What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Callahan to RG

We've got plenty of fast guys for special teams. I want to see them surprised at how fast our coverage teams are.

I remember seeing Oregon the first time in person. Their special teams with their outrageous speed was one thing, but the sprinter stance and the way they converged on the ball... it was a mindset and an attitude that you can tell the team had fully grasped. It was impressive.

Really? I heard a coach or player comment on how he needed to improve in that area. Oh well...we need someone faster than Spence at that position IMO.

Well Embree benched him in 2012 from returns after he bobbled the catch but otherwise I haven't seen it

Well Embree benched him in 2012 from returns after he bobbled the catch but otherwise I haven't seen it

Of course that bobble may have cost us the game. We had all of the momentum going into halftime, being up 14-3 with a few seconds left prior to halftime. He fielded the punt when he was instructed to let it go, and gave CSU the ball where they proceeded to score a gift TD prior to halftime and steal all of the momentum.

Of course that bobble may have cost us the game. We had all of the momentum going into halftime, being up 14-3 with a few seconds left prior to halftime. He fielded the punt when he was instructed to let it go, and gave CSU the ball where they proceeded to score a gift TD prior to halftime and steal all of the momentum.

So in essence, DD helped JE be shown the door. I should thank him. Can you imagine where we would be if they gave JE one more year..or God forbid, TWO?? Current players would be wearing radiation hazmat suits to practice.

No doubt. I believe that was the first time he'd been asked to do that in a game to, but in typical Embree fashion he was stuck in the dog house with him afterwards. Just one of many dumb decisions by him and that staff

No doubt. I believe that was the first time he'd been asked to do that in a game to, but in typical Embree fashion he was stuck in the dog house with him afterwards. Just one of many dumb decisions by him and that staff
That's one of the many things to love about the current staff...they don't crush guys' spirit for making mistakes. They remain 'relentlessly positive'...but they will hear about it if they make the same mistake twice.

How about we just win and stop talking about how it should be a blowout?

This game needs to be a blowout and every year.

To start with if we aren't substantially better than CSU then we are not close to good enough to compete in the PAC, they aren't that good.

Secondly the only way that CSU fans shut up and this series ends is if we make it uncomfortable enough for them not to want to play it. We not only have to win but we have to do so in a manner that their bleating about refs and lucky breaks and the other excuses they can make don't hold water.

The whole "they get up for the Super Bowl" line is a bit played out. CSU is a rival to our players as well, it's not a one way street anymore

They are a rival to our players because our team hasn't been able to compete with anyone else. If we recruit the players we need, they will cease to be a rival and will become more of an annoying little brat that hangs out all the time even though we telling him to piss off.

How about we just win and stop talking about how it should be a blowout?

You are aware this is allbuffs, right? It's kind of a thing we do. You know, we're all fans and stuff. And as a result, we like to talk about, well, the Buffs. And we like to think we're going to kick the living piss out of CSU. I see nothing wrong with predicting a blowout. We should blow them out. Just getting a win is fine, but the result should be an epic ass kicking. Every year.

You are aware this is allbuffs, right? It's kind of a thing we do. You know, we're all fans and stuff. And as a result, we like to talk about, well, the Buffs. And we like to think we're going to kick the living piss out of CSU. I see nothing wrong with predicting a blowout. We should blow them out. Just getting a win is fine, but the result should be an epic ass kicking. Every year.

Keep blowing them out, and the series goes away.

They are a rival to our players because our team hasn't been able to compete with anyone else. If we recruit the players we need, they will cease to be a rival and will become more of an annoying little brat that hangs out all the time even though we telling him to piss off.

Utah?

Not having a rival is also a result from the conference change. I doubt if we were good we wouldn't become bigger rivals with UCLA than they are with USC, or UA and ASU. CSU is the only team we've played a bunch of times when we joined the PAC 12 in recent years. Us being bad has played a good part as we'll.

Really? I heard a coach or player comment on how he needed to improve in that area. Oh well...we need someone faster than Spence at that position IMO.

I assume you meant Spruce.

I agree. Someone needs to do as a baseline what Spruce does: avoid punts hitting the ground (can reverse field position or cause turnovers) and avoid other negative plays (muffs, fumbles and running backward). Also know when to fair catch or get away from a rugby punt bouncing down the field (or pick it up).

If one of our speed guys can be as reliable as Spruce on that stuff, then putting pressure on the other team with the game breaking ability is another advantage to leverage. At the least, it causes a lot more punts out of bounds, short rugby punts and short hang-time punts that can add up to 50 or more yards of field position a game. That can be the difference in a lot of points if you're looking at one fewer 1st down needed to score on your offensive drive or one more 1st down as cushion for your defense.

These are the things that are the game within a game that are often the difference in a couple wins or losses every season.

We blow until proven otherwise. I certainly hope our guys won't take CSU for granted. Seems to me they have more experience than we do. Could be a problem for the opener. I expect it to be a close game and a toss up. I hope I never have to write that again.

We blow until proven otherwise. I certainly hope our guys won't take CSU for granted. Seems to me they have more experience than we do. Could be a problem for the opener. I expect it to be a close game and a toss up. I hope I never have to write that again.

Not according to most everything I've seen. CSU had a senior laden O-line and D-line last year that are now gone. CU has more returning starters.

2013 CSU >> 2014 CSU

People every year overestimate CSU...I don't know why. If there was a year for us to lose to them it was last year.

Last edited:
2013 CSU >> 2014 CSU

People every year overestimate CSU...I don't know why. If there was a year for us to lose to them it was last year.

Most recently?
20100902__20100903_C04_SP03FBCCUBRIEFS~p1.JPG

That **** can happen any game. It is the nature of the matchup.

It's time for a long extended streak of beat downs. Starting with last year.

Back