What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBS Sports 8/14 - Absolute Slap in the Face

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
Hey Guys,

First off let me start by saying, I'm happy to write a post again. I check Allbuffs multiple times a day, but just haven't had anything to add myself as of late. I think its because everyone on here is so damn good at finding the new commitments, football article etc. about our beloved Buffs.

I did find something that absolutely disgusted me this morning. I literally almost threw up all over my bedroom. I am from Hawaii and chose to go CU over many other West Coast schools (UCLA, Oregon, USC, UW). Maybe my mom running track at CU had something to do with it, or maybe it's because I fell in love with the campus and feel. Thats beside the point. What I am getting at is that I am an '11 grad. I have been through the thick and thin with our football team. I've been told Hawkins was our savior and that Embree who bled black and gold would lead us to the promise land only to be let down. I wasn't fortunate enough to be at CU during the glory days, but I can tell you that I haven't missed watching one football game since my Freshman Year. I can't wait to reap the benefits of not being a fair weather fan when our new regime gets us to where we want to be!

So with all this being said, no I am not delusional. I saw CSU crack the Top-25 last year. I know they were "good." Ugh, I absolutely hate saying those words. But, let us not forget they play in the Mountain West, not the PAC 12 South. We also have owned them historically. The Rocky Mountain Show Down is still 62-22-2 in our favor.

That brings me to the article I read about which college football team owns each state. Click Here for Article.

View attachment ALL Buffs.pdf

I know we haven't been as good lately, but we are still Colorado and we own our state!

: shrug :

This happens every 3 years when CSU wins the previous years game.

200.gif

Author is an idiot.

Pays no attention to level of competition. As another example he picked Northern Illinois over Illinios and Northwestern. Yes Northern beat Northwestern last year but if the schools switched schedules how well would Northern do in a season in the B1G.

Almost as lame as mentioning a Sun Belt school Arkansas state as supposively having been better than Arkansas when Arky was down at 4-8.

This is pretty funny. There is no one who would take this article seriously. The CSU talk is used to make it a point how bad we have done recently, not to point out how good CSU is.

This is pretty funny. There is no one who would take this article seriously. The CSU talk is used to make it a point how bad we have done recently, not to point out how good CSU is.

Not sure why Air Force didn't get it. I mean, they beat CSU last year and have been consistently solid for a long while.

The part I find more annoying about that article is right above the Colorado paragraph, is his explanation for picking USC in California:

California: USC -- UCLA and Stanford could both make claims in recent year(s), but only UCLA had a case to hold on to the state in 2015 as the Bruins have tons of talent but suffered a big blow by losing Brett Hundley. USC has an equally talented group with a proven commodity at quarterback in Cody Kessler. Stanford's slid back to third behind the two LA teams in recent years, and while they should be solid again in 2015, there's a gap between the Cardinal and the Trojans.
After three years of control by the Bruins, it's time for USC to reclaim the throne as the kings of Los Angeles and California as a whole. This rivalry looks like it's going to be really good for the foreseeable future, but this season the edge belongs to the Trojans.

The ****er bends over backwards to rationalize not picking UCLA, who whooped USC last year. If he'd watched any games he might realize that losing Brett Hundley might not be that big of a blow.

But for Colorado it's, "Well, CSU won last year, and they were good under the coach that just left, so...".

I just hate to see stuff like this
kSXk7yF.jpg

Last edited:
Bailer owns texas?

Northern Illinois rules Illinois?

Illinois St runs Kentucky? wait. maybe that's louisville

An angry bunny runs some state in the upper midwest?

byu owns utah?

huh

Author is an idiot.

Pays no attention to level of competition.

The most recent history to base his rankings upon would be the 2014 season.

Head-to-Head: CSU 31 - CU 17

Common: CSU 49 - UH 22
CU 21 - UH 12

Common: UU 45 - CSU 10
UU 38 - CU 34

Other P5 Opponents: CSU 24 - BC 21 @BC
CU went 0-9

CU clearly played the harder schedule, but CSU won the head-to-head and went into Boston to beat a bowl team on their home field. Clearly, CU is the historical leader but coming off of last season CSU is the leader until CU can knock them off.

The most recent history to base his rankings upon would be the 2014 season.

Head-to-Head: CSU 31 - CU 17

Common: CSU 49 - UH 22
CU 21 - UH 12

Common: UU 45 - CSU 10
UU 38 - CU 34

Other P5 Opponents: CSU 24 - BC 21 @BC
CU went 0-9

CU clearly played the harder schedule, but CSU won the head-to-head and went into Boston to beat a bowl team on their home field. Clearly, CU is the historical leader but coming off of last season CSU is the leader until CU can knock them off.
Then why are we favored by everyone and every national writer is expecting us to go 4-0?

Meh. Click bate by CBS.

This just becomes more locker room bulletin board material that will fuel the 2015 Buffs to "over achieve" and prove the h8rs wrong.

CU has the P12 exactly where we want them, with each opponent penciling a W now and regretting it later.

Everyone knows CSU trails CU in big structural issues like season ticket sales, facilities, conference affiliation, network exposure, revenue, location, history, future, and so on and so forth.

Glad to have a 2011 grad from Hawaii mixing it up here. This place can use some fresh perspectives.

Then why are we favored by everyone and every national writer is expecting us to go 4-0?

Good point. I was wrong, CU beat CSU last season. CSU lost to BC last season. CU went undefeated in conference play last season. CU went bowling and CSU stayed home last season. WTF?

You know the answer to that. The last time the two teams met on the field CSU won. That's not conjecture, but rather a datum.

Good point. I was wrong, CU beat CSU last season. CSU lost to BC last season. CU went undefeated in conference play last season. CU went bowling and CSU stayed home last season. WTF?

This is your most compelling post to date, regarding why we need a "WTF?" button.

This just becomes more locker room bulletin board material that will fuel the 2015 Buffs to "over achieve" and prove the h8rs wrong.

CU has the P12 exactly where we want them, with each opponent penciling a W now and regretting it later.

Everyone knows CSU trails CU in big structural issues like season ticket sales, facilities, conference affiliation, network exposure, revenue, location, history, future, and so on and so forth.

Glad to have a 2011 grad from Hawaii mixing it up here. This place can use some fresh perspectives.

- CU will over achieve this season because of this CBS article?
- CU has the P12 right where it want's them?
- CU is better than CSU even though CSU won the last game because CU has bigger toys?
- The dude said he was a CU grad, living in HI, not a HI grad.

WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?

Am I the only one who thinks we could use less Hawaiians on the site? These people put pineapple on their pizzas. PINEAPPLE!

Last edited:
- CU will over achieve this season because of this CBS article?
- CU has the P12 right where it want's them?
- CU is better than CSU even though CSU won the last game because CU has bigger toys?
- The dude said he was a CU grad, living in HI, not a HI grad.

WTF?
WTF?
WTF?
WTF?

Bulletin Board material is just an incentive to over achieve. Won't MAKE them do it.
Most of our games this season, our opponent will be looking ahead to the next week. Helps us.
CU is historically better than CSU in pretty much every facet. Ya they won last year. We still own the series 62-22-2.
Correct.

Back