What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can we bring the Wood?

If Embree were still the coach, part of me would be relieved at the news of Webb's injury, but I have enough confidence in Mac to think he's simply going to play the best players - so this just sucks.

Wood has better physical tools than Dillon, much better physical tools than Webb. His issue at Texas and in the past here was the mental/emotional parts of the game. If he is getting those taken care of then we could have a find on our hands. It also wouldn't be close to the first time that a guy has looked bad for his first two or three years in college then had it kick in and become a much better QB.

We should remember that same thing with Dillon. When he was recruited it was known that Dillon was a guy with a high upside but that he would likely require some development. Add this to the shoulder injury and the coaching situation and it isn't a surprise that he hasn't stepped up yet. The important thing to remember is that just because he hasn't stepped up yet doesn't mean it isnt going to happen in the next year.

Of course the above involves a certain amount of kool-aid thinking. Wood could go into panic mode and start launching passes everywhere but where we want them when under game pressure and Dillon never becomes what we thought he could be. Being somewhat of an optimist I would like to think that at least one of them is going to be alright for us given a reasonable chance (which I don't think they had or would have had with the last staff.)

My question is what the hell were the coaches doing with Dillon last year. I'm not sure how he can be as unprepared as it sounds like he is. It sounds like he is going backwards fundamentally. Mac has said several times now that his footwork is leading to poor throws and poor decisions. It seems like footwork would have been the one thing he could work on last year with the surgery. He ought to be a footwork ****ing master.

So Frustrating.

My question is what the hell were the coaches doing with Dillon last year. I'm not sure how he can be as unprepared as it sounds like he is. It sounds like he is going backwards fundamentally. Mac has said several times now that his footwork is leading to poor throws and poor decisions. It seems like footwork would have been the one thing he could work on last year with the surgery. He ought to be a footwork ****ing master.

So Frustrating.

You tell me what the staff was doing last year and we will both know. To me last season it seemed like lots of players, at multiple positions, actually regressed as the season went on.

I can see Dillon being limited in some areas as he was coming off the shoulder injury but it seemed like all the QBs were not getting what they needed to be successful.

Back