What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Carlon Brown

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
Haven't seen much said about him, but how about the past two games for Carlon. He showed leadership and key shooting in the game against the pups, and he took over offensively for us against WSU when we didnt have our traditional weapons working. If we can expect around 20-25 a night from Carlon, that takes a ton of pressure off the rest of the offense. Must say I didnt quite know what to expect from him before this year, but growth from game to game for him has been great, and his senior leadership I think will prove invaluable as we progress this season.

He has grown emensly. It would be great if scouts started looking at him and he gets drafted in the first of second round! That would say something about Taddy.

He has grown emensly. It would be great if scouts started looking at him and he gets drafted in the first of second round! That would say something about Taddy.

I think he has grown immensly in TB's system.... that pass to himself off the backboard was a sick manuever!!! W/ that being said, Carlon has been a stud since his sophmore year at Utah and actually entered the NBA draft his junior year only to withdraw his name at the last minute due to personal reason... he easily would have gone the second round then....For a senior transfer to play w/in the system, and within himself and to produce these type of numbers and all the while before the season even started gain the respect of his teammates and coaches is something to be said of his true character...Go Carlon!!! Go Buffs!!!

It would give recruiting another boost if Carlon were to be drafted. CU with players chosen in consecutive drafts -- not sure that's ever happened.

I'm not sure if it's ever happened either...interesting question. The closest I can think of is Donnie Boyce in the second round of 95 and then in 97, Chauncey. I think you're right though - no two consecutive years with a CU player drafted...however, back in the day when there were dozens or rounds to the draft, maybe...

According to Basketball Reference, it looks like it happened in 1968 & 1969, 1971 & 1972, 1975 & 1976 and 1985 & 1986. But that was back when as Duke mentioned the draft had roughly 300 rounds. In the "modern era" for the draft, we've only had Boyce (1995), Chauncey ('97), Harrison ('05) and Burks ('11) picked.

According to Basketball Reference, it looks like it happened in 1968 & 1969, 1971 & 1972, 1975 & 1976 and 1985 & 1986. But that was back when as Duke mentioned the draft had roughly 300 rounds. In the "modern era" for the draft, we've only had Boyce (1995), Chauncey ('97), Harrison ('05) and Burks ('11) picked.

Excellent research here goose

Coming into the season i had a lot of hope for carlon, after the first part of the season i was meh on him, he did some nice thngs, played good d but nothing special overall. Then the last 3 games he simply turned it on, i didn't think he had this type of game, he is the real deal when he plays with the confidence and aggressiveness we have seen him have in conf play.

I was waiting for this. I knew he had to be our lead scorer if we wanted to win games. Let's hope he keeps it up.

EDIT: Just reread this. Doesn't sound good or right. Whatever. I meant I was waiting for him to step into his role as the leading scorer, because if we relied on other people to pick up the scoring, we would be in trouble.

Last edited:
I was waiting for this. I knew he had to be our lead scorer if we wanted to win games. Let's hope he keeps it up.

EDIT: Just reread this. Doesn't sound good or right. Whatever. I meant I was waiting for him to step into his role as the leading scorer, because if we relied on other people to pick up the scoring, we would be in trouble.

I agree. He needs to be the threat that other teams have to account for -- this should create betters looks/opportunities for other players.

nice goose.... Carlon is the real deal, he's a much smart and stronger player today than he was 2 years ago at Utah and he's matured into a more complete team player and leader.... my money is he will make it into the draft...

My favorite Carlon play from yesterday was his sick full court pass to Dufault. He got the ball on the right side on our end and immediately whipped a perfect pass to Austin on the left side of the key on WSU's side.

Back