What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cent Ark

seattlebuff

Anybody notice? They're 2-2, and needed a 75-yard bomb in the final 2 minutes last week to beat an 0-4 Missouri State team 17-14.

Our win, which was in doubt until the few minutes, is looking less impressive by the week.

Anybody notice? They're 2-2, and needed a 75-yard bomb in the final 2 minutes last week to beat an 0-4 Missouri State team 17-14.

Our win, which was in doubt until the few minutes, is looking less impressive by the week.

It wasnt really that impressive anyway. Its an FCS team. We SHOULD beat them year in and year out.

Anyone see where CSU hung with 'Obama until the 4th quarter? That makes our win over them all that more impressive. :huh:

We won. All I really care about.

^^This^^

Last year it would have been a loss.

Coming into the season Cent. Ark was looked at as a better than average FCS team. Some of their performance since we played them can also be blamed on some significant injuries they sustained in their game against us. FCS teams by nature tend not have a lot of depth so losing a few key players can have a big impact on the rest of their seasons.

Either way it didn't end up like Montana State or Sac State. I'm not going to complain about it.

I like to look at it that we messed up their season. They weren't the same after that gut wrenching loss.

We won. All I really care about.

Yep.

Plus, there is the chance that they were sky high thinking they were going to win the most important game of their program's history given how bad Colorado has been. They went into the 4th quarter with a lead and then lost. Could be some serious football hangover after losing their superbowl.

OSU lost to Eastern Washington and needed a pick 6 to beat SDSU... and it had nothing to do with what happened the day they beat us.

We started strong, they adjusted and the game got tight, we re-adjusted and pulled away.

I would be delighted if every game went that way.

It was a very demoralizing loss from their perspective. Not exactly up to date on their injury situation, but if it's not horrendous they'll end up being just fine. They're ranked 14th in FCS this week. Charleston Southern is 35th (10th team receiving votes).

Yep.

Plus, there is the chance that they were sky high thinking they were going to win the most important game of their program's history given how bad Colorado has been. They went into the 4th quarter with a lead and then lost. Could be some serious football hangover after losing their superbowl.

So, you're saying the mental aspect of the game is a key to how teams perform?

So, you're saying the mental aspect of the game is a key to how teams perform?

Can't get to high, can't get to low. Gotta get your horns out every week. Just gotta take care of the little things. Juice box for everyone. Oops, we were just a few gashers away from winning this thing. Gonna win 10 games this year. This ain't intermurals brother.

A yeah, the mental aspect is a key to how teams perform.

Agree on CAU (not as great as we originally). But also why I was wondering why people were digging on Oregon State for losing to a "worse" Eastern Washington team

Back