What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas

I'm most interested in the matchups. I saw someone post that UCA has "tall receivers" but then I saw where their leading receiver last week was only 5'7"? What type of offense does UCA run? It looks like their starting QB only played 1 half last week, and still attempted almost 40 passes. I see the starting RB for UCA is a former Oklahoma recruit. Is there a depth chart somewhere?

Tall:

TE position has Chase Dixon, 6'5" with good hands. T.Hart isn’t as tall but plays well in blocking.
WR is the big position. Dez. Lewis is 6’4” and built inthe same frame as current NFL player Dominique Croom, also of UCA. Long andgreat hands. The guy most of you saw is Jatovious Wilson. 5’9” and 171 lbs. hereminds UCA fans of Jesse Grandy last year. Jesse was a transfer from Ole Missthat was a burner but extremely thin. Wilson has some size on him for afreshman even if he doesn’t weigh much more. Then comes what I call our burners. These two guys have a second gear andsize to go with it. Courtney Whitehead 6’3” and Justin Burdette 6’2”, both FBStransfers are good receivers that make the catches but aren’t flashy in their game like Wilson and Lewis.

On par with us. One of our best last week is a 5'9" guy.
Their line is on par on size with ours in weight. Our guys are taller.
Their RB's are arguably (Rivals Rankings)on par with ours.

If Mac has them ready, we should win. If he doesn't, they will make it a game.

I realize you know nothing about UCA football. Let me enlighten you to our "low academic standards". The football Bears also finished with the highest APR (Academic Progress Rate) in both the Southland Conference and state of Arkansas for the third consecutive year. The Bears posted a score of 960 (of 1000), and are one of just two FCS programs to lead their league for the third straight season. Last year the football team had only a few players NOT graduate. One recruiting coach told me they not only look at a kids talent but his academics are huge too. When you move from division II to division I the NCAA watches to see if academics are being hurt so there was an extra tight reign on that aspect of the team. Just an FYI.

Afternoon Drive: Central Arkansas getting ready for Boulder's elevation By Kyle McCall Buffzone.com
Posted: 09/03/2013 05:20:15 PM MDT

Clint Conque (UCASports.com)1. Thin air
The elevation in Conway, Ark., the home of the Central Arkansas Bears: 312 feet. The elevation at the University of Colorado's Folsom Field: 5,360 feet.

Central Arkansas football coach Clint Conque is getting his team ready to head up to Boulder, as best as he can. The FCS school is taking caution this week in practice in preparation for the steep increase in elevation they'll see on Saturday night.

"We're going a day early and we'll have oxygen available but every player handles altitude a little differently," Conque said at Tuesday's Bearbacker luncheon the Log Cabin Democrat reports . "If you really wanted to get acclimated, you'd have to leave two weeks early.

"But the word about our place this week is hydration and it's already started. The dry air at that altitude can drain you pretty quickly. Water contains oxygen and you need to keep oxygen in the body."

You have to imagine Buffs coach Mike MacIntyre will step on the gas, not giving the Bears the chance to get settled in. Central Arkansas' high-octane offense might be a little winded in the thin air at Folsom. Vegas has CU as a 14-to-16-point favorite, but Buffs Nation certainly isn't overlooking the FCS sixth-ranked Bears.

Uhhh... if this line is one that the UCA players take hook, line and sinker (like a fish :lol:I crack myself up) I question the academic standards.

I realize you know nothing about UCA football. Let me enlighten you to our "low academic standards". The football Bears also finished with the highest APR (Academic Progress Rate) in both the Southland Conference and state of Arkansas for the third consecutive year. The Bears posted a score of 960 (of 1000), and are one of just two FCS programs to lead their league for the third straight season. Last year the football team had only a few players NOT graduate. One recruiting coach told me they not only look at a kids talent but his academics are huge too. When you move from division II to division I the NCAA watches to see if academics are being hurt so there was an extra tight reign on that aspect of the team. Just an FYI.

You realize that high APRs correlate to low academics standards, right?

You see, referencing your football players' high GPAs isn't exactly how one would typically trumpet your schools' academic standards.

Last edited:
Where is Central Arkansas located, exactly? Is it on the west side of the state or east side?

Uhhh... if this line is one that the UCA players take hook, line and sinker (like a fish :lol:I crack myself up) I question the academic standards.

to be fair one of the primary triggers for what most people assume is altitude sickness is in fact dehydration.

to be fair one of the primary triggers for what most people assume is altitude sickness is in fact dehydration.

