What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CALLAHAN DECLARED ELIGIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

The situation on the OL just got a whole lot better. We have a decent (not great, but decent) front five and have a little depth, too.

Things are starting to come together. Finally.

:woot::gobuffs:

Pancakes are back on the breakfast menu.

While I think this is huge for the Buffs given our question marks at this position, I'd also caution everyone that he's not played any meaningful football at this level and our roster has several guys that were also highly recruited. All signs are that Shane is the real deal and my concerns are unfounded, but I just like to see guys perform before we claim we've been "saved". But I think we have just gotten a big break....

While I think this is huge for the Buffs given our question marks at this position, I'd also caution everyone that he's not played any meaningful football at this level and our roster has several guys that were also highly recruited. All signs are that Shane is the real deal and my concerns are unfounded, but I just like to see guys perform before we claim we've been "saved". But I think we have just gotten a big break....

Right now, it's all eyeball test and seeing if a guy can move. But on Thursday, when the pads go on, we start finding out who can play.

Buzz kill! :sad2:

tumblr_molmp77HeU1qkyj2qo1_400.gif

The biggest thing this does for us may be that it allows us to redshirt Lynott. I know we're all drooling over the idea that he's going to come in here and push for a starting job right away, but our depth along the OL just got a lot better. We have a lot more options now. I suppose it's still possible that Lynott comes in and blows everybody away and takes a starting job, but if he doesn't, we won't be in panic mode.

The biggest thing this does for us may be that it allows us to redshirt Lynott. I know we're all drooling over the idea that he's going to come in here and push for a starting job right away, but our depth along the OL just got a lot better. We have a lot more options now. I suppose it's still possible that Lynott comes in and blows everybody away and takes a starting job, but if he doesn't, we won't be in panic mode.

Also allows mustoe, sully, and irwin to be used as utility guys to keep the starting OL fresh. Our 2 deep looks soooo much better. Letting Lynott and Middlemiss redshirt together next year would be perfect.

If Lynott doesn't redshirt next year, it will be because he's an absolute stud. He'll need to be a lot better than Irwin was as a freshman when he was used instead of redshirted. Or especially Alex Lewis who wasn't redshirted after his gray shirt year because the coaches were so desperate for bodies they even used him at TE.

If Lynott doesn't redshirt next year, it will be because he's an absolute stud. He'll need to be a lot better than Irwin was as a freshman when he was used instead of redshirted. Or especially Alex Lewis who wasn't redshirted after his gray shirt year because the coaches were so desperate for bodies they even used him at TE.

Exactly.

Ideally, we would be in a position where all incoming freshmen OL are redshirted. If we're in a position to redshirt Lynott, it's because we FINALLY have developed some talent and depth there that allows us to put him in when he'll be dominant. If he's dominant from day one, that's great. The nice thing is that we don't need him to be.

We now don't need to rely on freshman....one has to be clearly the best option to play

This year we do. Not on the OL, but elsewhere. Starting in 2015, it will become easier to redshirt. But if our record and recruiting pick up, we'll also be bringing in guys that are more talented than those on the roster. At the top of the mountain, you're bringing in guys who will leave for the draft in 3 years no matter what so you play them as true frosh to get the most out of them (except for OL where they stay for 4 and it still may be better to play them).

HOLY ****! We're going to take state!!!!

But seriously... I can feel our program's momentum picking up. Maybe it's just the pre-season excitement, but maybe JUST MAYBE we're starting to see our program legitimately crawl out of the pit of despair!!! If we make it to a bowl game this year, I may just accept coach Mac as our lord and savior.

Because all that matters is W/L record. As good as it "feels" right now, keep in mind that Mac has only won two games against FBS foes so far. Nothing is guaranteed.

Pretty basic analysis. Yes it's ultimately about wins but there's lots of steps involved.

The steps don't mean s**t if we don't eventually start winning some games. Lots of promising things happening, but a lot of teams look great in the off-season - CSU had won several off-season national championships, just ask them.

Did you guys see that video just released of Callahan? He seems mature beyond his years. He also has a confidence about him. I for one will be shocked if he is not starting on the OL at CSU

[video=youtube;exmSnQaBZyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exmSnQaBZyQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Heaven forbid there's skepticism!

Haha, what he said.

'Tini... What's that called when you do something over and over again and expect different results? Look kiddo, I'm with you. I HOPE CU is really on the path to relevance. But I've been burned before. I can remember a time where there was way more hype for CU after we went to a bowl game and then recruited the #1 RB in the country... Yeah that didn't turn out so well. BUT I'm not giving up. And MAYBE they are going to make it back to prominence with Mac, but we've got a LOOONNNNGGG way to go to be back the level we were 13 years ago. I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic, just very cautiously optimistic. Now calm the **** down and do your homework.

Pretty sure every poster in this thread has expressed optimism, not sure what your point is.
Well it was initially a question

Haha, what he said.

'Tini... What's that called when you do something over and over again and expect different results? Look kiddo, I'm with you. I HOPE CU is really on the path to relevance. But I've been burned before. I can remember a time where there was way more hype for CU after we went to a bowl game and then recruited the #1 RB in the country... Yeah that didn't turn out so well. BUT I'm not giving up. And MAYBE they are going to make it back to prominence with Mac, but we've got a LOOONNNNGGG way to go to be back the level we were 13 years ago. I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic, just very cautiously optimistic. Now calm the **** down and do your homework.

One, quit with the you've been burned before **** or check into a battered women's shelter

Two, quit with the stupid 2008 example as a reason to not get excited. It's played out and was over half a decade ago

Three, GET ****ING EXCITED! :smokin:

Last edited:
Back