What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal at Colorado - Game Thread

The DBs were pretty average for the most part. Sandersfeld is a liability, as is Polk most of the time.

I wouldn't say inconsistent QB play was a worry today. Hansen had a great game, it was the o line that hurt. Our DBs played well today as well, aside from when Sandersfield whiffed on a ball.

Jesus ****ing hell, did you watch the same game I did? Hansen missed wide open guys NUMEROUS times.

Jesus ****ing hell, did you watch the same game I did? Hansen missed wide open guys NUMEROUS times.
Yes but he also threw for 474 yards and 4 TDs.

Why is Polk still playing? He has zero pursuit skills when the ball is in the air.

The buffs just progressed more in 1 week that I'd have expected them to progress in half a season. They played one of the most entertaining games you'll ever see, shattering numerous school records along the way, against a team with FAR more talent, and ultimately lost out because they first couldn't punch the ball in from 4 yards out, and second fell victim to a semi-flukey 30 yard pass the other way. Other than that, it was a fantastic performance across the board.

You guys are ridiculous. :rolling_eyes:

Hansen had a good game. He also missed several wide open recievers.

As for the PRich play in overtime, the line of scrimmage was the 5, and if he was pushed in the end zone by definition it was past 5 yds, or if the ball was already in the air it was pass interference regardless. Not sure if he got pushed though.

The main thing, though, is that Hansen badly underthrew that ball. That ball has to be thrown to the outside shoulder of the WR, and it wasn't. If it had been its a TD.

If we aren't going to be satisfied until we get a QB who never misses a single open receiver and never makes a bad throw, we're going to be pretty ****ing miserable for a LOOOOOOOOONG time...

The buffs just progressed more in 1 week that I'd have expected them to progress in half a season. They played one of the most entertaining games you'll ever see, shattering numerous school records along the way, against a team with FAR more talent, and ultimately lost out because they first couldn't punch the ball in from 4 yards out, and second fell victim to a semi-flukey 30 yard pass the other way. Other than that, it was a fantastic performance across the board.

You guys are ridiculous. :rolling_eyes:

We ****ing lost. With all due respect, stfu.

If we aren't going to be satisfied until we get a QB who never misses a single open receiver and never makes a bad throw, we're going to be pretty ****ing miserable for a LOOOOOOOOONG time...

I thought he played a good game, but great? No. He missed probably a half dozen passes that he needs to make. PRich also dropped one that Hansen put right in his hands. He just suffers from a serious lack of accuracy sometimes. I also had to factor in that half of his yards were on screens and a PRich 10 yard out that became a 65 yard TD.

I thought he played a good game, but great? No. He missed probably a half dozen passes that he needs to make. PRich also dropped one that Hansen put right in his hands. He just suffers from a serious lack of accuracy sometimes. I also had to factor in that half of his yards were on screens and a PRich 10 yard out that became a 65 yard TD.

He played a good game. And he made some bad throws, as even the best QBs do. He's not a great QB, never will be. But he's also not the suckiest piece of suck that ever sucked, as some here seemed to believe all afternoon.... :rolling_eyes:

Payton Manning completes what, about 70% of his passes. That means that he misses on about 30% and he is considered by most to be one of the most accurate passers in the history of the game.

Hansen was far from perfect but when was the last time a CU QB had anything resembling this good a game. Throw out the stats and look at his effectiveness and he did an excellent job.

This game was lost because the O-line couldn't consistenly create push in the running game, our D especially the corners weren't athletic enough to stop Cal, and the biggest thing is that we didn't make the big plays that would have won the game. When a team is used to losing and has been beaten often enough they start thinking to themselves "How is it going to happen this time?"

Recruiting is huge but the biggest task for the coaches is to change this mental expectation of losing.

He played a good game. And he made some bad throws, as even the best QBs do. He's not a great QB, never will be. But he's also not the suckiest piece of suck that ever sucked, as some here seemed to believe all afternoon.... :rolling_eyes:

He's an average QB and played better than that today. I don't think it was his fault we lost, but he left points on the board by missing some open guys.

I'd say this loss is squarely on the OL and the DBs. I don't want to go 20/20 hindsight on Embree, but that 4th down attempt cost us 3 points, which would have been pretty nice at the end of the day.

He's an average QB and played better than that today. I don't think it was his fault we lost, but he left points on the board by missing some open guys.

I'd say this loss is squarely on the OL and the DBs. I don't want to go 20/20 hindsight on Embree, but that 4th down attempt cost us 3 points, which would have been pretty nice at the end of the day.

Dude sets an all time CU passing record and you're going to blame him? Get off it. Hansen (and PRich) was the reason the game went to OT, not the reason they lost.

