What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal Fans

As I was sitting in 118, I noticed the Cal fans really got off watching Ralphie go by them.

A lot of them stood and cheered for Ralphie. I can't remember really if other opposing fans have done that also. Probably.

We had four Cal grads travel from the Bay area to Boulder for the game and we had a great time. The hosts were friendly. I never really understood Ralphie - had seen the Buffalo on TV - but it did not make that big of an impression. Seeing Ralphie live allowed us to appreciate the speed and power. Thanks for a great game, we are happy to slink off back to Berkeley having stolen a road win. Good luck the rest of the way. Please do beat Stanfurd and $C.

I saw that guy too as he was sitting about 20 rows below me. He was no reflection on the other Cal fans IMO. Just a random douche.

With regards to the fight song being sung during the 9-11 MOS, to their defense I believe they started singing the fight song right before Alan Roach announced that there would be a MOS, and accordingly only the tail end of the fight song carried over into the MOS. Hard to stop the fight song once you get it going.

This thread seems like as good a place as any for my first post here.

First, thanks to all the CU fans who were extremely hospitable and gracious on my first trip to Boulder. What an unbelievable place! I wore my Cal shirt around Pearl St. on Friday and around campus and (of course) at the game on Saturday, and people couldn't have been nicer. I always hear a lot of horror stories at Bear Insider (our main fan site) about bad treatment at away games, but I had a great experience last weekend. I sat in section 107 down low (row 17, IIRC), and the CU fans around us were all very nice. Of course, I probably helped matters by NOT giving any 8 year-old girls a bloody nose. (Sorry to hear about that obnoxious fan.)

Loved seeing Ralphie do her thing...one of the things I love about college football is that it's not completely homogenized (yet). Schools have their own quirky traditions and they hold onto them.

I thought Folsom Field is a great venue...loved that it's right on campus and the atmosphere was terrific. Also, kudos to your student section...I thought they were loud, into the game and spirited.

Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the way. I'll be rooting for you, and may even accompany my CU buddy to the game at Stanford on 10/8 to cheer for you.

This thread seems like as good a place as any for my first post here.

First, thanks to all the CU fans who were extremely hospitable and gracious on my first trip to Boulder. What an unbelievable place! I wore my Cal shirt around Pearl St. on Friday and around campus and (of course) at the game on Saturday, and people couldn't have been nicer. I always hear a lot of horror stories at Bear Insider (our main fan site) about bad treatment at away games, but I had a great experience last weekend. I sat in section 107 down low (row 17, IIRC), and the CU fans around us were all very nice. Of course, I probably helped matters by NOT giving any 8 year-old girls a bloody nose. (Sorry to hear about that obnoxious fan.)

Loved seeing Ralphie do her thing...one of the things I love about college football is that it's not completely homogenized (yet). Schools have their own quirky traditions and they hold onto them.

I thought Folsom Field is a great venue...loved that it's right on campus and the atmosphere was terrific. Also, kudos to your student section...I thought they were loud, into the game and spirited.

Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the way. I'll be rooting for you, and may even accompany my CU buddy to the game at Stanford on 10/8 to cheer for you.

I'm glad you had a great time. Maybe we can meet in the PAC-12 championship game. :lol:

I'm glad you had a great time. Maybe we can meet in the PAC-12 championship game. :lol:

Sure...I'll give you first pick of ASU or Oregon gear...I'll wear the other. (Oops...I just threw up a little in my mouth....)

I hope our former Big 12 brethren don't read this, our reputation will be ruined.

This thread would only enhance CU's reputation. CU getting along with Cal would elicit "birds of a feather" commentary from red neck land.

Two hippy schools getting along, playing hacky sack and passing the bong...no surprise there.

This thread would only enhance CU's reputation. CU getting along with Cal would elicit "birds of a feather" commentary from red neck land.

Two hippy schools getting along, playing hacky sack and passing the bong...no surprise there.

A match grown in heaven. Glad to be in a conference with like minded folks, ASU, UA, UO and U$C excluded of course.

Well, we just can't be classy by cheering for Eastern Middle State Barber College as we are beating them by 50 in a money game. If it turns into a scare for our team we threaten the coaches life and put for sale signs in his yard but that doesn't count against our class in the redneck football book. We also can't be classy by providing extra benefits for our players and recruits but again it doesn't count against us to disparage a recruit going to another school by saying his mom got paid off with a job in the local bank.

Thankfully we are now in the PAC12, please just keep it the PAC 12 for everybody's sake.

Back