True, but the vertigo, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, headaches, bleed eyes, baldness, pregnancy, and small pox are definitely symptoms of AMS. UCA fan, you guys need to make sure your coach knows what he is getting into.

Guy on a buffalo is great!
Let's talkmatchups. Most of this info you can get off our website at ucasports.com. Lastweek against a much weaker opponent UCA was able to start some new players andsome freshmen who likely won't see a ton of playing time against the Buffs.However there is talent on the offensive side of the ball that will help theBears.
Offense:
QB Wynrick Smothersthrew 27/31 last week and really didn't need to as the offense was moving theball pretty good on the ground. Last year he had 3100 passing yards with 449rushing good for 34 TDs. He's a dual threat but not the best we've seen at UCA.(Nathan Brown, now the QB coach at UCA leads that category)
The Oline is good to solid but will be short two playersbut I don't think that will hurt depth much.
TE position has Chase Dixon, 6'5" with good hands. T.Hart isn’t as tall but plays well in blocking.
RBs have Oklahoma Sooner and 4* recruit transfer DanzelWilliams. He’s learning the system but I don’t think it will take him too long.He plays alongside Blake Veasley, 6’ and 205 lbs. Guy hits the line hard and makesa couple of yards out of nothing. Willie Matthews will also be back. He’s agrinder too.
WR is the big position. Dez. Lewis is 6’4” and built inthe same frame as current NFL player Dominique Croom, also of UCA. Long andgreat hands. The guy most of you saw is Jatovious Wilson. 5’9” and 171 lbs. hereminds UCA fans of Jesse Grandy last year. Jesse was a transfer from Ole Missthat was a burner but extremely thin. Wilson has some size on him for afreshman even if he doesn’t weigh much more. Then comes what I call our burners. These two guys have a second gear andsize to go with it. Courtney Whitehead 6’3” and Justin Burdette 6’2”, both FBStransfers are good receivers that make the catches but aren’t flashy in theirgame like Wilson and Lewis.
There are other role players who contribute every game.It’s hard to tell what coach’s game plan is because he spreads the ball aroundand ANYONE eligible to receive just might.
Defense- I’ll admit it’s good. Solid. One of the best in theFCS. Don’t know how that compares to FBS levels, but it works in the FCS.
The dline is good. Have you ever watched a team practiceand play and seen “chemistry” in action? Guys calling out and figuring outoffensive plays and shaking off busted plays to move onto the next chance tohit somebody? This defense forgets quickly. The Defensive ends are a strengthto this team.
The LBs are too. Led by SR Justin Heard, the other LBstend to play smart football. They have speed so if a RB gets away from theline, they are usually there to slow him down.
DBs. Most improved area in my opinion. Last year as fanswe saw some plays that were frustrating to watch because you knew the other teamHAD to throw it to get the first down. This year after watching fall camp andthe first game, I can say the DBs have improved greatly and stick to theirreceivers pretty good. The Buffs might get big yardage against the Bears, butwe’ve become accustomed to seeing that. It’s the score that matters to us.
Since moving to division I, UCA has won over 80% if itsgames. A balanced run/pass game has helped in that I’m sure. Playing teams likeOle Miss, Hawaii, 16X SLC conference champions McNeese State, and Colorado willhelp build the program.
The team is ready. The fans are excited. This isn’t ourbowl game. We want to be in Frisco at the end of the year. Yeah, we’re smallschool, but we want to strive to be bigger. The transition from DII to DivisionI was expensive but a move to the FBS may come in 20 years or so..just notright now. Wish we could get our donors on board at this level. Enjoy the gameBuffs! I know I will!

It's great to have an opposing fan come here and talk football instead of smack. :thumbsup:

But Good God amighty, how the hell has UCA ever lost a football game? Superstars at every position. No weaknesses. This is getting dangerously close to getting labeled :spam:

Come on, Bears. People here have been up front with you about CU's strengths AND weaknesses. How about you return the favor?

But Good God amighty, how the hell has UCA ever lost a football game? Superstars at every position. No weaknesses. This is getting dangerously close to getting labeled

Come on, Bears. People here have been up front with you about CU's strengths AND weaknesses. How about you return the favor?

You'll have to forgive the guy for being excited about his favorite football team and thinking they're good just because they're the 5th-ranked FCS team in the country. He shouldn't prattle on with such hyperbole on your board. He's very sorry.

