What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal/Colorado Game ON for next season

I see us pulling off one upset of the big 4 on our schedule (stanford, oregon, ohio state, and SC). We have for the past 5 years been able to get up and play to our full potential at least once against big teams. I think that trend continues for the most part and we pull off an upset. I am hoping though that Embree isn't happy with just one and gets the team fired up to try and win all 4.

I see us pulling off one upset of the big 4 on our schedule (stanford, oregon, ohio state, and SC). We have for the past 5 years been able to get up and play to our full potential at least once against big teams. I think that trend continues for the most part and we pull off an upset. I am hoping though that Embree isn't happy with just one and gets the team fired up to try and win all 4.

We played well against big teams? Which games are you thinking of here?

(Put Oklahoma aside in 2007)

so nothing in 2006
like you said oklahoma in 2007
WVU 2008 (may have been overrated but was ranked)
KU 2009 ( same as above)
UGA 2010 (big game against sec)

so nothing in 2006
like you said oklahoma in 2007
WVU 2008 (may have been overrated but was ranked)
KU 2009 ( same as above)
UGA 2010 (big game against sec)

I will give you WVU, but can we please stop calling the KU and UGA victories big wins? They both finished with losing records, you should expect to beat mediocre teams at home.

I thought the UGA game was a huge win. Once UGA got Green back they started winning.

They were a mediocre football team, all six of their wins last season came against teams which finished with losing records. It was a nice win on national TV, but it is not the type of game I would point to in predicting 2011 success.

They were a mediocre football team, all six of their wins last season came against teams which finished with losing records. It was a nice win on national TV, but it is not the type of game I would point to in predicting 2011 success.

Im not saying that we predict a successful season off of KU and UGA. However at the time, when we played them, they were huge games. Hindsight maybe not so much but the point is that the team woke up and actually played those games. Played to their potential as a team and found ways to win football games rather than lose them.

just to be clear...you are a cal fan living in colorado, right?

welcome to allbuffs.

prepare to take some serious ****.

hopefully you will stick around here...we need your ilk.

Cal alum in Colorado, yep. Also did grad school at CU, but will always root for Cal in a head to head, sorry buffs! I try to get out to a game a folsom and a game at coors every year, but that hasn't always happened... very excited to have Pac 10 teams coming to Boulder, but am also slightly bummed that CU and Cal are now in the same conference.

Anyway, I've been reading Allbuffs for awhile. I try to add something if I can.

Sounds like an endorsement for stub-hub. Not a problem until 2012.

Knowing what you know now, which roadie would you choose for the 2011 season between Stanford, UCLA, Washington and ASU (in late Oct)?

The visitors seats at Cal weren't too bad. I was craving Steve's Korean BBQ just yesterday. Berkeley was a great road trip destination, except for the game, of course. I'm looking forward to see the stadium renovation.

Since the rotation for South vs North is every four years, I'd recommend UW or Stanford next year. UW is rebuilding their stadium after this season - I've never been to a game but have been to Seattle many times and know a lot of UW alumni. They are much more fun than Stanford alum, that's for sure.

There aren't too many hotels around Stanford Stadium and downtown that I recall - maybe a westin or a sheraton. There are a good number of restaurants in PA, a couple of brewpubs, but not that many bars (only two that seemed big enough for gameday crowds are NOLA and the Old Pro). Most people in PA are not Stanford students/alumni (lots of their dorms are more isolated on campus)- definitely a lot of professionals who don't give a damn about stanford football... and it's also close to silicon valley, so the guy to girl ratio is going to be 2:1 no matter what bar you roll to. Which is much better than the 4:1 you get farther south.

But the good is that there are endless tailgating locations. And they have the rare hand stamp in-and-out policy so you can head to the car at halftime. For those not staying in Palo Alto, Caltrain has a special Stanford Stadium stop open only on gamedays - it's actually legal to drink on Caltrain and there are even a couple of bathrooms.

One reason to do Stanford next year is that Andrew Luck stayed in school and they will probably be as excited as football as they every will be. Given that stanford drew ~30k last year against a ranked Arizona team, the stadium might be completely deserted when they suck in the future.

I'd put ASU last on the list. Tempe might be a great place to party, but I'd rather head down to that area for spring training. Especially with the Rockies new facilities.

There are a good number of restaurants in PA, a couple of brewpubs, but not that many bars (only two that seemed big enough for gameday crowds are NOLA and the Old Pro). Most people in PA are not Stanford students/alumni (lots of their dorms are more isolated on campus)- definitely a lot of professionals who don't give a damn about stanford football... and it's also close to silicon valley, so the guy to girl ratio is going to be 2:1 no matter what bar you roll to. Which is much better than the 4:1 you get farther south.

But the good is that there are endless tailgating locations. And they have the rare hand stamp in-and-out policy so you can head to the car at halftime. For those not staying in Palo Alto, Caltrain has a special Stanford Stadium stop open only on gamedays - it's actually legal to drink on Caltrain and there are even a couple of bathrooms.

One reason to do Stanford next year is that Andrew Luck stayed in school and they will probably be as excited as football as they every will be. Given that stanford drew ~30k last year against a ranked Arizona team, the stadium might be completely deserted when they suck in the future.

There will be an allbuffs.com tailgate at Palo Alto next season. Oct 8, if memory serves. We're gonna show those uptight snobs how to throw a proper tailgate.

There will be an allbuffs.com tailgate at Palo Alto next season. Oct 8, if memory serves. We're gonna show those uptight snobs how to throw a proper tailgate.

I'll bring the Pinot Grig!

:thumbsup:

October in Palo Alto is pretty nice. I'm thinking of making jambalaya that day. Pinot Gris doesn't go well with Jambalaya. You need a pale ale.

October in Palo Alto is pretty nice. I'm thinking of making jambalaya that day. Pinot Gris doesn't go well with Jambalaya. You need a pale ale.

sacky any new recipes for sackygates... you gonna try the jambalaya burritos?

I considered jambalaya burritos, but in the end decided it was too weird.

Maybe what I'll do is make the jambalaya and somebody can bring some tortillas along to make their own jambalaya burrito.

Loblaw - you're prolly thinking about the breakfast burritos I made for the ISU game. They were fantastic if I do say so myself.

The game is now on CU's schedule.

PAYBACK TIME!

The term "payback" implies that we'd bend them over, dry, and leave them sobbing with their pants around their ankles. I'd just be happy with a "W".

But would you ever pass up a chance at payback after it was done to you? We don't have the Hawkins problem anymore especially when it comes to coaching.

After I was literally ass-raped? Yes, I would pass up that payback.

But in this case, I would love to destroy Cal. I was simply suggesting I'd be happy with a win in any form.

in the navy, you can sail the seven seas...

in the navy, you can do whatever you please...

in the navy...

in the navy...

That song is misleading and untrue. I checked.

This is exactly true.

There's no way, for instance, that you could just spend three years in downtown Sydney Australia drinking beer on the Navy's dime. It would be especially improbable to follow that unlikely assignment with a couple of years in Hania Crete drinking beer on the Navy's dime. You just can't do whatever you please in the Navy.

This is exactly true.

There's no way, for instance, that you could just spend three years in downtown Sydney Australia drinking beer on the Navy's dime. It would be especially improbable to follow that unlikely assignment with a couple of years in Hania Crete drinking beer on the Navy's dime. You just can't do whatever you please in the Navy.

Enough with the ass raping-navy-foreign beer drinking! **** Cal!

Back