trying to attract who he feels is the best fit for the job of his new hoops coach. If he didn't take our coach, he probably would've taken someone else's coach. It's just part of the coaching carousel. :huh:

way to give it up to yourself Jeff. have fun being the #3 hoops school in N. Carolina. if Sidney Lowe didn't suck, possibly #4.

They may be #3 on the competitive level, but they're amazingly a distant #4 as far as popularity. If you didn't know any better you'd have no idea that Wake is only an hour down the road given the media coverage, or should I say lack of it. The college sports dynamics around here makes zero sense to me. There's an SEC school 2 hours to the south of here, about the same distance that UNC and NCSU is, yet the SEC is downplayed in a big way. The Charlotte media has a serious inferiority complex.

Back