What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Character is what you are in the dark.

So, did Sarah Mclachlan take the time to post this on or off set from one her sad a$$ animal commercials?

Parents posting on a fan website never ends well. If fans are not allowed to be upset in loss, then mommy should recognize that the players deserve no praise in victory. It seems that you should have thrown out all those participation trophies instead of using them to buld a shrine to your child.

You don't have to be a parent of a player to realize how much of a lack of self control some people have here. Venting is one thing, but some here are coming off as flat out pan.zees.

How can any of you distain this? It is not properly presented to you as a feast for your gluttonous enjoyment?

Gawain...Gawain...Gawain...

point #1 - spelling errors in a post that pretends to be intelligent are not tolerated on this board.

point #2 - i really REALLY want it to be presented to me in wins. Wins feed my gluttonous enjoyment.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something Hawkin's wife would post (Danny cannot write in complete sentences, or would have guessed him....).

Let's talk character.
The fans were MISLEAD by CU into believing the 2015 Buffs were something that they were not.

- upper classmen instead of under classmen
- bowl destiny
- great practices
- turning the corner where close losses last year will progress into W's this year.

This message didn't come from the fans. The fans were not invited to watch many open practices to judge for ourselves. The spring game was not really a game, but a meaningless exhibition. The message was very controlled by CU's journalists and video dept to whip CU fans into a koolaid guzzling frenzy.

This led to a loud bubble popping that could be heard across the pacific and lingered into the sleep deprived masses who were angry for believing in something that was not there.

In hindsight, CU could have said "the roster is pretty much the same, the opening game will be a real dogfight. Our goal is to win one game at a time." This might have been frustrating to hear, but it would have been honest. Fans could have been invited to a few more practices to blog reality.

The fans were sold more sizzle than steak. We were led to believe CU was something other than they are. Truth is the 2015 Buffs opened this season in much the same way they opened last year, but actually regressed a little bit.

The character issue is better directed at those doing the misleading instead of the misled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk character.
The fans were MISLEAD by CU into believing the 2015 Buffs were something that they were not.

- bowl destiny
- great practices
- turning the corner where close losses last year will progress into W's this year.

This message didn't come from the fans. The fans were not invited to watch many open practices. The spring game was not really a game, but a meaningless exhibition.

In hindsight, CU could have said "the roster is pretty much the same, the opening game will be a real dogfight. Our goal is to win one game at a time." This might have been frustrating to hear, but it would have been honest.

The fans were sold more sizzle than steak. We were led to believe CU was something other than they are.

The character issue is better directed at those doing the misleading instead of the misled.
Gawain, here's your character test. Skiddy really digs in on these kinds of things. Good luck.

Let's talk character.

- bowl destiny
- great practices

This message didn't come from the fans. The fans were not invited to watch many open practices to judge for ourselves. The spring game was not really a game, but a meaningless exhibition. The message was very controlled by CU's journalists and video dept to whip CU fans into a koolaid guzzling frenzy.

This led to a loud bubble popping that could be heard across the pacific and lingered into the sleep deprived masses who were angry for believing in something that was not there.

In hindsight, CU could have said "the roster is pretty much the same, the opening game will be a real dogfight. Our goal is to win one game at a time." This might have been frustrating to hear, but it would have been honest. Fans could have been invited to a few more practices to blog reality.

The fans were sold more sizzle than steak. We were led to believe CU was something other than they are. Truth is the 2015 Buffs opened this season in much the same way they opened last year, but actually regressed a little bit.

Mislead by who? That's marketing.

Let's talk character.

- bowl destiny
- great practices

The character issue is better directed at those doing the misleading instead of the misled.[/QUOTE
During the pac 12 media days one of the Utah talking heads after the mm interview said "name one position they upgraded this year. It is popular to say they are better, but bad players don't become good with the passing of a year. They are a dumpster fire and won't win a game in conference". It pissed me off at the time. He doubled down with "last place in average stars and class ranking in conference doesn't change the direction of the program". I want Mac to make him eat those words, but last night he laid an egg with a team that will be a mid level non power five conference after thought.

Best thing about this thread is I googled the title and found this (which could be a mighty fine avatar for someone):

mexcellent.jpg

When I watch our Buffs – even in their loss, I see belief, hope, and an unbounded (if not sometimes misdirected) desire to succeed. I see errors of effort, mistakes of intensity, and even simple human imperfection. It is unquestionably clear that each of them strive not just for themselves but for their teammates, their coaches, and – yes – even for us. This is a group of young men upon which the weight of so much negative history unyieldingly rests. They are not responsible for ten years of difficulties, ten years of administrative struggles, ten years of less than optimal choices and results. Yet, in each mistake they make, it is obvious the personal responsibility of this massive weight that they have taken upon themselves to craft- through their own sweat and struggle - a new, brighter future.

How can any of you distain this? It is not properly presented to you as a feast for your gluttonous enjoyment?

Is there any question as to the absolute commitment Mike Macintyre has made to each of his players, to each of his coaches, and to each “fan”? Is there any question of his qualifications or ability to lead, organize, inspire, and motivate?

Yet, such anger. Such frustration. Such vitriol.

I wonder about people capable of turning their backs on the good faith of others so easily. Don’t spout to me the length of time you have “suffered” in hopes of just a reasonable chance at a winning season. Your effort is minimal. Your “commitment” requires no sacrifice. Your “pain” exists only in your own mind, as you selfishly wager your emotional angst only on a positive result over which you have no control; and then, you chide those who do not provide it to you.

