What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFN: Preview 2019: Colorado. 5 Things You Need To Know, Season Prediction

Winning ASU would be nice, but a 4-1 start is possible without beating ASU.

That stretch of @ Wazzu, USC, and @UCLA is a very big stretch IMO. Gotta win at least one, probably two games in that stretch to go bowling.

Last edited:
Winning ASU would be nice, but there is a 4-1 start is possible without beating ASU.

That stretch of @ Wazzu, USC, and @UCLA is a very big stretch IMO. Gotta win at least one, probably two games in that stretch to go bowling.
Better chance of beating NU at home or ASU in heat?

The home game is almost always the better bet.

NU: DB vastly improved. DL could be a matchup challenge. Martinez on some Heisman lists

ASU: Lost key skill positions, especially passing game. Gotta stop run. Depth in heat could determine outcome.

Two bites at 4-1 likely.

NU: DB vastly improved. DL could be a matchup challenge. Martinez on some Heisman lists

ASU: Lost key skill positions, especially passing game. Gotta stop run. Depth in heat could determine outcome.

Two bites at 4-1 likely.

ASU almost certainly will be a night game. Historical average night temps for Tempe on 9/21 is in the upper 60s-low 70s. Shouldn't be an issue.

Game time temps in Tempe since CU joined the Pac-12:

2017 (November 4th): 79
2015 (October 10th): 92
2013 (October 12th): 81
2011 (October 29th): 85

Last three years of ASU home games in September:

9/1 (UTSA): 99
9/8 (Michigan State): 100
9/29 (Oregon State): 98

9/9 (San Diego State): 91
9/23 (Oregon): 81

9/3 (Northern Arizona): 99
9/10 (Texas Tech): 101
9/24 (Cal): 84

I would bet on it being pretty hot.

**** that heat. I’d definitely wear cargo shorts to that game.

I lived in Arizona for a few years. Night games in September are warm, but fine. I doubt the heat will be an issue.
I think that kind of proves the point though. You lived there so it didn't really bother you. I came down from Denver and it was definitely hot as ****.

Already making excuses?

I moved there from Southern California.
I know, but I am saying if you are in Arizona and used to the heat it is not a big deal to go play in 90+ degree weather. When you are in Denver and travel down there for a game and you are not used to the heat it definitely gets to you. This is why ASU has had such a big advantage in early season games, especially against those teams in colder climates.

I know, but I am saying if you are in Arizona and used to the heat it is not a big deal to go play in 90+ degree weather. When you are in Denver and travel down there for a game and you are not used to the heat it definitely gets to you. This is why ASU has had such a big advantage in early season games, especially against those teams in colder climates.

You're making it a bigger deal than it is. It'll be a night game, they'll be fine.

You're making it a bigger deal than it is. It'll be a night game, they'll be fine.
It doesn't really matter if it is a night game, it is still hotter at night than any game they Buffs play all season. Once again, there is a reason (and numbers to back it up) why teams struggle to go into Tempe early in the season.

my trick to sitting through hotter than hell football games in the sun is to put ice cubes in my arm pits and knee pits. lots of blood vessels in those spots -- it's like having a personal AC unit.

Going bowling this year needs to happen. Idgaf if it's the weed whacker bowl. Start building back up the program, fingers crossed.

Sami playing 45 snaps in 90+ heat won’t be gone. Neither will Sherman. Or Mustafa. Landman will lose a step if he doesn’t sit a series or two. Get real.

You know how often UGA subbed on front 3? Goal was every 8 plays.

Good write up and pretty much on par with what I'm thinking except Wigley is not the 5th best defensive player.

Just looked at the schedule again and agree @ASU is huge.

@ASU was the difference between bowling and not in 2017. Probably will be again this year. Let’s hope that if we have an 11 ****ing point lead in the fourth ****ing quarter, we don’t **** the ****ing bed like we did in 2017.

(I’m STILL pissed off about that game.)

Sami playing 45 snaps in 90+ heat won’t be gone. Neither will Sherman. Or Mustafa. Landman will lose a step if he doesn’t sit a series or two. Get real.

You know how often UGA subbed on front 3? Goal was every 8 plays.
I think coach Tucker is going to rotate heavily with the defensive line because of his background. I think we even see more guys play on the Oline then usual, not like the D of course. Is this how you see the staff rolling, and if you alread addressed this I'm sorry for the rehash.

Back