What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charlie Strong: 2012 Colorado Head Coaching Search Profile

I'm sending Mike Bohn a fruit basket if he gets Charlie Strong. Talk about a coaching coup

I would be stoked, and not because it has anything to do with, Mac, Bohn, Embree, or anyone but Strong. The guy is the real deal. If I had a son I'd send him to play for strong at Louisville, Auburn, North Alabama or Rancho Kookamonga. But especially for CU.

This would be considered such a good hire for CU. No chance anyone thinks that we hired Strong for pity, more likely that he came here out of some sort of pity.
Probably right. I just wouldn't want him to have to answer questions about it. It would provide a big ol' one of these to those who think the Embree firing was racially motivated...
arb427.gif

I'm sending Mike Bohn a fruit basket if he gets Charlie Strong. Talk about a coaching coup
I'm thinking about doubling my yearly donation to CU if he gets Charlie Strong. That would be amazing.

Strong is with 3 million, assuming that's what it would take to potentially get him. Not even debatable, IMO.

I don't give a **** about race when it comes to Embree, and I don't give a **** about it with Strong. If there is a sliver of hope to get this guy, GET HIM. As I said earlier, his credentials are impeccable.

He's number one on may list, if you don't count Tressel, Miles or other grand slams.

Still, I can't find what the Colorado ties are.

He's number one on may list, if you don't count Tressel, Miles or other grand slams.

Still, I can't find what the Colorado ties are.
his coaching staff has multiple Colorado ties.

And let's just say Colorado is a MUCH better place for his family than anywhere in the south.

Charlie Strong was my #1 dream choice....this would be the most ideal hire if Bohn could pull it off....not only for credential sakes, but even more so now to quell some of this BS Racist jibber jabber from Mac

A CSU AD, and a Barnett assistant? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Colorado and Bohn from those mouths.

Reed Marks @reedmarks
Yet unconfirmed, one source told me #CU has "discussed numbers" w/ their top choice. Who is a BCS level HC.

right after the henderson quote... HMMMM

IF it was Charlie Strong, whether right or wrong, I could see MB getting the green light from PD and Benson to spend what it takes to get him. I think Embree and Mac have made this personal with them.

I could see this as a possibility because while Louisville may be ACC bound, they are still second fiddle in their own state to SEC Kentucky. Colorado is Flagship and Pac 12.

I don't understand how it is humanly possible that Strong would come to CU right now. He's got a good thing going at Louisville, already makes what we can offer, already in a BCS conference, has strong southeast ties and if anything would be inclined and likely attracted to an SEC school.

Is there something I am missing?

I don't understand how it is humanly possible that Strong would come to CU right now. He's got a good thing going at Louisville, already makes what we can offer, already in a BCS conference, has strong southeast ties and if anything would be inclined and likely attracted to an SEC school.

Louisville is a ****thole?

I don't trust anyone saying anything about this search unless it is Bohn himself given the amount of mis information. But for what it's worth, this is the publicly available part of an article in 247 which came out 4 hours ago:

Just spoke with the source that has given me all the other good stuff on the search. He said our main target is NOT Charlie Strong

Yes that's kind of what I'm thinking too, that this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Unless Strong isn't happy there.

Back