What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal/Colorado Game ON for next season

**** that. We are going to get killed.

Hope u guys won't be complaining when we don't go bowling next year.

We may have a new coaching staff, philosophy, attitude, and all that good stuff, but for the most part we're trotting out the same roster that got beat 52-7 in our last Pac 10 road game and gave up 35 unanswered 4th quarter points to a basketball school. This 8-9 win talk is crazy, if we win 7 and get to a bowl game with THIS schedule that would be an incredible turnaround for a first time head coach and I'd be thrilled. If we're 4-1 going into Palo Alto I might start believing 8 is achievable, but this schedule is brutal.

You should have glove slapped her right there

Weird that Cal is going to play one "neutral site" game at Candlestick next year and the other "home" games at AT&T Park.

There are a couple of reasons for that. The major one is that the Giants obviously also use AT&T and have already altered their schedule to allow Cal to play 5 home games at AT&T while Memorial Stadium on campus is being remodeled. Can't add another one.

The other is that after the experience many people had playing at Fresno State the last time Cal played there, it was made clear to the Athletic Department that many (most) would not be returning. (tons of vandalized cars, fights, etc etc) so they scheduled it at a "neutral site" in order to not enter a home and home or home and 2 returns contract.

Great news from a Cal perspective that the game is on for next year. Boulder is the #1 Pac 12 road trip destination IMO. It has the whole package (I saw some Huskies trying to bag on Boulder around recruiting day, but everyone in CA knows Washington is mostly a dreary, rainy existence that does has a few nice days a year for the postcards). But that's why I live in CO now.

It was going to be really hard to host another game on 9/10 due to this (the SF Giants having a home game the weekend of 9/10 and our bye week is before the thursday night game at Oregon... so not viable either) :
http://www.calbears.com/stadiumcam/

Cal had apparently called around to a lot of schools regarding a different road game for 9/10/11, but it would have been hard to come to terms at such a late date, so this might be one of the only examples of a road team holding the home team to a contract.

Last edited:
Great news from a Cal perspective that the game is on for next year. Boulder is the #1 Pac 12 road trip destination IMO. It has the whole package (I saw some Huskies trying to bag on Boulder around recruiting day, but everyone in CA knows Washington is mostly a dreary, rainy existence that does has a few nice days a year for the postcards). But that's why I live in CO now.

It was going to be really hard to host another game on 9/10 due to this:
http://www.calbears.com/stadiumcam/

Cal had apparently called around to a lot of schools regarding a different road game for 9/10/11, but it would have been hard to come to terms at such a late date, so this might be one of the only examples of a road team holding the hold team to a contract.

Wow, I thought you guys were putting in some new seats, cleaning it up, and building a press box or something. After looking at those pictures it looks like they are literally removing all of the concrete from the hole in the ground and rebuilding almost the entire thing.

California is remodeling they're stadium , they have to play else where
Yeah I get that, I just though it was odd to play games in both San Fran stadiums. I think they should have made Candlestick their home next year, not a baseball stadium.

I agree, 7 win talk is crazy. We have 13 games on the schedule, we're winning 13. Then, we'll play Stanford at Folsom, win the first PAC12 trophy, and whip some SEC team's ass for the national championship. We'll be the next team to win the MNC with the nation's hardest schedule.
FACT

If I had to guess I would say that we will kill or permanently injure the cal quartberback in the upcoming game.

:yeahthat: I believe that the chances of a bowl game, if this thread about the Cal game proves to be correct, all but guarantees another losing record. Not that Cal represents a dominant team that Colorado cannot beat, but there are no absolutely no breaks in the 2011schedule.

It sounds like your Athletic Department is aware of this. Evidently the holdup in announcing this game was due to Colorado trying to get get out of the contract.

If I had to guess I would say that we will kill or permanently injure the cal quartberback in the upcoming game.

I agree. The only real question is whether it will be before or after halftime.

Yeah I get that, I just though it was odd to play games in both San Fran stadiums. I think they should have made Candlestick their home next year, not a baseball stadium.

Candlestick is a broken down mess in the most remote ghetto part of San Francisco with nothing around it. AT&T is closer, accessible by BART, ferry, etc, and is one of the nicest stadiums in the country. It's worth the reduced capacity.

So if OSU wins the North and we beat Cal among all of our other conference foes then we'd be the only team in Pac-12 history to defeat everyone in the league in one season.

**** yeah, now OSU just needs to do its part and take care of Stanford and Oregon.

15-0 baby!

Hopefully everyone will be patient with Embree this year, as this team won't go bowling with such a murderer's row schedule.

Hopefully they get lots of television money next year, they are going to need it.

We had an event with Sandy Barbour the Cal AD last night in LA, and she confirmed that as of yesterday this game was finalized. It will be a NON-conference game in Boulder in 2011.

So, anyone other than "Maxer" have any information that this is actually the case ... ?

Candlestick is a broken down mess in the most remote ghetto part of San Francisco with nothing around it. AT&T is closer, accessible by BART, ferry, etc, and is one of the nicest stadiums in the country. It's worth the reduced capacity.

Agree, Candlestick is a complete sh**hole. AT&T is beautiful, but the football configuration means both teams stand on the same sideline which is wierd.

Sweet! Let's play LSU and Alabama too....Someday Bohn will learn that bragging about losing to good teams is lame.

Hopefully everyone will be patient with Embree this year, as this team won't go bowling with such a murderer's row schedule.

Hopefully they get lots of television money next year, they are going to need it.

This program can't afford another losing season next year...

Time to quit crying. The schedule is the schedule. The only way forward is through. We've got our athletes, we've got our coaches. We're playing a tough schedule. Time to focus on the task at hand.

This program can't afford another losing season next year...

Next year might be a losing season, considering this schedule....we can afford it....it will be the following few years that are critical.....either the bitch is turned around, or consider us in the also-ran category for the long haul.

So, anyone other than "Maxer" have any information that this is actually the case ... ?

I'm a Cal fan. I came here before our game with you guys last year and thought this was a decent board and I check in every couple of months.

I was standing 5 feet from our AD when she said this was confirmed. Believe me or don't, I'm sure it will be confirmed shortly.

Looking forward to my trip to Boulder next September.

I'm a Cal fan. I came here before our game with you guys last year and thought this was a decent board and I check in every couple of months.

I was standing 5 feet from our AD when she said this was confirmed. Believe me or don't, I'm sure it will be confirmed shortly.

Looking forward to my trip to Boulder next September.

Did you graduate from CAL, or are you simply a fan? That is a critical question. You see....we have a bunch of dumb-ass Hisker fans on this board who never went to college, but proclaim themselves to be NU fans.....

Back