What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charles Baker leaving CU

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
This is a big loss imo. He was a pretty solid recruiter. I believe he was the coach recruiting Wesley Witherspoon a while back. We almost pulled him imo.

Sources say men's hoops assistant Baker leaving CU for USC

By Ryan Thorburn (Contact)
Saturday, April 18, 2009
BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado men's basketball head coach Jeff Bzdelik, who has one more scholarship to offer during the spring signing period, is also in the market for a new assistant coach.

According to sources, Charles Baker is expected to leave CU to take a similar position at USC working for Tim Floyd, one of Bzdelik's closest friends in the business, next season.

Baker is considered to be a strong recruiter and was taking a look at an in-state prospect this spring until recently deciding to leave Boulder for Los Angeles. A CU official said Baker is still currently under contract and that if necessary Bzdelik would comment on the situation upon his return.

More...

What about Jay Humphries. Wasn't he interested before Bzdelik filled his staff the 1st time? CU grad too I believe

Humphries is doing pretty well in the NBDL I think - I think he wants to stay in the pros. I think Mosley would be a solid pickup - currently on Nuggets staff.

Humphries is doing pretty well in the NBDL I think - I think he wants to stay in the pros. I think Mosley would be a solid pickup - currently on Nuggets staff.
if we get mosley i wouldnt want him in boulder til late june haha

i'd love to see Mosely on staff at CU, but that may make more sense as "fan logic" than day to day college hoops reality. He's got a pretty good job right now. whoever, needs to be someone who can hit the recruiting trail.

as far as Humphries, i posted a link to an article on Jay and Donnie Boyce a week or so ago. FYI.

Tim Floyd just resigned as USC's b-ball coach. Wonder if Baker is regretting his decision now?

Back