What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cameron Wright question

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
since my kid went to RV, I've seen him play in HS. He came from a program where the coach didn't pass much. So he never got good passing game coaching. He has a lot of good tools, but no real experience. So, my question, has anyone seen him do anything and how has he looked? I figure that with a couple of years of good instruction, he may be a sleeper.

since my kid went to RV, I've seen him play in HS. He came from a program where the coach didn't pass much. So he never got good passing game coaching. He has a lot of good tools, but no real experience. So, my question, has anyone seen him do anything and how has he looked? I figure that with a couple of years of good instruction, he may be a sleeper.

I think I read somewhere that walk-ons won't join the team until school starts. So Cameron, Evan Eastburn, that Goldberg fellow, and several others will show up next week.

I think I read somewhere that walk-ons won't join the team until school starts. So Cameron, Evan Eastburn, that Goldberg fellow, and several others will show up next week.

Nope thats incorrect...some walk-ons aren't practicing yet but I've seen video of practice with a lefty QB. Our only lefty QB is Wright

I have seen Wright up at practice and your review that he came from a running offense is correct. He was having trouble throwing a spiral, has little arm strength and is destined for a position change.

I have seen Wright up at practice and your review that he came from a running offense is correct. He was having trouble throwing a spiral, has little arm strength and is destined for a position change.

That is not what I've heard. Plus, I have a hard time buying the arm strength thing.

I saw Goldberg and Wright suited up for the scrimmage. I was watching Wright in warm up, while he was throwing maybe a 10-15 yard ball and it was pretty wobbly, certainly not a tight spiral. The kids an athlete so I suspect a position change is in his future. We have two QB commits coming in next year to add to Cody, Ballenger, Hansen, Black and Wright. That's 5 scholarship QBs (which is the right number) plus Black and Wright if they both stay at QB

I saw Goldberg and Wright suited up for the scrimmage. I was watching Wright in warm up, while he was throwing maybe a 10-15 yard ball and it was pretty wobbly, certainly not a tight spiral. The kids an athlete so I suspect a position change is in his future. We have two QB commits coming in next year to add to Cody, Ballenger, Hansen, Black and Wright. That's 5 scholarship QBs (which is the right number) plus Black and Wright if they both stay at QB

That very well could be. I have no idea what else he played in HS. He may have played LB. Not sure. Like CU needs help there, :lol:.

That very well could be. I have no idea what else he played in HS. He may have played LB. Not sure. Like CU needs help there, :lol:.

I'm going on the depth chart, nothing more. He could be a safety, WR or maybe a FB if he does not stay at QB. He's listed at 6-1 200.

Back