What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBB arena rankings (Stadium Journey)

cubuffs85

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/03-28-2014/599/college-basketball-arena-rankings-2014

45. Coors Event Center - Home of the Colorado Buffaloes
  1. 152x115x535_Coors_Event_Center_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NveLlWZ4z3.jpg
    Boulder is a gem of a town, located in the foothills of the majestic Rocky Mountains, it's home to top-notch shopping, world-class dining and the University of Colorado. Certainly, the elevation of 5,440 feet plays a role in sporting contests and it's part of the reason why Buffaloes Basketball enjoys a home-court advantage at the Coors Event Center.

#45 is such an improvement from where that arena once was. Still some major enhancements that can be made to the existing structure that would make it a gem.

Not good enough, dammit!

Yeah, agree with nik. We wouldn't have sniffed the top 200 six years ago.

Parking is free too. The guy went to a heck of a game that game was nuts with the crowd intensity.

The list seems to level the competition a little too much between big and small schools. You can't tell me an 800 seat "arena" deserves to be ranked 15. Constant theme throughout the list.

One thing I have learned is CU fans are very lucky to have free parking. You have to pay at CSU for women's games. At DU, women's games are free at certain lots but you have to tell the parking attendant that is where you are going. Otherwise, you have to pay.

I found out I had to pay to park for a volleyball match when I went to Minnesota to see the Buffs in the NCAA tourney.

I didn't have to pay to see the women play at Illinois. From the setup, it looked like they charge for men's games for parking.

Well, that list is certainly no where near what my list of places I want to see a game. Probably #1 on that list, a Big 5 game at the Palestra.

Back