It's part just blind fandom, but we're also a bit eaten up with an inferiority complex and conditioned to go overboard to proclaim how good we are to get people to take notice – which stems both from being an FCS team and trying to make sure folks know how good we are (especially when it's an FBS foe, and an out-of-market one at that); and also from being shat upon by the almighty Razorbacks and their media monopoly within the state. We don't get a fair shake locally, so we feel like we really have to yell and scream from on high to get anybody to pay some damn attention.

36elte.jpg

But, part of it also comes from the fact we're an FCS team used to seeing other FCS teams and therefore we draw our comparisons and shape our opinions largely off of other FCS teams. And, in the last two years, we've lost just two total games to FCS teams in the regular season – one to the national runner-up in 2011 without our starting QB, and one last year in a freak of a game in a monsoon of biblical proportions. So, the excitement isn't exactly unfounded. Through the FCS looking glass, we do have very few weaknesses and superstars at several positions.

But, we ain't Alabama. We're not even Montana or Georgia Southern, yet. And Colorado isn't Nicholls State, or even 2012 Colorado. Then again, you're still not '89-'96 Colorado either. I don't expect us to march in and slap you around all over your home field, but we're not gonna bite the pillow either - which it seems most on here realize (refreshing, too, since everybody in the SEC assumes they'll beat everybody not in the SEC by 192 points).

Here's my assessment of the team (after 1 game against a terrible team – so, largely based off last season and what we've seen at scrimmages and read throughout the preseason):

Smothers is legit, though not infallible. He's not going to be the best QB you'll see all year, and he wasn't a heavily recruited guy who could've gone to Texas, but he's not going to be the worst. And he's in an offense that makes good use of his skill set. He can fling it deep, is good at checking down, knows when to throw it away, and can run when need be. Weaknesses? Been known to sail a throw here and there, sometimes gets locked in on a guy and tries to force one.

The backstory on him... he only started one year in high school because he was behind 4-star super-hyped Marine-kicker Jordan Jefferson, who started at LSU. Wynrick only got to start his senior season, and all he did was go 15-0 and win the state title in Louisiana's largest classification. He was 25-32 with 247 yards against Ole Miss last year in what was a one-score game entering the 4th quarter, so he wasn't ringing up stats against their slaps. He's definitely a pass-first guy and you won't see a lot of called runs for him, but he's good at extending plays and is like a RB in the open field if he has to tuck it and go.

The much-hyped Jatavious Wilson looked all-world against Incarnate Word, but we haven't seen him against a team of our caliber or better. I certainly don't expect him to get 3 TDs against you guys, but he certainly appears to have speed enough to still be effective if he gets the ball in his hands.

Our WR corps has promise, but they're unproven mostly outside of JR Dezmin Lewis, who went for 56-616-6 as a soph. last year splitting catches with two solid seniors - one of whom made it to the Browns' last day of cuts and another who was a national Top 100 WR out of high school and went to Ole Miss for a couple years before some family issues (and playing for Houston Nutt) pushed him closer to home. Good size and athleticism, mostly good hands. The best overall group we've had here, probably, but that's based all off physical attributes and some scrimmages. They haven't been hit in the mouth when it counts yet, so they've got to prove themselves under the lights.

RBs are also unproven. Danzel Williams was a highly ranked kid by the scouting services and went to Oklahoma, but got shifted to the defensive side of the ball. Had a fumble in his first game here, which may be an indicator of why he wasn't an RB at OU. Blake Veasley is a Memphis transfer who had never had a meaningful carry until last week... which was Incarnate Word, so he's still very green. Willie Matthews, coming off suspension, has never been more than a depth guy with us having three senior RBs entering last year, but was supposed to be our starter. So, we've got three guys you'll probably see, and they're adequate but I don't expect them to be game-changers.

But, our offense in the 14 years Conque has been here has rarely relied upon game-changing RBs. We've had our best years when we've had that kind of back, but when we don't we find a way to move the ball regardless. Typically if we're lacking in a prototypical run game, be it because of backs or OL run-blocking deficiency, we use our screen passing attack in place of lining it up and running it right at you.

We'll move the ball, that's hardly ever an issue. 445 yds vs. Sonny Dykes' 8-win La. Tech team in 2011, at Ole Miss last year scored more points against them than Auburn, Miss. St, Pitt and UTEP, and the same number as Arkansas, and so on. Conque was the OC at La. Tech when they had Tim Rattay & Troy Edwards, beat Alabama a couple times and put up ridiculous numbers. Our OL coach has been here for a long time, and our QBs coach is our former QB from 2005-08 who threw for 10,000+ yards & 100+ TDs. So, there's a lot of familiarity with the system, lot of consistency, and so our guys have been consistently getting the same message and doing the same things and that helps. You guys have seen in one game what a good staff can do for a team, and we've got a pretty good staff.

