What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cabral has a right to be upset

Wait, is there news out there that Cabral is upset? It seems to me he bleeds more black and gold than anyone, and will contiune to do so wherever he ends up, whether its still on the sidelines in Boulder, up in Greeley, or in Timbuktu.

If, as many seem to be suggesting, race was a substantial factor in the hiring decision, then Cabral might not ever had a chance. His color of skin should not have been a factor for not hiring him.

If by "many", you mean "no one", then you're on the right track.

There are people that are pleased an African American was chosen, but nowhere is it being protrayed that it was a driving factor in the search.

If by "many", you mean "no one", then you're on the right track.

There are people that are pleased an African American was chosen, but nowhere is it being protrayed that it was a driving factor in the search.

No where??

Have you not seen the comments by Bill McCartney about wanting a "man of color" or a "brother" to get the CU job? He spent 30 minutes on the radio explaining why the head coach HAD TO BE a black man.

That being said -- the #1 candidates were Bellotti, Miles, etc. So I don't think the people actually doing the hiring thought that they HAD TO hire a black coach.

Cabral himself is a minority, no?

It's true not a lot of people have mustaches.

But is he Polynesian? Wasn't he born in the midwest, grew up in Hawaii?

He does bleed black and gold, which are both colors.

I can't believe that color is a factor in search for a coach. I'm going to assume that we got the most qualified, viable candidate regardless of his color.

Anything else is offensive to me.

But I wouldn't blame Coach Cabral if he was upset. He deserves support from Coach Mac too.

From the one source I have that are personal friends of the Cabrals (this info is dated back to the Iowa State game), Cabral and those close to him never thought him being hired as CU HC was ever much of a possibility.

No where??

Have you not seen the comments by Bill McCartney about wanting a "man of color" or a "brother" to get the CU job? He spent 30 minutes on the radio explaining why the head coach HAD TO BE a black man.

That being said -- the #1 candidates were Bellotti, Miles, etc. So I don't think the people actually doing the hiring thought that they HAD TO hire a black coach.

Mac was driving the search, he wasn't even officially involved in it. I don't think you can use him comments to judge the intent of MB or the search committee. There is nothing there to indicate that they had an agenda of hiring a black coach...

No where??

Didn't realize that the search was framed around Mac's opinion. Like I said, there are people that are pleased is happened (Mac for one) and even believe it SHOULD be a factor, but nowhere is it being said it WAS a factor.

Eidt: This is why I cringed when Mac said things the way he did. People who don't listen to the substance of the comments just hear what they want to and draw their own ridiculous conclusions.

Last edited:
Back