What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chance Andre Leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

I don't see Andre as a lottery player. He's a great athlete and an elite rebounder and shot blocker but he doesn't have anywhere close to an NBA offensive game. He's not a good perimeter shooter, he's not a good post player, he's not good at talking defenders off the dribble and driving to the hoop, and he's not a good free throw shooter. If he was bigger this wouldn't be such an issue but as someone else said he's basically the Birdman but 3 inches shorter. In the NBA at his size he has to become a more well-rounded player, he's not big enough to make it strictly doing what he does here and those rebounds and blocked shots won't be so easy to come by going against 7ft NBA centers. Unless there is noticeable improvement I think he stays all four years and ends up as a second-round pick. Kenneth Faried is a very similar player but he's slightly bigger and has a better offensive game and he went #22.

I don't see Andre as a lottery player. He's a great athlete and an elite rebounder and shot blocker but he doesn't have anywhere close to an NBA offensive game. He's not a good perimeter shooter, he's not a good post player, he's not good at talking defenders off the dribble and driving to the hoop, and he's not a good free throw shooter. If he was bigger this wouldn't be such an issue but as someone else said he's basically the Birdman but 3 inches shorter. In the NBA at his size he has to become a more well-rounded player, he's not big enough to make it strictly doing what he does here and those rebounds and blocked shots won't be so easy to come by going against 7ft NBA centers. Unless there is noticeable improvement I think he stays all four years and ends up as a second-round pick. Kenneth Faried is a very similar player but he's slightly bigger and has a better offensive game and he went #22.
I've heard Roberson say that when he was growing up, he modeled his game after Rodman. Not saying he'll ultimately be that good in the pros (and hopefully not that messed up), but Rodman was 6-6 220 pounds and Andre is 6-7 210, so physically, they're similar. And anyone that's watched Andre around the boards and on D (when he's motivated), can see that he's clearly a special player. He does remind me of Rodman with the way he's got a nose for the ball.

If Andre works on getting more physical, learns the art of boxing out, defends more consistently, and picks up his offensive game a bit, there's some huge potential there that I think translates to a lottery pick.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Cory Higgins remains on an NBA roster after this season. Charlotte is terrible and I'm guessing his pops gets fired (4-28 this year)

I think Chauncey is almost done as well. It could be just Burks by the time Andre gets drafted.

I've heard Roberson say that when he was growing up, he modeled his game after Rodman. Not saying he'll ultimately be that good in the pros (and hopefully not that messed up), but Rodman was 6-6 220 pounds and Andre is 6-7 210, so physically, they're similar. And anyone that's watched Andre around the boards and on D (when he's motivated), can see that he's clearly a special player. He does remind me of Rodman with the way he's got a nose for the ball.

If Andre works on getting more physical, learns the art of boxing out, defends more consistently, and picks up his offensive game a bit, there's some huge potential there that I think translates to a lottery pick.

The comparison to Rodman is valid in a lot of ways. At the same time rodman played in an era when players were on average smaller than now. Rodman also while being a rebounding and defensive dynamo had a better offensive game than Roberson has. He didn't look for it a lot but Rodman had a pretty effective 8-12 foot jump shot and could also turn and quick drive on guys, two more consistent and effective offensive moves than Roberson has right now.

Andre is certainly talented enough to develop a much better and more effective offensive game than he has right now but to be more than a role player in the NBA he needs to develop that offensive game and it is easier to do that at the college level than in limited time after getting to the pros.

Back