OL might prove to be an issue, particularly as we rotate in the reserves and deal with the altitude. I don't worry much about our skill-position guys being done in by the altitude, but the big uglies who are getting leaned on and crashed into every play may not handle it quite as well. Then again, I don't know how much it really matters. You guys are something like 40-36 at home since 2000 (obviously most of those against higher-caliber competition), so people don't just come in there, lose their breath and get routed.

Our defense is, at least by FCS standards, damn good. CSU looked relatively slow watching them on TV, so I figure we'll be much faster. We aren't huge, particularly at LB, so if you're looking for a weakness there's another one. #49 MLB Justin Heard is our biggest, strongest LB at 6'1", 230. Another potential weakness is that our DBs can be very aggressive and will, on occasion, gamble and overplay the ball and leave themselves susceptible to a busted coverage, or occasionally will go the other way and line up for a hit rather than make a coverage play. That being said, outside of Ole Miss (330 yds) we allowed an average of 209 passing yards per game last season with the same group of guys.

Individually, #90 DE Jonathan Woodard is a real talent and one of those guys you wonder how we were lucky enough to get him. He's not going to get 5 sacks, but that's because he's going to get held - it might even get called once or twice.

[video=youtube;PRYgbY7Mm9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRYgbY7Mm9c[/video]

#28 S Jestin Love is a ballhawk and a headhunter and could play for a lot of teams in the FBS. Those are the two "superstars" that you've seen trumped up on here already. We don't have a superstar CB, but we've got a lot of seniors who have played a lot of games, which helps some. If we're going to slow down Richardson, it'll probably not be with a CB by himself.

Not a lot of depth/experience at DT/NG. #91 Hornbuckle is solid, #57 Randall does good work and is a JR but just in his 2nd year here, but then we've got a pair of true freshmen in the 2-deep there. They may prove to be capable, but this will be their first college football game of any real consequence.

So, we're good on the edges and have a ton of speed. Not as great right up the middle. Look over the last couple years and it's mostly running teams that have been most problematic. In our 4 losses in 2011, Montana hit us for about 230 in the playoffs, Arkansas State ran for 375, 221 for La. Tech and 316 for Sam Houston State. Last year Georgia Southern had 404 on the ground in their win, Sam Houston had 271 (though we won that one 24-20), Ole Miss had 235.

Our kicker, an Arkansas transfer who lost the job to an All-SEC kicker, is an asset. Our punter we've only seen twice and he averaged 52 yds. Coverage units are sound, but we're still searching to find a go-to returner.

We lost 11 fumbles last year and had 10 INTs, so 21 turnovers - nearly two a game. We can't afford to turn it over against a team like Colorado. The more we can limit Connor Wood's touches, the better.
So ... was that even-keeled and objective enough for me to avoid the :spam:?

And to save you guys the trouble...

h5801FE02

iekn3aJ.gif

berneydidnotread.gif

9784_600.jpg

You'll have to forgive the guy for being excited about his favorite football team and thinking they're good just because they're the 5th-ranked FCS team in the country. He shouldn't prattle on with such hyperbole on your board. He's very sorry.

It's part just blind fandom, but we're also a bit eaten up with an inferiority complex and conditioned to go overboard to proclaim how good we are to get people to take notice – which stems both from being an FCS team and trying to make sure folks know how good we are (especially when it's an FBS foe, and an out-of-market one at that); and also from being shat upon by the almighty Razorbacks and their media monopoly within the state. We don't get a fair shake locally, so we feel like we really have to yell and scream from on high to get anybody to pay some damn attention.

36elte.jpg

But, part of it also comes from the fact we're an FCS team used to seeing other FCS teams and therefore we draw our comparisons and shape our opinions largely off of other FCS teams. And, in the last two years, we've lost just two total games to FCS teams in the regular season – one to the national runner-up in 2011 without our starting QB, and one last year in a freak of a game in a monsoon of biblical proportions. So, the excitement isn't exactly unfounded. Through the FCS looking glass, we do have very few weaknesses and superstars at several positions.

