What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBS4: Buffs to join USC/UCLA in division format.

Will the last game be UU every year?

This will probably depend on if the Utes keep playing BYU and want to play them on the last weekend of the season. Theoretically, we could move the CSU game to this same weekend on years where we can opt to play them in Folsom.

I actually wouldn't mind keeping CSU on the schedule if we could move it to the end of the season. I hate playing them week 1.

I will bet it's an eight conf game format. Nine doesn't balance well. With eight you get 4 'n 4 road/home, and it's an easier rotation for the cross division. Since all rivals will be in the same division it would not necessitate a cross-over rivalry game. It's easier to schedule that way and you get four OOC games.

I can also see where they would split the schools that each "pair" from the division plays. For instance, one year the cross-divisional schedule for UCLA & USC: UCLA plays Cal, Oregon State, and Washington, while USC plays Stanford, Oregon, and Washington State.

Same for the Arizona schools, and same for CU/Utah. That way, even if you are in separate divisions, you are still playing a school from each of the other regions.

It will be challenging no doubt, but also exciting to get paired with the Pac's behemoth. With 9 conference games, we'd likely be playing them most years anyways even if they aren't in our exact pod.

Our timing is good though, as the sanctions against USC will likely drop them down a few pegs (or maybe more) over the next few years. UCLA has resources, but is never really a major player.

I wish we were in the non-USC division, but whatever.

The Pac is winnable. There is much more parity here than in many other conferences. Wazzu has been able to rise from the ashes and make two Rose Bowls in the last 15 years. Cal has reversed its fortunes this decade... remember when they were a BCS whipping boy in the 90s? Even OSU has been pretty competitive under Riley.

Methinks that UW is still a sleeping giant, and Sarkisian has them on the road back to dominance.

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

Attachments

• flair..jpg
    flair..jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2
I finally have reason to drive up to husky stadium. I'd rather see them in a division with udub. But that's just so i could see them every other year. This makes more sense geographically.

Outstanding. Now we need a staff that recruit the hell outta So Cal and Arizona. There can be no excuses for us not to be a consistent winner in the near future. None. We caught a lot of breaks in this whole deal.

Back