What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal PG - Jorge Gutierrez

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Was a 3-year all-state guard at Lincoln HS in Denver, leading Lincoln to a state championship and earning Colorado Mr. Basketball for 2006-07. CU didn't offer.

He went to Findlay Prep in Henderson, NV, where he was named MVP of the national prep school invitational. He was considered by Rivals one of the top 5 guards that remained unsigned after the early period. CU didn't offer.

As a Cal junior this year, Gutierrez has averaged 14.6 ppg and 4.6 apg while earning 1st Team All Pac-10.

We'll see him tonight.

Hmm Reggie Jackson and Jorge Gutierrez or Tomlinson and Sharpe? Thats a real tough decision...

Cant believe we didint even offer either of these guys. Nice to know that Bzdelik can go all the way to Australia and find players but is oblivious to the ones from just down the road.

you could suggest he's to dumb to go to Stanford, that seems to really piss the Cal kids off.

Well, seeing that Cal is rated as the fourth best academic university in the WORLD and stanfurd is fifth in the same poll, I doubt that that clever taunt will be a real factor. What will be is that we were normally just a six-deep team who just lost our starting center (and are playing at altitude). We have no chance in this game, but it will be important for our lesser players to get some experience.

Well, seeing that Cal is rated as the fourth best academic university in the WORLD and stanfurd is fifth in the same poll, I doubt that that clever taunt will be a real factor. What will be is that we were normally just a six-deep team who just lost our starting center (and are playing at altitude). We have no chance in this game, but it will be important for our lesser players to get some experience.
Altitude doesn't affect you indoors that Cal education should have taught you that.

and that is according to what. Not public perception that is for sure

Well, seeing that Cal is rated as the fourth best academic university in the WORLD and stanfurd is fifth in the same poll, I doubt that that clever taunt will be a real factor.
See - it DOES get under their skin!! :gobuffs:

Oh, welcome to the board. :nod:

I saw him against Ralston Valley in the State playoffs. Good player. Too bad he got injured tonight.

Wow. You guys are really smart! :thumbsup:

I hated seeing Guitierrez go down in front of his family.

It would have been more satisfying to beat a Cal team that was at full speed.

When Robison took Jorge out, Cal fell apart. He was money on the pick and roll and a solid outside shooter.

That said, the Buffs played 40 solid minutes, dominated the boards, came out strong after the half, and had quite a few highlight quality dunks. Higgins and Burks were men among boys.

The keg appeared to be mostly full and rocking. The dancing banana and the guy in the Santa Claus outfit added a nice crazy factor on top of the band and rowdy student section.

"Sell Out for Cal-CU game?"

I hated seeing Guitierrez go down in front of his family.

It would have been more satisfying to beat a Cal team that was at full speed.

When Robison took Jorge out, Cal fell apart. He was money on the pick and roll and a solid outside shooter.

That said, the Buffs played 40 solid minutes, dominated the boards, came out strong after the half, and had quite a few highlight quality dunks. Higgins and Burks were men among boys.

The keg appeared to be mostly full and rocking. The dancing banana and the guy in the Santa Claus outfit added a nice crazy factor on top of the band and rowdy student section.

Is it true that kids were given free passage into the arena tonight because it was the start of spring break and attendance would have sucked otherwise? I seem to have seen that somewhere, but it may just have been some bitter Cal fan on our boards somewhere.

In any event, the announcers said that it was a near "sell-out", which I found astounding for a team that was jobbed by the ncaa (IMO) and on a Friday night before the annual week-long exodus to warmer climes.

Can anyone clarify? I think we "bearly" (ha ha) got 3,000 fans in our place the other night, which was disgraceful.

Is it true that kids were given free passage into the arena tonight because it was the start of spring break and attendance would have sucked otherwise? I seem to have seen that somewhere, but it may just have been some bitter Cal fan on our boards somewhere.

In any event, the announcers said that it was a near "sell-out", which I found astounding for a team that was jobbed by the ncaa (IMO) and on a Friday night before the annual week-long exodus to warmer climes.

Can anyone clarify? I think we "bearly" (ha ha) got 3,000 fans in our place the other night, which was disgraceful.

Employees were given 5 dollar tickets.That helped fill up the GA sections.

Students made up less than 20% of the crowd. The report we got was that Tad Boyle comped student tickets as a "thank you".

Official attendance tonight was a little over 7,600 but I've heard from students that they didn't fuss too much about scanning them in since they weren't paying customers. I would have guessed 8.5-9k tonight.

I just hope we can pull over 5k on Tuesday night. Weeknight game with the students on spring break against a non-marquee opponent (Fairfield or Kent State). Gonna be a hard sell to casual fans.

Students made up less than 20% of the crowd. The report we got was that Tad Boyle comped student tickets as a "thank you".

Official attendance tonight was a little over 7,600 but I've heard from students that they didn't fuss too much about scanning them in since they weren't paying customers. I would have guessed 8.5-9k tonight.

I just hope we can pull over 5k on Tuesday night. Weeknight game with the students on spring break against a non-marquee opponent (Fairfield or Kent State). Gonna be a hard sell to casual fans.

I'm gonna try to make it again. 5 dollar seat would help. :lol: I'm poor until payday.

It was a very classy move by head coach Tad Boyle to pay free admission for any student with a season pass.

Where does Boyle get that kind of cash? Did he do well as a stock broker before becoming a basketball coach?
Or is Mike Bohn helping subsidize this offer?

It was a very classy move by head coach Tad Boyle to pay free admission for any student with a season pass.

Where does Boyle get that kind of cash? Did he do well as a stock broker before becoming a basketball coach?

Congratulations to whomever made sure that loyal fans were rewarded and that you did everything to fill your arena.

Our AD, in her infinite wisdom, tried to sell seats at DOUBLE the regular price, didn't guarantee season ticket holders their regular seats, held the best seats back until 2 hours before game time, when you had to walk up to purchase them, and disallowed season ticket holders their regular parking spots, at any price.

The result? People stayed away, including me. It was a fiasco.

Who cares? Butts were in the seats and the Buffs won. 'Nuff said.

Congratulations to whomever made sure that loyal fans were rewarded and that you did everything to fill your arena.

Our AD, in her infinite wisdom, tried to sell seats at DOUBLE the regular price, didn't guarantee season ticket holders their regular seats, held the best seats back until 2 hours before game time, when you had to walk up to purchase them, and disallowed season ticket holders their regular parking spots, at any price.

The result? People stayed away, including me. It was a fiasco.

:wow:

Back