But, we ain't Alabama. We're not even Montana or Georgia Southern, yet. And Colorado isn't Nicholls State, or even 2012 Colorado. Then again, you're still not '89-'96 Colorado either. I don't expect us to march in and slap you around all over your home field, but we're not gonna bite the pillow either - which it seems most on here realize (refreshing, too, since everybody in the SEC assumes they'll beat everybody not in the SEC by 192 points).

Here's my assessment of the team (after 1 game against a terrible team – so, largely based off last season and what we've seen at scrimmages and read throughout the preseason):

Smothers is legit, though not infallible. He's not going to be the best QB you'll see all year, and he wasn't a heavily recruited guy who could've gone to Texas, but he's not going to be the worst. And he's in an offense that makes good use of his skill set. He can fling it deep, is good at checking down, knows when to throw it away, and can run when need be. Weaknesses? Been known to sail a throw here and there, sometimes gets locked in on a guy and tries to force one.

The backstory on him... he only started one year in high school because he was behind 4-star super-hyped Marine-kicker Jordan Jefferson, who started at LSU. Wynrick only got to start his senior season, and all he did was go 15-0 and win the state title in Louisiana's largest classification. He was 25-32 with 247 yards against Ole Miss last year in what was a one-score game entering the 4th quarter, so he wasn't ringing up stats against their slaps. He's definitely a pass-first guy and you won't see a lot of called runs for him, but he's good at extending plays and is like a RB in the open field if he has to tuck it and go.

The much-hyped Jatavious Wilson looked all-world against Incarnate Word, but we haven't seen him against a team of our caliber or better. I certainly don't expect him to get 3 TDs against you guys, but he certainly appears to have speed enough to still be effective if he gets the ball in his hands.

Our WR corps has promise, but they're unproven mostly outside of JR Dezmin Lewis, who went for 56-616-6 as a soph. last year splitting catches with two solid seniors - one of whom made it to the Browns' last day of cuts and another who was a national Top 100 WR out of high school and went to Ole Miss for a couple years before some family issues (and playing for Houston Nutt) pushed him closer to home. Good size and athleticism, mostly good hands. The best overall group we've had here, probably, but that's based all off physical attributes and some scrimmages. They haven't been hit in the mouth when it counts yet, so they've got to prove themselves under the lights.

RBs are also unproven. Danzel Williams was a highly ranked kid by the scouting services and went to Oklahoma, but got shifted to the defensive side of the ball. Had a fumble in his first game here, which may be an indicator of why he wasn't an RB at OU. Blake Veasley is a Memphis transfer who had never had a meaningful carry until last week... which was Incarnate Word, so he's still very green. Willie Matthews, coming off suspension, has never been more than a depth guy with us having three senior RBs entering last year, but was supposed to be our starter. So, we've got three guys you'll probably see, and they're adequate but I don't expect them to be game-changers.

But, our offense in the 14 years Conque has been here has rarely relied upon game-changing RBs. We've had our best years when we've had that kind of back, but when we don't we find a way to move the ball regardless. Typically if we're lacking in a prototypical run game, be it because of backs or OL run-blocking deficiency, we use our screen passing attack in place of lining it up and running it right at you.

We'll move the ball, that's hardly ever an issue. 445 yds vs. Sonny Dykes' 8-win La. Tech team in 2011, at Ole Miss last year scored more points against them than Auburn, Miss. St, Pitt and UTEP, and the same number as Arkansas, and so on. Conque was the OC at La. Tech when they had Tim Rattay & Troy Edwards, beat Alabama a couple times and put up ridiculous numbers. Our OL coach has been here for a long time, and our QBs coach is our former QB from 2005-08 who threw for 10,000+ yards & 100+ TDs. So, there's a lot of familiarity with the system, lot of consistency, and so our guys have been consistently getting the same message and doing the same things and that helps. You guys have seen in one game what a good staff can do for a team, and we've got a pretty good staff.

OL might prove to be an issue, particularly as we rotate in the reserves and deal with the altitude. I don't worry much about our skill-position guys being done in by the altitude, but the big uglies who are getting leaned on and crashed into every play may not handle it quite as well. Then again, I don't know how much it really matters. You guys are something like 40-36 at home since 2000 (obviously most of those against higher-caliber competition), so people don't just come in there, lose their breath and get routed.

Our defense is, at least by FCS standards, damn good. CSU looked relatively slow watching them on TV, so I figure we'll be much faster. We aren't huge, particularly at LB, so if you're looking for a weakness there's another one. #49 MLB Justin Heard is our biggest, strongest LB at 6'1", 230. Another potential weakness is that our DBs can be very aggressive and will, on occasion, gamble and overplay the ball and leave themselves susceptible to a busted coverage, or occasionally will go the other way and line up for a hit rather than make a coverage play. That being said, outside of Ole Miss (330 yds) we allowed an average of 209 passing yards per game last season with the same group of guys.

