What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ch. 7 sportsguy...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
said it best. He showed Hawk talking about good handshakes and twinkles in the eye, and asked," Is he recruiting for the glee club?":cry:

Vic Lombardi just mocked DH last night for calling Kyle Slavin..."Tyler" 2 or 3 times...think that was also a good portrayal of DH's effort on the recruiting trail

It was said on 103.5 the Fox this morning that they were going to try to get Talkins on their show early next week to specificly discuss this years recruiting class. That should last all of about 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Vic Lombardi just mocked DH last night for calling Kyle Slavin..."Tyler" 2 or 3 times...think that was also a good portrayal of DH's effort on the recruiting trail

Channel 9 sports last night did the same thing. Asking how can you call one of the only instate recruits the wrong name multiple times.

Local Omaha radio show had a few things to say about CU's class as one of the hosts is a CU grad. (Schick and Nick show) a couple interesting things.... not good and I am not flaming, just recapping what was stated. Out of the top 15 recruit from the state of CO only one picked CU. Bell the kid coming to NU stated he was a buff fan and was never contacted by CU. The other kid from CO said CU just does not have much draw and there is no pressure from locals to attend, he actually heard more from NU fans living in CO about going to NU. I am sure there are podcasts to more accurately describe my recap. 1620 am. Also they had a recruiting analyst on and he was stating how good the CSU class was outclassing CU's by a large margin.

That pretty much sums it up here Waylon. We don't have a good instate following here I thin kfor a few reasons.

a) This is a Bronco state #1, Broncos football to Colorado is very similar to Husker football to Nebraskans.
b) We get a lot of people that move here from Nebraska, Texas and California, and they continue to follow their home teams.
c) A lot of our alums are from out of state and they move back home after they graduate. A lot of CU alums in southern California and east coast.
d) We don't get much support from the local media. We have been dogged by them way more times than nice words about us the last 10 years.

I'm sure Nebraska wouldn't have the loyalty that they do if Nebraska was such a dream state to move to.

It's sad, I wish CU had the loyalty that NU does.

c) A lot of our alums are from out of state and they move back home after they graduate. A lot of CU alums in southern California and east coast.

It's sad, I wish CU had the loyalty that NU does.

In response to c). I graduated HS from TX, and I bleed the black and gold - NO F'IN BURNT ORANGE IN THESE VEINS M-Fer!

In response to the loyalty - this is one Buff who if his children are so blessed with the ability to play sports at the college level, it WILL BE A COLD DAY IN MOTHER F'IN HELL BEFORE THIS BUFF'S CHILDREN ATTEND A SCHOOL OTHER THAN COLORADO!

I don't give a flying fuuuuuuck if they have a full ride scholarship along with hookers to attend t.u. or Nubraksa (of course, who'd want Nubaksa hookers :puke:- )- I will gladly pay whatever astronomical out-of-state tuition it is for them to go to Boulder gawd-dammit!

There is two generations of Buffs in this family and I'll be damnedif a third doesn't attend DEAR OLD CU!
I will not allow the line started by my old man to be severed! Mother F&%#(&! POS, F*** ANYONE NOT DEDICATED TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!

dAMN THAT RED WINE IS KICKING MY ***** RIGHT NOW! :lol:

in response to c). I graduated hs from tx, and i bleed the black and gold - no f'in burnt orange in these veins m-fer!

In response to the loyalty - this is one buff who if his children are so blessed with the ability to play sports at the college level, it will be a cold day in mother f'in hell before this buff's children attend a school other than colorado!

i don't give a flying fuuuuuuck if they have a full ride scholarship along with hookers to attend t.u. Or nubraksa (of course, who'd want nubaksa hookers :puke:- )- i will gladly pay whatever astronomical out-of-state tuition it is for them to go to boulder gawd-dammit!

there is two generations of buffs in this family and i'll be damnedif a third doesn't attend dear old cu!
i will not allow the line started by my old man to be severed! Mother f&%#(&! Pos, f*** anyone not dedicated to the black and gold!

damn that red wine is kicking my ***** right now! :lol:

allsome

In response to c). I graduated HS from TX, and I bleed the black and gold - NO F'IN BURNT ORANGE IN THESE VEINS M-Fer!

In response to the loyalty - this is one Buff who if his children are so blessed with the ability to play sports at the college level, it WILL BE A COLD DAY IN MOTHER F'IN HELL BEFORE THIS BUFF'S CHILDREN ATTEND A SCHOOL OTHER THAN COLORADO!

I don't give a flying fuuuuuuck if they have a full ride scholarship along with hookers to attend t.u. or Nubraksa (of course, who'd want Nubaksa hookers :puke:- )- I will gladly pay whatever astronomical out-of-state tuition it is for them to go to Boulder gawd-dammit!

There is two generations of Buffs in this family and I'll be damnedif a third doesn't attend DEAR OLD CU!
I will not allow the line started by my old man to be severed! Mother F&%#(&! POS, F*** ANYONE NOT DEDICATED TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!

dAMN THAT RED WINE IS KICKING MY ***** RIGHT NOW! :lol:

Awesome post, althoug I think you misunderstood c. I was talking about instate support and a lot of people move away, didn't say you guys that move back home don't stay loyal.

Awesome post, althoug I think you misunderstood c. I was talking about instate support and a lot of people move away, didn't say you guys that move back home don't stay loyal.

Yeah, 'Leash you're I did sorta misinterpret what you were saying - I think the explanation in 1 point font semi-explains why :smile2:

But more than that, I think I got spun up b/c it just hit a particular chord with me b/c even though I lived in Colorful Colorado off and on for half my life, I technically am an out-of-state alum (grad-gee-ated HS in Dallas) and I do everything I can to support CU and show my loyalty.

Unfortunately right now it just comes in the form of trying to make it back to Boulder once a year for a game so my boys get to start experiencing what it means to Buffalo at an earlier age than I did. The further loyalty through $$$ just isn't possible right now as donatable (is that a word) $$$ gets sucked up raising three kids. I know most of us here are in the same situation, so I'm sure I'm just preaching to the choir.

But on the good side, I've volunteered as the chapter leader for the Austin Buff Alumni Association, so hopefully we can grow support for Dear Old CU down here to help raise the level of out of state support back to Boulder!

For the record, I am an Coloradoan who happens to be an economic refugee within the state of Texas. I send my money back home, just like so many other resident aliens.

As they say, if you want Texas money, you gotta spend Texas time. Unfortunately, I find it easier to afford a nice house and pay out of state tuition by living Texas. This is easier than finding a high paying job in Colorado.

Local Omaha radio show had a few things to say about CU's class as one of the hosts is a CU grad. (Schick and Nick show) a couple interesting things.... not good and I am not flaming, just recapping what was stated. Out of the top 15 recruit from the state of CO only one picked CU. Bell the kid coming to NU stated he was a buff fan and was never contacted by CU. The other kid from CO said CU just does not have much draw and there is no pressure from locals to attend, he actually heard more from NU fans living in CO about going to NU. I am sure there are podcasts to more accurately describe my recap. 1620 am. Also they had a recruiting analyst on and he was stating how good the CSU class was outclassing CU's by a large margin.

csu's class of 28 or so holds four FOUR bcs offers. just because they are from florida or texas, doesn't make them any good. csu fans are gloating about a class we would be furious with.

Back