What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Championship Saturday gameday thread

I'd love to see the Buffs recruit to and run the Wiscy offense. Bunch of big linemen pushing people around, enough passing to keep people honest but not complicated enough to confuse your own players. They keep it simple and run it very well.

In a pass oriented league like the PAC a lot of teams wouldn't have a clue how to handle that kind of offense. Also means you don't have to recruit directly against other teams for the same players since you can look for some different skill sets.

I'd love to see the Buffs recruit to and run the Wiscy offense. Bunch of big linemen pushing people around, enough passing to keep people honest but not complicated enough to confuse your own players. They keep it simple and run it very well.

In a pass oriented league like the PAC a lot of teams wouldn't have a clue how to handle that kind of offense. Also means you don't have to recruit directly against other teams for the same players since you can look for some different skill sets.

See the Pac-12 champs, Stanford!

Yeah, it's a beauty to see, but we don't have enough good OL to do anything like that anytime soon.

Don't have the talent now, but with the rate Colorado seems to be producing high school line talent, we should be able to get there.

Another random benefit of such an offense is that it keeps the other guy's offense off the field. The DC's at the other schools would be pissed: on defense for a 5-7 minute drive, then their O scores and/or goes 3 & out in 1:20, and the D is back out there to face another 7-8 minute drive....

Don't have the talent now, but with the rate Colorado seems to be producing high school line talent, we should be able to get there.

Another random benefit of such an offense is that it keeps the other guy's offense off the field. The DC's at the other schools would be pissed: on defense for a 5-7 minute drive, then their O scores and/or goes 3 & out in 1:20, and the D is back out there to face another 7-8 minute drive....

And you don't have to have great athletic linemen, although that never hurts. You just need big guys who can move some and execute a limited number of things very well.

Part of the reason that I like the system is that it is simple enough to teach on the college level. Wiscy keeps losing guys to graduation, injury, etc and it seems like they just plug another guy in and keep going. Recently they have gotten some fairly highly rated prospects but over the recent years they have done a lot with guys who weren't on the top of the prospect list. Same thing with RBs and WRs.

Embree talked about trying to do this but instead he tried to install a pro type offense that was to complicated for guys to efficiently execute and that required talent that he simply didn't have.

Problem is, if you're ever down by 4+ (godforbid 2 scores) at the end of the game, you're f'd.

[video=youtube;3rbLGtBvK9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rbLGtBvK9I&feature=plcp[/video]

I believe that's what John Embree said he intended on doing when he took over. Even if you could get those players, it'd take them years to develop into that. Except the point of comparison was Stanford.

They just need to run the spread since it makes it hard for defenders to defend and the schematics of the offense can cover up deficiencies in players. Never mind the fact that half the Buffs games would be played at home, so running a "fast break" spread would tire defenses out even more than elsewhere.

Anyway...

Highlight of my weekend:

ibcT15cHbiUzV0.gif

Love this quote from Yahoo on the game:

And then there is the mockery that the Big Ten has perpetrated all season, culminating with the 8-5 Badgers showing up in the Rose Bowl. They were the third-best team in their division but got into the Big Ten championship game because Ohio State and Penn State are ineligible for the postseason. Once there, Wisconsin was met by a Nebraska team that just laid down and gave up, surrendering 70 points and approximately a million yards to the Badgers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--college-football-s-bowl-season-a-jumbled-mess-053704636.html

exactly!!!! and its the dumbassed posts above that give the fusker trolls the ammo to come here and give us the line... 'you like watching nebraska lose more than you like watching your own team win'.

i am not in that camp. **** kneebraska and their filthy holier than thou fan base.

but, if the two teams are not playing each other.... 1. i want Colorado to win. 2. i don't give a frogs fat ass about kneebraska. let 'em rot.

if they are playing each other... i want Colorado to nuke them from space and kill ever fusker that invades that great state of Colorado with their disgusting smelly red stain. the absolute worse thing about colorado is the kneebraska fans.

I'm in both camps myself, but I live in Kneebraska and that makes a big difference. I want our next coach to wipe out Bud Wilkins record for consecutive wins, and who the hell wouldn't! But I do love watching them lose very very much. My in-laws are all crazy Husker fans and drive 425 every home game to go see it!!! So yes, I love watching them lose!
And yet, that kind of attitude somehow got me labled a "Husker sympathizer" on here yesterday just because I called a spade a spade.......

Back