What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal athletics: “Los Angelism Spreading North” and the future of intercollegiate athle

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

I attended a high-minded discussion Thursday with a deep title: “Los Angelism Spreading North: Lessons From The Past About Future Directions for Cal Athletics.” It took place in a packed room in the Bechtel Engineering Building and was led by John Cummins, the former Associate Chancellor and Chief of Staff, and Kirsten Hextrum, a former [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

Jon Wilner

I attended a high-minded discussion Thursday with a deep title: “Los Angelism Spreading North: Lessons From The Past About Future Directions for Cal Athletics.” It took place in a packed room in the Bechtel Engineering Building and was led by John Cummins, the former Associate Chancellor and Chief of Staff, and Kirsten Hextrum, a former [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

it is like looking in a mirror.

LOL! Taking a stand on coaches salaries? Go ahead and take that stand on your own, it worked so well for CU with the imposed recruiting restrictions.

Looks like we have found our true PAC12 rival !!!!! The one school that may have just as much internal/administration-AD conflict as CU. Results on the field reflect the dysfunction within.

It would be nice to see some objective assesment of the philanthropic link between the institution and sports. Cal's baseball program was saved by their donors only after it was on the chopping block to be cut. I wonder if our donor base would step up for facilities if the choice was to fund football privately or cut the sport?!

This is what happens when high minded liberals are allowed any say whatsoever in the business of running a major D-1 university. We're just now figuring out this little tidbit. How long will it take Cal to figure it out?

Reactions: aik
Sacky, I am a whole lot more liberal than you, but I agree here to an extent. But plenty of liberals are pro athletics. There's a certain type of hippie liberal that despises athletics.

But at CU there are a whole lot of conservatives as well preaching that the AD needs to be Fiscally break even or better. I don't agree with that. I think it's the face of the Univ and you should expense it as Marketing/Sales/Advertising.

The biggest conservative I know told me that we absolutely had to replace Hawkins with a former Buff. Had to. I don't attribute bad business decisions to politics nearly as much as I attribute them to STUPIDITY.

This kind of sh*t doesn't happen at Stanford. Or even UCLA, which is part of the same University system that Cal is in. It's the mindset of the people who run the university. Holding a freaking symposium about the future of Cal athletics. What a load of horsesh*t.

This kind of sh*t doesn't happen at Stanford. Or even UCLA, which is part of the same University system that Cal is in. It's the mindset of the people who run the university. Holding a freaking symposium about the future of Cal athletics. What a load of horsesh*t.
I wish it happened at the tree, fUCLA, oregon, the whole P12 except CU....well and all-strippers university, I am not sure they could spell symposium, and I wouldn't want them to strain anything.

I occasionally am preoccupied to learn about Monday Burning. Please tell me more.

Back