Dude sets an all time CU passing record and you're going to blame him? Get off it. Hansen (and PRich) was the reason the game went to OT, not the reason they lost.

I pretty clearly stated that Hansen was not why we lost nor was I blaming him.

Cody set a bunch of passing records too. Like I said before, he had a good game.

Hansen had an OK game, Prich and a long touchdown to Deehan inflated his stats greatly. Hansen was pretty inaccurate imo, lots of overthrows, a few underthrows. Some of those passes were caught but he didn't hit anyone right in the numbers. He did ok, and (finally) scrambled well towards the end, but did not have a great game.

Hansen had an OK game, Prich and a long touchdown to Deehan inflated his stats greatly. Hansen was pretty inaccurate imo, lots of overthrows, a few underthrows. Some of those passes were caught but he didn't hit anyone right in the numbers. He did ok, and (finally) scrambled well towards the end, but did not have a great game.

He had nice touch on the over the shoulder bomb to PRich, and placed another one right over his shoulder that wasn't caught. I'll take this Hansen every game - no one is confusing him with Andrew Luck, but it's refreshing to have a QB that can actually hurt the other team for a change.

He had nice touch on the over the shoulder bomb to PRich, and placed another one right over his shoulder that wasn't caught. I'll take this Hansen every game - no one is confusing him with Andrew Luck, but it's refreshing to have a QB that can actually hurt the other team for a change.

I agree... but lets all know that this is a good performance for him. IMO we'll see worse throughout the year. He's solid, a true Buff, good kid. But not gonna lie that I am looking forward to the days of Wood and/or Dillon

Why not take the easy three points on the first drive of the game. Your d gave you a three and out, your offense moved the ball down the field. Get the damn three points. I understand you want to give your offense some confidence but coming away with nothing, in the end killed us. That three points would have been nice to have at the end of the game. Would have been no overtime.

The kid throws for 474 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int, 57.1 Pct, 158.6 rating and he had an OK game..... I think our fans have went full on retard this year.

Hansen played pretty well. Yeah, his stats were helped immensely by YAC from Richardson, but at least he was hitting him in stride and actually looking to get the ball to him.

What I liked about Hansen today was that he was much more decisive. He got rid of the ball more quickly and even took off running a couple times in the right spots. The next step for him to be a little taller in the pocket. The reason he is not accurate at some of his throws is because he is throwing off his back foot, which he does not have the arm strength to pull off.

I wish someone could help him out and step up at the other WR spot. PRich, Deehan, and Speedy screens cannot be the entire passing offense.

maybe they'll get it going against the sheep. win that one and go from there. there are still opportunities to show some life this season. if nothing else, with effort, good coaching, and hopefully a loud and engaged home crowd, my hope is that CU shows the p12 that they aren't a gimme win, especially at home. being a tough out is the first step to recovery.

The kid throws for 474 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int, 57.1 Pct, 158.6 rating and he had an OK game..... I think our fans have went full on retard this year.

The 57.1 is what makes it OK. Half of those yards came on three plays. A lot from screen passes after that. He missed a few easy throws and slid on a couple of runs a little early. The no turnovers part is excellent. P-Rich was excellent. Tyler needs another WR option to get open for him.

The biggest gripe from last week were the sacks and the underutilization of P-Rich. By all accounts, Cal is supposed to have a good defensive line. Huge improvement there and team deserves some kudos.

I take this game as a step forward. It sucks to have lost, especially the fact that we really lost the game in the first half, just like last week. We need to solve the first half problem of spotting a 10+ point lead. It seems to be a problem of not being able to execute early on, making mistakes, taking penalties, missing blocks, throws, catches, tackles and coverages that seems to get better at the half. We have executed extremely well in the second half in both games.

Starting with the CSU game, we need to come out offensively and defensively from the opening kickoff and play the way we need to and the way we're capable of. This team is more talented than I thought, has a true game-breaker in PRich, and has a defensive line that is much better than I expected. We're not going to compete for the conference title, or even the South title most likely, but we can be a team that surprises people, defends our home turf, and makes a statement that we will be a team to reckon with in the Pac-12 in the coming years.

I really believe this team is capable of that, which is something I don't think I would have said two weeks ago.

Stats don't mean ****, especially when most of those yards were YAC, and they were to a WR who played out of his mind. Hansen hasn't turned the ball over which is huge, and he has been able to get the ball to Prich which is huge... but lets not go out and say he played incredible, he did not.

Zero turnovers in 2 games is impressive
Pretty sure he threw a pick against Havyii. 1 thru two games is pretty good tho. Thats one thing Tyler is doing well is taking care of the ball. He made alot of improvement from week 1 to 2, lets hope it continues this week.

Back