What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bzdelik may tinker with lineup

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
In an effort to get more size, interior defense and rebounding on the court for Big 12 play, Coach Bzdelik will start tinkering with the lineup. Austin Dufault will switch from Center (5) to Power Forward (4), which really suits his game much better. Taking over at the 5 is most likely going to be Shane Harris-Tunks, according to the article. My guess is that Dwight Thorne is the odd man out, becoming our 6th man.

After working through the kinks of the rotation, I believe our starting lineup will shake out like this by the time Big 12 play begins:

5 - Shane Harris-Tunks
4 - Austin Dufault
3 - Marcus Relphorde
2 - Cory Higgins
1 - Alec Burks

If Shane can step up and make this workable, it would be a huge benefit for the team. Dufault and Relphorde would no longer be playing out of position on offense and defense, which should help both their games on both ends of the court. That probably makes up for any offense they lose with Tunks in the game.

And I also like the idea of pairing Dwight with Nate coming off the bench. Nate needs that steadying, veteran influence and this would mean they'd be paired together in the practice lineup too.

Daily Camera Article

A few bits from the article:

"We have to move Austin over to the four (position) where we can get longer and bigger," Bzdelik said.

But who else is worthy of starting at the five spot?

True freshman Shane Harris-Tunks, a 6-11 Australian with international playing experience, appears to be Bzdelik`s best option at center.

Casey Crawford has never lived up to expectations, Trey Eckloff has been an innocent bystander on the end of the bench based on practice performance, and Trent Beckley hasn`t been healthy since the trip to Maui.

"I feel like I can do better than what I`ve been doing. I think it`s more a matter of finding the confidence to play how I`m more used to playing," Harris-Tunks said. "I think I`ve played pretty well, but I know there`s more I can bring."

Dufault, a 6-9 sophomore, leads the team in rebounding (4.4 rpg) but said he didn`t even play center at tiny Killdeer High School during his prep days in North Dakota.

Marcus Relphorde, a versatile starter who the coaching staff describes as a "point-forward," is third on the team in scoring (9.4) but only shooting 34.1 percent from the field. The 6-7 junior has only grabbed a total of six defensive rebounds in CU`s four losses and could also benefit from having a center like Harris-Tunks battling alongside him more in the paint.

Worth trying before conf play starts. I hope bz keeps the lineup experiment for a few games so they all get used to the change.

I think this is a good move, I can't say I have been impressed with Harris-Tunks yet, but we need to start getting more boards and this can only help. I would like to see both Harris-Tunks and Dufault to post up, but I'm not sure if they have any post-up game.

We've started off hot in both seasons. I'm watching to see how Coach B leads this year's team. Will it be with the same sure hand he used last season?

Last edited:
After working through the kinks of the rotation, I believe our starting lineup will shake out like this by the time Big 12 play begins:

5 - Shane Harris-Tunks
4 - Austin Dufault
3 - Marcus Relphorde
2 - Cory Higgins
1 - Alec Burks

I agree with this lineup .. Thorne hasn't been up to par, and Tomlinson is still too risky a play, good leadership and skills, but needs to level things out before he can be trusted. The list goes on for these players.

Look, CU could also use a little luck here, and have some of these players (Dufault, Ralphorde, Crawford, Thorne, Tomlinson ..".."..") start to turn the corner a bit and match their individual expectations like Higgins and Burks. Those are the ONLY two kids (maybe accept for Knutson) to live up to their level of play.

**- Knutson has developed into a nice 6th man kind of player. He plays hard, is alert on defense, and scores relatively well considering his roll.

Back