If you were eight years old, you’d be sent to your room without dinner, and still the behavior has not outgrown the developing loss of your hair. Somehow the imagined language o the back of the ticket stub you lord over the justifications for your immaturity guarantees every “buyer” fair basis to spout such self-important nonsense.

None of those who slap their bathwater in tantrum should be permitted the exultation of the successes that will – someday – arrive. Of course, there is no doubt, they will fully suckle at the pleasurable emotions of those days, with no guilt over the barbs issued nor concern at the hypocrisy of their easy vacillations.

So, I ask one question: What does it mean to believe?

Win or lose, what right do those of us merely watching have to the fruits or spoils of the result? Why should those of us behind the sidelines feel the power to demand while offering none of the effort to succeed? Perhaps, again, you point to that small penance indecipherably inscribing the indelible compact to your attendance? Well, if the loss of a few dollars here and there forms the “sacrifice” upon which you are willing to abandon your heart and empathy, I wonder if you ever had either at any point.

I believe our Buffs will grow into a football force with which to be reckoned.

I believe that our Buffs will make many mistakes, and suffer more losses along the way.

I believe that each of them will ache for their mistakes and perceived inadequacies in ways I will never know and never be capable of remedying.

I believe that good, strong, bright, dedicated people do not always win.

I believe that good, strong, bright, dedicated people do not always have to win to represent the best of themselves.

I know that my team will always have my support, win or lose, good or bad, easy or hard.

I believe that is all I have to offer them.

I also believe it is the best I have to offer.

And, I wonder if such beliefs are slowly fading. They certainly are not “trending.”
**** you!

When I watch our Buffs – even in their loss, I see belief, hope, and an unbounded (if not sometimes misdirected) desire to succeed. I see errors of effort, mistakes of intensity, and even simple human imperfection. It is unquestionably clear that each of them strive not just for themselves but for their teammates, their coaches, and – yes – even for us. This is a group of young men upon which the weight of so much negative history unyieldingly rests. They are not responsible for ten years of difficulties, ten years of administrative struggles, ten years of less than optimal choices and results. Yet, in each mistake they make, it is obvious the personal responsibility of this massive weight that they have taken upon themselves to craft- through their own sweat and struggle - a new, brighter future.

Is there any question as to the absolute commitment Mike Macintyre has made to each of his players, to each of his coaches, and to each “fan”? Is there any question of his qualifications or ability to lead, organize, inspire, and motivate?

Yet, such anger. Such frustration. Such vitriol.

I wonder about people capable of turning their backs on the good faith of others so easily. Don’t spout to me the length of time you have “suffered” in hopes of just a reasonable chance at a winning season. Your effort is minimal. Your “commitment” requires no sacrifice. Your “pain” exists only in your own mind, as you selfishly wager your emotional angst only on a positive result over which you have no control; and then, you chide those who do not provide it to you.

If you were eight years old, you’d be sent to your room without dinner, and still the behavior has not outgrown the developing loss of your hair. Somehow the imagined language o the back of the ticket stub you lord over the justifications for your immaturity guarantees every “buyer” fair basis to spout such self-important nonsense.

None of those who slap their bathwater in tantrum should be permitted the exultation of the successes that will – someday – arrive. Of course, there is no doubt, they will fully suckle at the pleasurable emotions of those days, with no guilt over the barbs issued nor concern at the hypocrisy of their easy vacillations.

So, I ask one question: What does it mean to believe?

Win or lose, what right do those of us merely watching have to the fruits or spoils of the result? Why should those of us behind the sidelines feel the power to demand while offering none of the effort to succeed? Perhaps, again, you point to that small penance indecipherably inscribing the indelible compact to your attendance? Well, if the loss of a few dollars here and there forms the “sacrifice” upon which you are willing to abandon your heart and empathy, I wonder if you ever had either at any point.

I believe our Buffs will grow into a football force with which to be reckoned.

I believe that our Buffs will make many mistakes, and suffer more losses along the way.

I believe that each of them will ache for their mistakes and perceived inadequacies in ways I will never know and never be capable of remedying.

I believe that good, strong, bright, dedicated people do not always win.

I believe that good, strong, bright, dedicated people do not always have to win to represent the best of themselves.

I know that my team will always have my support, win or lose, good or bad, easy or hard.

I believe that is all I have to offer them.

I also believe it is the best I have to offer.

And, I wonder if such beliefs are slowly fading. They certainly are not “trending.”

Errors of effort? Like letting somebody get through a punt shield untouched to block your punter? Like letting three man fronts beat you multiple times during the first half? Gawain, I agree and I like most of what you say, but I'll say this-I don't think you understand where the bulk of us are coming from. There was a ridiculous amount of sunshine pumping coming from up there during this offseason. Some of it is justified-Jim Leavitt and the defense have made strides (look no further than we nearly equaled our INT total of last year in a game this year). Here's my point-If you pump that kind of sunshine, and then lay an egg against a team the caliber of Hawaii (picked 5th in the MW West) in your opener, and you don't expect this kind of reception from your fanbase, you've got another thing coming. One more thing, and this is for everyone on here. The one thing we do have right now is a damn good AD-Trust that Rick George will fairly evaluate MM on the results, and take whatever action is in the best interests of the football program in the future.

Back