Individually, #90 DE Jonathan Woodard is a real talent and one of those guys you wonder how we were lucky enough to get him. He's not going to get 5 sacks, but that's because he's going to get held - it might even get called once or twice.

[video=youtube;PRYgbY7Mm9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRYgbY7Mm9c[/video]

#28 S Jestin Love is a ballhawk and a headhunter and could play for a lot of teams in the FBS. Those are the two "superstars" that you've seen trumped up on here already. We don't have a superstar CB, but we've got a lot of seniors who have played a lot of games, which helps some. If we're going to slow down Richardson, it'll probably not be with a CB by himself.

Not a lot of depth/experience at DT/NG. #91 Hornbuckle is solid, #57 Randall does good work and is a JR but just in his 2nd year here, but then we've got a pair of true freshmen in the 2-deep there. They may prove to be capable, but this will be their first college football game of any real consequence.

So, we're good on the edges and have a ton of speed. Not as great right up the middle. Look over the last couple years and it's mostly running teams that have been most problematic. In our 4 losses in 2011, Montana hit us for about 230 in the playoffs, Arkansas State ran for 375, 221 for La. Tech and 316 for Sam Houston State. Last year Georgia Southern had 404 on the ground in their win, Sam Houston had 271 (though we won that one 24-20), Ole Miss had 235.

Our kicker, an Arkansas transfer who lost the job to an All-SEC kicker, is an asset. Our punter we've only seen twice and he averaged 52 yds. Coverage units are sound, but we're still searching to find a go-to returner.

We lost 11 fumbles last year and had 10 INTs, so 21 turnovers - nearly two a game. We can't afford to turn it over against a team like Colorado. The more we can limit Connor Wood's touches, the better.
So ... was that even-keeled and objective enough for me to avoid the :spam:?

And to save you guys the trouble...

h5801FE02

iekn3aJ.gif

berneydidnotread.gif

9784_600.jpg

Best parts of your post:

5. Gratuitous shot at the dickwads in the $EC
4. Snarky shot back at me in defense of your Bear Buddy.... (seriously - it means you get this place)
3. GIFS and Lolobama
2. All that football **** (I assume, like I'm going to read anything that long that came out of Arkansas and isn't a Sam's Club membership agreement)
1. The name. I assume your guys are hustlers on top of everything else.....

1. The name. I assume your guys are hustlers on top of everything else.....

Fa sho. Every day we are, in fact, hustlin'.

Anyway, the name... yes - thanks for noticing. I even had a fancy picture to use for my profile, but either I'm too much of a ruhtard to find that option, or it's not turned on for n00bz.

il13rAp.jpg

(Sorry ladies, not a current pic.)

I hope the team takes these guys seriously. I can see them racking up 400 plus yards if we don't control the ball and play great defense. Or I could see us winning by 30 plus if CSU is better than I think they are. The bitch of early season.....you cannot gauge accurately where you truly are.

Fa sho. Every day we are, in fact, hustlin'.

Anyway, the name... yes - thanks for noticing. I even had a fancy picture to use for my profile, but either I'm too much of a ruhtard to find that option, or it's not turned on for n00bz.

il13rAp.jpg

(Sorry ladies, not a current pic.)
Entra Kansas? Who are they and why should I care?

that being said, if embree were still the coach i'd share in your fear. But with macintyre i think the buffs will take care of business. Coach mac will not follow in hawkins' or embree's ('12) footsteps and lose to an fcs school in the first home game of the season.
fify

True, but the vertigo, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, headaches, bleed eyes, baldness, pregnancy, and small pox are definitely symptoms of AMS. UCA fan, you guys need to make sure your coach knows what he is getting into.
Bleed eyes...that doesn't sound scary. It sounds like a brown eye infection.
The medical term sounds scarier:
Subconjunctival Hemorrhage

The conjunctiva walls may break easily, resulting in a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding under the conjunctiva), appearing as a bright red or dark red patch on the sclera.

Hopefully, the Bear fans don't wise up and get some of that Rocky Mt. Spring water. Teams that have gone up to the mountains and filled the team water bottles from a nice, clear stream and started drinking it, oh, 2 or 3 days before the game seem not to be affected by the altitude. They can run all day.

Back