What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Callahan to RG

As much as we like to diss on them, and as much as they deserve it, they are and always will be dangerous in this game.

They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing us.

Yep. It's one of the many reasons why this game blows for us and should be eliminated from the schedule. All CSU really cares about is winning this game. A successful season beyond is just gravy for them.

The punt catch team is an upgrade from the punt fumble team and the "watch the punt go flying past" team.

Ain't that the truth.

There are a lot of areas where this football team had to strive to achieve competence before it could even think about developing that area as a strength. Punt return has been a particular issue ever since Hawkins decided to run off J-Fly and install Espinoza as a PR1.

Ain't that the truth.

There are a lot of areas where this football team had to strive to achieve competence before it could even think about developing that area as a strength. Punt return has been a particular issue ever since Hawkins decided to run off J-Fly and install Espinoza as a PR1.

J-Fly was ineffective after a game, believe it was UT, where he caught a punt in the endzone, near the goal line and proceeded to just stand there. He then in turn got annihilated by a gunner and once he peeled himself off the turf was trying to get a flag, even though his dumb ass never fair caught it, or took a knee.

J-Fly was ineffective after a game, believe it was UT, where he caught a punt in the endzone, near the goal line and proceeded to just stand there. He then in turn got annihilated by a gunner and once he peeled himself off the turf was trying to get a flag, even though his dumb ass never fair caught it, or took a knee.

It was kstate. He was looking up at the ball and was hit at the knees.

It was kstate. He was looking up at the ball and was hit at the knees.

Hmm I think you and I are thinking of different games. He got hit hard a lot.

The one I am thinking of he caught it near the goal line took a step forward while staying in the endzone and just stood there.

Hmm I think you and I are thinking of different games. He got hit hard a lot.

The one I am thinking of he caught it near the goal line took a step forward while staying in the endzone and just stood there.
that was texas and it was on a kickoff. lore says that a horns fan blew a whistle from the stands and jfly got rocked thinking the play was dead.

Most recently?
20100902__20100903_C04_SP03FBCCUBRIEFS~p1.JPG

That **** can happen any game. It is the nature of the matchup.

That game was so fricen horrible. That was supposed to begin our comeback after Hawk had gone to a bowl against Bama and had a great recruiting class. That CSU team had a great OLine however.

That game was so fricen horrible. That was supposed to begin our comeback after Hawk had gone to a bowl against Bama and had a great recruiting class. That CSU team had a great OLine however.
that was two years after the bama game and great recruiting class, but yes that game ****ing sucked.

that was texas and it was on a kickoff. lore says that a horns fan blew a whistle from the stands and jfly got rocked thinking the play was dead.

Would make sense I suppose, still should have taken a knee regardless.

That was the same game Colt McCoy was whining about someone in the stands having a laser pointer and shining it in his face.

Ain't that the truth.

In '11 we had the fair catch a punt on the 4 yard line team. Brutal.

Clinic'd.

I actually think the QB first down sneak was in 2012. That's the year I think we're all going to look back on as the low point for CU football.

I actually think the QB first down sneak was in 2012. That's the year I think we're all going to look back on as the low point for CU football.

Likely right. The 2012 team was the 1 and only team in the history of Folsom Field to not win a home game in a season.

Would make sense I suppose, still should have taken a knee regardless.

That was the same game Colt McCoy was whining about someone in the stands having a laser pointer and shining it in his face.
Now you're thinking of Okie State in 2008. Zac Robinson/laser pointer game.

Now you're thinking of Okie State in 2008. Zac Robinson/laser pointer game.

One of those damn orange and white games.

I have a hard time remembering teams from the Big XII but I do remember being on the field with those teams and what always stuck was how much larger they were then CU was. Especially UT and OU.

Last edited:
Right which would have been 2011.

2012, but i misread and thought you guys were talking about the 10 wins no excuses year.

We've had it rough. Fielding punts on the 4, QB sneaks on first down, promises of 10 wins only to get steamrolled by CSU in the opening game on our own field.

This is frankly disappointing news. Seems that a move from tackle to guard in college means that the player wasn't performing up to expectations.

I remember that play vividly. I was sitting in the stadium and could not understand what had just happened. It was the first time I just started laughing at the ineptitude of CU football.

Edit: Added the hilarious SBNation article link with the gifs.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/17/3658920/colorado-football-qb-sneak

Last edited:
This is frankly disappointing news. Seems that a move from tackle to guard in college means that the player wasn't performing up to expectations.

Or he is a better guard than tackle? Why is that disappointing? Some players fit and understand different positions better than others.

The way I see it, there is an opportunity here to compose a starting line of our 5 best linemen. For a brand new transfer learning the system the spot at RG will play to his strengths without exposing his greenness like LT would.

I wish I could forget DII and his "player groupings" formations. Sitting in the stands the first game and on a 2nd & 7 the entire CU offense looks like a bunch of 16 year olds at a stop sign running a Chinese fire drill. Mass confusion, 30 seconds and a flag later it was 2nd & 12. Things got worse from there. I wish I could throat punch DII.

I wish I could forget DII and his "player groupings" formations. Sitting in the stands the first game and on a 2nd & 7 the entire CU offense looks like a bunch of 16 year olds at a stop sign running a Chinese fire drill. Mass confusion, 30 seconds and a flag later it was 2nd & 12. Things got worse from there. I wish I could throat punch DII.

Isn't the "player groupings" what earned him the "Juicebox" and "Orange Slice" nicknames. :lol:

Back